“WATCH YOUR CREDIT CARD STATEMENTS! WILL TAKE MORE MONEY THAN BILLED!”

Niagara Falls Marriott on the Falls
Ranked #11 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
GreenLeadersSilver level
Hamilton, Canada
“WATCH YOUR CREDIT CARD STATEMENTS! WILL TAKE MORE MONEY THAN BILLED!”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

After having a nice evening for my mom's 50th birthday we checked out the next day only to find a lower rate on our bill than originally booked. My mom being a gold member figured it was a gold member birthday perk. We phone front desk to confirm that this was in fact the right amount and nothing else would be charged to the card.
A couple weeks later i noticed there was a 2nd charge to my credit card and when i phoned the hotel, the lady at the front desk assured me it would be taken off my credit card shortly. Two more weeks went by so i phoned again only for them now to tell me that is what it cost and no refunds would be made. They told me they had billed me in 2 parts without actually giving me the bill for the second part and no notification that it would be taken off of the card. When speaking to the manager, the lady was very rude and never admitted the hotel was at fault, she then transferred me to a voicemail that was not followed up until i approach head office. In the end they did nothing for me but cause me a lot of grief and hassle. Being a loyal member i expected more from this company. I WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
4410, General Manager at Niagara Falls Marriott on the Falls, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear Anonymous123456288,

I am sorry for any disappointment and confusion regarding your recent reservation. As your reservation was booked under 2 names, it automatically splits the rate between the 2 people. I apologize that you were not provided with both invoices when you departed from the hotel. Thank you for staying with us and I hope that you will join us again sometime.

Gord Chow

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (887)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
toronto
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Purchased a voucher on travelzoo that included the hotel room, breakfast, and credit for the restaurant (and wine tours) I thought it was great value. We did not pay extra for a fallsview room but that was optional at checkin. The self park was easy and convenient. They room was good, the carpets were a bit worn and the bathroom was showing signs of wear and tear. Overall these were only minor issues. The buffet breakfast was great!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank m n
4410, General Manager at Niagara Falls Marriott on the Falls, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear m n,

Thank you for sharing your comments. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I got a great price for a 4 star hotel from Priceline. I was expecting the worst because of my past visit to Markham and the other hotel (even though it was only a 2 star). I was very happy to see that the Attendant was right in front waiting for me and waved me on since I decided to use their valet service (with in and out privileges). I entered into a very nicely appointed foyer area though was directed by the tour attendant to the checkin desk. The representative was very friendly and extremely accommodating with my requests. I knew I wasn't getting a fallsview but the room I received was a king bed and was very spacious. The view from the 16th floor waiting for the elevator was absolutely beautiful. It was of the horseshoe falls. The room was large, clean, and very well appointed. It had a large floor to ceiling window but views of the parking lot and city?!? (Town) of Niagara Falls- still a fantastic room. I ate at the Milestone Restaurant which I will review on that site on here. I would definitely come back to this hotel - fallsview next time or even go to the other hotel across the street with a Fallsview there and take advantage of the spa services. Some added info - great service and friendliness from all their employees - though the Starbucks there was quite expensive and and the attendant seemed otherwise occupied in finishing her conversation with the other employee rather than finishing my coffee order. (yeah a little picky but having been in the service industry for 15 years - can't help it)

Room Tip: Fallsview side - definitely if it is available.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Eric M
Dear Eric M,

I am so happy to read that you had a great stay with us. I thank you for your comments. We hope to see you again when you are visiting the area.

Gold Coast Australia
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I stayed in a Fallsview Room and it was amazing. It had huge windows with a great view of the Falls that I could just sit and watch for ages. The different aspects of the falls depending on the time of the day was amazing. The bed was extremely comfortable. I was treated very well. They gave me vouchers for breakfast and dinner which was really appreciated. And both were good. There is a bus out the front of the hotel for travel all around. It would be a long walk from downtown and the falls, so if you wanted to walk everywhere, I probably would stay closer, but nothing would beat my stay there. I was in US and Canada for a month and this was my best hotel.

Room Tip: Definitely a Fallsview Room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear minnie006,

Thank you for choosing Marriott and for sharing your comments from your recent stay. I am very happy to hear that you had a great time with us! We hope to welcome you back very soon.

MIAMI,FLORIDA
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We booked this hotel thru Expedia and we totally loved it. When we arrived we were greeted by a young man at front desk who was very polite and showed good knowledge of his hotel and job. He offered to upgrade our room to a room on the 26 floor for $20 more a night, but we decided not to take it due to the fact that parking was already another $20 a night, but he later came back to the desk and said he had been approved to give it to us anyways free of charge!. The room was grand. It had floor to ceiling windows right in front of the Canadian Niagara Falls! It was an outstanding view day or night! The hotel was very modern, lobby and other areas around were very nicely decorated. The room and bathroom were wonderful, very nice and soft beds and pillows! Great toiletries! We totally loved it and would recommend it to anyone!

Room Tip: I believe all rooms face the Canadian Waterfalls. Some have smaller windows. No balconies in any roo...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear DAHFLINA,

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! I hope that you will stay with us again soon.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed June 17, 2013

This was my 4th trip to Niagara Falls and by far the best hotel.
The view from my room was great. My only issue was the weather.
When it rains it gets so foggy and misty that I could hardly see the Falls and I was 200 yards away.
The staff was great, couldn't ask for better service.
Had the breakfast buffet package and my wife and I loved it.
Men are fine with anything that the wife is happy with.

I noticed a lot of people didn't know about the price of parking at the Marriott which is $20 or $25 (valet). If you head back down Fallsview Ave which is the same street the hotel is on you will find plenty of parking for about $5 a day. If your ok with walking a block or two parking shouldn't be a problem.
I parked a few blocks away...maybe a 5 minute walk near the Imax Theater and got parking for $3 a day. I think it was Fallsview and Freeman?? across the street from Club Seven.
I paid for the day and when I came back the next day to pay the lady told me not to worry about it so I was there Wed and left Friday at noon and only paid $3 total for parking but there is plenty of parking very close to the hotel and most of it was $5 a day. The highest I saw was maybe $10 a day.
I even had 48 hour WEGO Shuttle Passes included and the shuttle took me right to where I was parked but walking was quicker. A WEGO Pass is $7 a day if you don't have it in your package.

Room Tip: I can only speak for Fallsview rooms but the higher up the better the view.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Manoy M,

Thank you for sharing your comments. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. I hope that you and your wife will be joining us again soon.

North Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Recently stayed at this hotel for 2 nights before driving up to Kingston for our daughter's graduation from Queens University. Arrived in the early evening after driving from Toronto Airport. Check-in efficient, but not overly friendly. Lobby and room nice but "tired". Chair in room had material that was worn and stained. Bed comfortable and bathroom full of nice towels, but overall the room was a bit old and in need of some new decoration. We did not pay the additional $10 for internet, and just "connected" in the lobby to avoid the costs. We also paid the $20 a day self parking fee which seems pretty standard for the area.

The hotel is located about a 15-20 minute walk from the Falls. A pleasant walk, but a steep hill to come back. Would be a bit challenging for older people or those with walking difficulties. The location though of the hotel is very nice if you are looking for a quieter part of Niagara Falls. We paid for the "superior view" and stayed on the 29th floor and had a very good view of the Falls.

Our "package deal" was the Sip and Savour 2-Night Stay Offer, includes hot buffet breakfast for 2 adults daily at Marriott Cafe, 25 CAD meal credit at Milestones Grill and Bar per stay, 2 Casinos and Citywide Attractions Shuttle tickets which was $189.00 per night plus taxes and also additional costs for our daughter to stay in the same room. Although we had to pay additional money for our daughter to stay in the room, she was not included in the package and we had to pay additional money for her to have breakfast. The Milestones Grill was quite nice for dinner, perhaps a bit pricey, so the $25 meal credit was helpful, although it is really only $21 plus tax off the meal. We did not use the Casino or Shuttle tickets. We had breakfast at the buffet in the Milestones Restaurant which was quite nice, although we did have to pay for our daughter's breakfast.

We did go and use the hot tub, but the water was disappointingly cool and the "bubble jets" were not working very well. The pool seemed warm and there was lots of kids and families enjoying playing and swimming.

Room Tip: Choose a room on a high level.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
4410, General Manager at Niagara Falls Marriott on the Falls, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear youngcjpl.

Thank you for sharing your comments. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed one of the many packages that we offer to guests. We are working to replace the furniture in our guestrooms. I hope that you will stay with us again soon.