“Fantastic”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Gold Coast Australia
“Fantastic”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I stayed in a Fallsview Room and it was amazing. It had huge windows with a great view of the Falls that I could just sit and watch for ages. The different aspects of the falls depending on the time of the day was amazing. The bed was extremely comfortable. I was treated very well. They gave me vouchers for breakfast and dinner which was really appreciated. And both were good. There is a bus out the front of the hotel for travel all around. It would be a long walk from downtown and the falls, so if you wanted to walk everywhere, I probably would stay closer, but nothing would beat my stay there. I was in US and Canada for a month and this was my best hotel.

Room Tip: Definitely a Fallsview Room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
4410, General Manager at Niagara Falls Marriott on the Falls, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear minnie006,

Thank you for choosing Marriott and for sharing your comments from your recent stay. I am very happy to hear that you had a great time with us! We hope to welcome you back very soon.

Gord Chow

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (920)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
MIAMI,FLORIDA
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We booked this hotel thru Expedia and we totally loved it. When we arrived we were greeted by a young man at front desk who was very polite and showed good knowledge of his hotel and job. He offered to upgrade our room to a room on the 26 floor for $20 more a night, but we decided not to take it due to the fact that parking was already another $20 a night, but he later came back to the desk and said he had been approved to give it to us anyways free of charge!. The room was grand. It had floor to ceiling windows right in front of the Canadian Niagara Falls! It was an outstanding view day or night! The hotel was very modern, lobby and other areas around were very nicely decorated. The room and bathroom were wonderful, very nice and soft beds and pillows! Great toiletries! We totally loved it and would recommend it to anyone!

Room Tip: I believe all rooms face the Canadian Waterfalls. Some have smaller windows. No balconies in any roo...
Dear DAHFLINA,

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! I hope that you will stay with us again soon.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed June 17, 2013

This was my 4th trip to Niagara Falls and by far the best hotel.
The view from my room was great. My only issue was the weather.
When it rains it gets so foggy and misty that I could hardly see the Falls and I was 200 yards away.
The staff was great, couldn't ask for better service.
Had the breakfast buffet package and my wife and I loved it.
Men are fine with anything that the wife is happy with.

I noticed a lot of people didn't know about the price of parking at the Marriott which is $20 or $25 (valet). If you head back down Fallsview Ave which is the same street the hotel is on you will find plenty of parking for about $5 a day. If your ok with walking a block or two parking shouldn't be a problem.
I parked a few blocks away...maybe a 5 minute walk near the Imax Theater and got parking for $3 a day. I think it was Fallsview and Freeman?? across the street from Club Seven.
I paid for the day and when I came back the next day to pay the lady told me not to worry about it so I was there Wed and left Friday at noon and only paid $3 total for parking but there is plenty of parking very close to the hotel and most of it was $5 a day. The highest I saw was maybe $10 a day.
I even had 48 hour WEGO Shuttle Passes included and the shuttle took me right to where I was parked but walking was quicker. A WEGO Pass is $7 a day if you don't have it in your package.

Room Tip: I can only speak for Fallsview rooms but the higher up the better the view.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Manoy M,

Thank you for sharing your comments. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. I hope that you and your wife will be joining us again soon.

North Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Recently stayed at this hotel for 2 nights before driving up to Kingston for our daughter's graduation from Queens University. Arrived in the early evening after driving from Toronto Airport. Check-in efficient, but not overly friendly. Lobby and room nice but "tired". Chair in room had material that was worn and stained. Bed comfortable and bathroom full of nice towels, but overall the room was a bit old and in need of some new decoration. We did not pay the additional $10 for internet, and just "connected" in the lobby to avoid the costs. We also paid the $20 a day self parking fee which seems pretty standard for the area.

The hotel is located about a 15-20 minute walk from the Falls. A pleasant walk, but a steep hill to come back. Would be a bit challenging for older people or those with walking difficulties. The location though of the hotel is very nice if you are looking for a quieter part of Niagara Falls. We paid for the "superior view" and stayed on the 29th floor and had a very good view of the Falls.

Our "package deal" was the Sip and Savour 2-Night Stay Offer, includes hot buffet breakfast for 2 adults daily at Marriott Cafe, 25 CAD meal credit at Milestones Grill and Bar per stay, 2 Casinos and Citywide Attractions Shuttle tickets which was $189.00 per night plus taxes and also additional costs for our daughter to stay in the same room. Although we had to pay additional money for our daughter to stay in the room, she was not included in the package and we had to pay additional money for her to have breakfast. The Milestones Grill was quite nice for dinner, perhaps a bit pricey, so the $25 meal credit was helpful, although it is really only $21 plus tax off the meal. We did not use the Casino or Shuttle tickets. We had breakfast at the buffet in the Milestones Restaurant which was quite nice, although we did have to pay for our daughter's breakfast.

We did go and use the hot tub, but the water was disappointingly cool and the "bubble jets" were not working very well. The pool seemed warm and there was lots of kids and families enjoying playing and swimming.

Room Tip: Choose a room on a high level.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
4410, General Manager at Niagara Falls Marriott on the Falls, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear youngcjpl.

Thank you for sharing your comments. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed one of the many packages that we offer to guests. We are working to replace the furniture in our guestrooms. I hope that you will stay with us again soon.

Ottawa, Ontario Canada
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We really appreciated that upgrade to a presidential suite. The staff was great all around.

We had a nice view of the falls but the room was a little outdated. A few things were broken: the temperature adjustment box was coming off the wall; burned light bulb in the living room; the shower hand-held part was not working; and we also found two bugs in the bathroom.

Also, I which we had had free internet in the room and cheaper parking (maybe $10 instead of $20 plus tax).

Otherwise a fine hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with terrace access, to get fresh air. Make sure to go to Milestone Grill & Bar...
Dear Josee P,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am very pleased to read that you received exceptional service during your stay. We do have plans to renovate our guestrooms to reflect the look of the lobby and meeting space. I hope that you will consider staying with us again.

UK
Reviewed June 16, 2013

The staff was very friendly and attentive. The bi-level room is warm and nicely furnished. There was a whirlpool in the room! We could see both falls through the floor-to-ceiling window. Room service was quick - the food arrived within 15 mins after ordering. There was a variety of selections for room services. It was a pleasure having breakfast at the Milestone restaurant, looking at the fall. The food was delicious but the variety of food is limited.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Roncr7,

Thank you for your wonderful comments. I hope that you will stay with us again soon.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

I admit I'm a motel/hotel person who has never paid big bucks for lodging. I decided to take my mother on a nice vacation and give her what was supposedly luxury. I paid $1000.00 for a five day stay and what I got was less then what I have at this very moment sitting in a Microtel including the beds!! First complaint was room service cleaning techniques. They leave empty bottles, used paper cups, tissues and things like that around since one person once complained that they wanted to keep a cup. You'd think an empty coffee cup with lipstick on it would clearly be garbage but their staff, according to the front desk staff, is told not to throw things like that out. Huh? An empty coffee cup??

I took a room with a falls view for added luxury. I was told I would have a balcony. Oh I got a balcony but a communal one that is covered, and mean covered in these bugs that I think we're termites! Thousands of them!! If you decide to actually go out to the balcony you'd better get that incredibly difficult and heavy sliding door closed quick because you'll be killing them in your room all freakin night.

The restaurant shows no respect for the guests. We waited over an hour for a restaurant that was at less than half capacity due to staff shortages. The staff was so frustrated that they became nasty! Hey, all I wanted to know was how much longer we had to wait to be asked what we'd like to drink while we waited for a table. I guess I didn't call my drink by the proper name
Coming from another country and this irritated the bartender. After an hour and ten minutes of waiting we were seated only to have one meal. Which we simply asked them to omit an ingredient filled with that ingredient! After requesting a re-do of a simple steak salad the waiter offered to replace it with a tossed salad! NO WAY! You bring her the salad ordered! That stopped me from eating my food. We waited so long for a salad my food was cold but I was so annoyed we just finished and left. Over $100 bucks for dinner and they can't even get a salad right. My supper was nothing spectacular for the money. My vegetables were clearly boiled in salt water and served, no other seasoning! They have a Starbucks in the lobby that could supply a decaf coffee because they'd have decaf when the manager ordered it - nice answer. After complaining about everything I got a towel shaped like a swan with a box of truffles on my bed. I can guarantee you they were cheaper then the parking. The view if the horseshoe was nice but the view in general was not spectacular as they indicated; you cannot see the lit up falls well from this location since the American falls are lit. The fireworks are also barely viewable from the location. The view is not worth am additional 32 dollars plus 16% tax per day.

13 years ago I came solo and paid 34 bucks a day for a motel slightly off the strip of touristy stuff - at least I could get coffee and pay a reasonable price for a decent breakfast. I didn't expect to pay 34 bucks obviously but I did expect this experience to surpass that one and it did not. You shouldn't have to beg the front desk to get room service to do their jobs. I understand and they clearly have signage indicating that they'd like to save water and ask that you use towels twice and accept the same bed sheets without changing them daily but for 1000 for less than a week you'd think you'd get understanding not cheap truffles and a front desk that is sorry that you don't agree with their less than luxury ways.....save your money for the expensive but fun attractions. This hotel is nothing special for the money and be careful if you take a balcony - you might bring home more than your dirty clothes!! NEVER AGAIN!!!

• Stayed June 2013