“What a view!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Tallahassee, Florida
“What a view!”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Based on the recommendation of a friend who recently stayed at the Gateway, we booked a deluxe falls view room, and are very glad we did. Upon arrival we were pleasantly surprised to be upgraded to a bi-level suite on the 22nd floor. The view from our room was truly amazing. We had a clear view of Horseshoe Falls and the American Falls, as well as the headwaters flowing to the falls. The hotel staff, from the reception desk to the clerk in the store, were all friendly and helpful. The room was immaculate and comfortable. We did not eat at the hotel and are unable to review that portion. We did make use of the WEGO transportation and loved the easy access across the street from the hotel. We chose the self-park rate for parking and had no problems with it at all. Had we paid full price in season, we would have been a bit disappointed in the thin walls and noise from the hall and adjacent room, but to be fair, it did not keep us awake at night. Based on the amount we paid and the room we received, we were more than happy with our stay. We most definitely recommend the hotel as a good value for the location.

Room Tip: The loft rooms provide double story windows with incredible views!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
4410, General Manager at Niagara Falls Marriott on the Falls, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear Lakinhouse,

Thank you for your wonderful comments. I hope that we will see you again soon.

Gord Chow

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (849)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Toronto
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Seriously?? 2 connected rooms is a suite? In who's world.
We booked a 'suite' for a girls get away weekend. $450. At the very least we expected a living room area but were shocked to find only 2 connected bedrooms.
Yes, the view was great but that's about it.
When we arrived there was a workman in our room fixing a cabinet. At 8 pm at night. Really, you couldn't fix that before we arrived. Add to that the large wet area of the carpet right in front of the door to the connecting room.
We complained and were given coupons to Milestones. That might of been ok if the dinner had been good. But's that another review.
Very disappointing.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear MimicoGal,

I apologize for your less than perfect stay with us. I am very sorry to hear of your disappointment. We appreciate your feedback so that we may continue to improve the service that we provide to our guests.

Vassar, Michigan
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Clean, beautiful hotel in a great location. But if you are going to stay, make sure you splurge on a falls view! There is nothing more spectacular than that view day or night. The only things that kept us from giving it a five star was that everything was so expensive. 25.00 a day for wifi 20.00 a day for parking and 20.00 a person for breakfast. Also our room wasn't ready until late, but it was worth it when we got in it!

Room Tip: Go for fall view!!!!!!!!
Dear bhguile,

Thank you for your comments. I apologize that your room was not ready when you arrived at the hotel but am happy to hear that the view was worth waiting for. I hope that we will see you again soon.

Imperail Beach
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Enjoyed our 3 day stay. Service excellent, food excellent! Great view from the dining room of the falls. Buy a bus pass which picks up in front of the hotel and takes you down to the falls. Steep walkway up otherwise. Only disappointed part was mailing postcards from the Hotel. They accepted them to mail them for us, but not telling us the postage was incorrect until the last day when I tried to mail one and the clerk told me they could not do it. I asked what happened to my other mail from previous days, the clerk went back and looked and they were there? What were they going to do with them? They need to check the postage before accepting mail. We had a broken lamp in the room which was replaced right away.

Room Tip: Higher floors with great views
Good Day bchrefuge,

I am happy to hear that you had an overall good stay with us. I apologize for the confusion regarding postage. I understand how disappointing that would have been for you. I hope that we will see you again soon.

Halifax, Canada
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Stayed here for one night with husband and children. The greatest thing is the view so if you want to stay in your room, this is the place for you. It is a long walk down to the falls or anywhere. A bit dated for Marriott standards. Beds are very comfortable. Refrigerator was a bonus. Elevator was very slow, waiting 10 minutes. Parking lot was full and had to park in the over flow for the same price. Starbucks in the lobby. The area is over-priced. We opted for a sweet new Italian restaurant outside the main hub beside a delicious frozen yogurt spot called CC Swirls (don't miss this!). Our kids loved walking the Clifton Avenue strip at night. First time to Niagara Falls, glad I went but once you see it, you have seen it, in my opinion.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Sunny010133,

Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to read that you had an enjoyable time in Niagara Falls. I apologize for the waits incurred from our elevator system. I hope that we will see you again soon.

Seoul
Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights with my family in the junior presidential suite. It was a gorgeous room with an incredible view of the falls. The problem with my stay was the staff seemed disinterested and not helpful. I had issues with checking in and out, housekeeping and room service. Was disappointed with the stay

• Stayed September 2013
Rama, Ontario
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I stayed here on business September 17 - 19th. The room l stayed in was average/nice with two double beds. I enjoyed the in-room coffee and fridge and great view of Niagara Falls! While l didn't use the spa or hotel breakfast, the conference rooms were comfortable, and the hotel was nice with ample parking. I especially enjoyed that the hotel was on the edge of the "lights and action" and everything was within walking distance, with the furthest attraction (main Niagara Falls Casino) being a 20 min walk. Since l was here on business, my room was part of a block with a discounted rate. I have no complaints about this hotel and l enjoyed my stay but Im not sure l would/could personally pay the regular rate ($499 posted on door) for this room. (If so, then l would be paying for the great view.)

Room Tip: I believe all the rooms have a good view of Niagara Falls.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business