“Great view”

Niagara Falls Marriott on the Falls
Ranked #10 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 17, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for one night. We booked a room with the Falls view. When we arrived, they upgraded us to a junior suite! sweet. Too bad it was a rainy night that we couldn't enjoyed the gorgeous view out of our window. Our overall experience was great. We were a little confused because there were two Marriotts in close proximity.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
4410, General Manager at Niagara Falls Marriott on the Falls, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Dear Sr_DonDiego,

I am very happy to hear of the service that you received upon your arrival. I hope that you will stay with us again soon.

Gord Chow

Write a ReviewReviews (3,577)

Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

Stay here if you wish to walk everywhere. The tour they offer is a great way to see everything in 2 days. We were able to check in early and start touring right away. Hotel views were spectacular from everywhere! Food was mediocre. Room was comfortable and clean.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank HilaryCCoakley
4410, General Manager at Niagara Falls Marriott on the Falls, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Dear Hilary C,

Thank you so much for your comments! I hope that we see you again.

Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

There is one disappointment we had with booking our tour through the Marriott Fallsview. My husband, parents & I all booked the $150 five & a half hour tour, including the Maid of the Mist, other good attractions & ending at the Skylon Tower. The "distasteful" portion of this trip was the 45min lunch break. They took us to a terrible lunch location, outside of the main attraction areas, so there was no alternative option of where to purchase food. There were limited choices, mainly greasy & unappetizing, with very inflated prices. We have no problem paying high prices for food on vacation, provided the choice & quality is present. We left lunch feeling unsatisfied (none of us completed our meals as the food was poor quality & not what we would have desired).
The place they took us for lunch was not in keeping with a place suitable for Mariott clientele, rather one of those kitschy motels surrounding the joint.

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear NancyMann,

I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the lunch location during your tour that you booked through our hotels Information Desk. I understand how disappointing that would have been for you. I am very happy that you did enjoy the rest of your stay with us. I hope that we will see you again.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

There are two Marriotts in Niagra Falls, Ontario directly across the street from each other. The Gateway on the Falls is the lesser of the two properties. That does not mean that it isn't nice -it is. But having by mistake gone to the other one first (and seeing its grand lobby, spa, much taller, newer structure, and location a bit closer to the falls) there is difinitely a contrast. I would say that this hotel is a 3-star property overall, whereas the other is 4-star. While at first I thought I might be disappointed and was considering moving, I'm glad that I stayed. I realy enjoyed it. Our room was on the top floor (31), with a huge window facing the falls. We could watch the fireworks from our room. Our activity focus was on Maid-of-the-Mist because we did not need to take cable-cars or helicopters etc to see what we could see just sitting in our room. We ate in the on-site restaurant for dinner and it was nice, with sufficient options for our fussy family. The bus to various activities stopped within a block. Self parking was right nextdoor (and cheaper than the other Marriott which was mostly valet). The 2 Queen beds were comfy and the room was sufficiently large for 4 people. The staff was very helpful and accommodating, allowing us to check in around 11 am on a Sunday and changing some American dollars for Canadian.

Room Tip: You want fallsview on the highest possible floor. Don't bother with other rooms unless you are...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear GeekyDCLady,

Thank you for staying with us. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and the view from your guestroom. I hope that we will see you again soon.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

My partner and I stayed here in mid July on the night of our 20th Anniversary. We received a complimentary breakfast from the hotel which was a nice gesture. We were in a superior falls view room on the 24th floor. This is the floor that has the small ledge outside the room so you don't get a straight down view. This suited my partner who has a fear of heights. The view from the room was everything I'd hoped for and made our stay very special.

On arrival reception was very efficient and was overseen by a nice lady who kept things moving and minimised our wait in line. They were also very helpful in organising a safety deposit box. However it would have been less hassle to have had one of these in the room.

The room was spacious and had everything we needed - I could have just stood at the window and admired the view for hours!!

It is a bit of a trek down to the falls as the funicular railway at the entrance to the hotel which is a great shortcut is being renovated currently. Unless work is completed by now I would choose a hotel nearer the falls if you have mobility problems.

Breakfast service was good with a nice choice of items and again has that fab view.

I would recommend this hotel and look forward to coming back in the future.

Room Tip: Get a falls view room
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Realdiva50,

Thank you for your wonderful comments. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Upon arrival, my room was not ready so they upgraded me to a suite at no additional charge. Had a marvelous view of the Falls in spite of the crummy weather. Thoroughly enjoyed my stay even during construction in the lobby. Typical nice Marriott property and good staff. Would stay there again on a return visit. A little further walk than some of the other hotels but my fat butt benefited greatly even though it was cold and rainy. The taxi ride from the airport was a 40 dollar flat fee. Take your passport. The same cab driver returned me to the airport as well. Good trip!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear richard n,

Thank you for sharing on Trip Advisor. I am very pleased to hear that you had a great stay with us. I hope that you will be back to see the changes that have been completed!

Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Gateway Marriott in late July and had a wonderful experience at the hotel. We had a spectacular view of the falls and the sun shining through the mist as it rose. We had a four year old with a food allergy that the wait staff and restaurant manager tended to like no other place we've been. He actually had fun knowing they were cooking up something special for him. We walked down to Lundy Lane and enjoyed all they had to offer. Hotel was very nice and we used the pool at night. We would not hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear TerriH521,

Thank you for your wonderful comments! I am so happy to hear that our associates went above and beyond to ensure that your family had a great time with us. We look forward to your next visit.