Marriott Gateway on the Falls - note this is DIFFERENT than Marriott Fallsview & Spa (across the street)
- It is the last hotel on the "strip" making it a much quieter stay than other hotels that we have seen in the area. It feels more sane than most of the crazy crowds you will witness in Niagara. For example, the Sheraton is right off of Clifton street which is similar to a crowded Carnival experience.
- We stayed in room 1121 the Junior Presidential Suite and would definitely recommend it. The room came with a kitchenette, full dining room table, desk, couch with pull out bed, shower and jacuzzi bathroom. The views were unparalleled from the suite of both the horseshoe and American Falls. You could also see the Rainbow Bridge. It felt like you were on top of the Horseshoe Falls. The room also allowed for a view of the falls right from the bed. There is also a fireplace in the living area.
Some things to note:
- The hotel is quieter than most, but a 15-20 minute walk to Murray street (where the passage lies to get near the falls). We actually brought our bikes and rode them everywhere (which we would definitely recommend). There is a place in Niagara you can rent your bike, but we would recommend bringing your bikes if you can.
- the hotel taxes are expensive - we paid 100 dollars/night in taxes and fees (including a 20 dollar/day fee for parking)
- there is a great Starbucks in the lobby
- the Milestones restaurant is very good for breakfast with a nice view of the falls
- There were fireworks over the falls Friday night at 10PM while we were there that we watched from our hotel room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Niagara Falls Marriott on the Falls Hotel is the ideal place to stay for your next leisure getaway. The hotel serves as hub spot to all of Niagara, and its recent $15-million renovation and upgrade offers our Niagara Falls hotel guests a modern and trendy travel experience. For guests looking to experience the best that a Niagara Falls hotel has to offer, the Niagara Falls Marriott on the Falls hotel is situated in the heart of the Fallsview Boulevard district, minutes away from area attractions, world-class wineries, golf and casinos. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, HotelsforEveryone, TravelUp, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Niagara Falls Marriott on the Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Gateway On The Falls Hotel Niagara Falls
- Sheraton Niagara Falls
- Niagara Falls Sheraton