“Great hotel, great view - would go again!”

Niagara Falls Marriott on the Falls
Ranked #9 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I did a tonne of research before I decided to stay at this hotel as I was travelling with my 9 month old daughter and I wanted a decent place. I loved the fact that this Marriott was at the end of Fallsview Blvd, away from the tackier part of the falls. I had a fabulous superior room at a cost of $170 all in for 1 night and the most spectacular view ever. I could have easily stayed elsewhere for around $125-$150 but chose the Marriott as it usually provides great accommodation. The room was spotless, the bathroom exceptionally clean with an abundance of towels and the beds (I had 2 queens) were incredibly comfortable with lovely linens. I've read other reviews that have been somewhat negative and that just simply wasn't the case for me. The hotel even provided a full crib for me, not the usual pack-n-play.

I would recommend this hotel and advise that you stump up an extra bit of cash to get a 'superior fallsview' room. It is definitely worth it. There is some renovation work being done on the ground floor close to the entrance but it was well concealed while I was there. I was told that the reno work is where the bar usually is - not too much of an issue as you can pop into Milestones for a drink.

Room Tip: use priceline.com - seemed to have best prices
1  Thank lulujp
4410, General Manager at Niagara Falls Marriott on the Falls, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2011

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for your great comments. I am delighted that you experienced the Marriott Spirit to Serve while you were with us. I hope that you and your family will come visit us again very soon.

Gord Chow

Write a ReviewReviews (3,508)

Reviewed September 12, 2011

I chose this hotel thinking it was closer to the falls. Its still a walking distance, but if you want to do less of a walk, stay by the other two which are only 3 minutes away.
the room was nice, clean, but I was a bit uncomfortable that it did not have a safe in the room.

Also, for what you pay to stay at a Marriot, parking should be free. The fee is 20 per day. If you are willing to do a 7 min walk, park behind imax theater for 5-10 bucks a day.

Hope this helps anyone.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

This is a newer Marriott located right ont he end of Fallsview boulevard and therefore has the most spectacular view of the falls. Even if you don't get a room with a view, you can catch the falls with the view from the elevator lobbies or just crossing the street to stand and admire in awe. Check in was nice and pelasant. Everyone (as in most of Canada) is very welcoming and the room was decent. Standard Marriott.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Last minute priceline.com deal for $230 a night on labor day weekend, for the "superior fallsview room" (or something like that) was an amazing deal.
30th floor room with glass-wall windows watching over the falls.
We actually took our dinners as take-away back to the room because the view was better than any restaurant...
Check-in guy was so nice, insisting on explaining us everything there is to do, though we didn't even ask for it.
Hotel was clean and beds were comfortable.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

We are happy to hear that you had a perfect weekend while you were staying with us. I hope that you will come and join us again soon!

Reviewed September 11, 2011

I booked through booking.com and stayed on the 11th floor on a suite. great views but not the best in the city, perhaps the sheraton is one of the bests when it comes to views.

the room was really old. the drawers in the toilet dirty!!
suite was spacious but apart from the views you didnt want to spend any time in the room
disappointing.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Takis P
Reviewed September 9, 2011

We stayed at the Marriott Gateway on the Falls in the Junior Presidential Suite on the 19th floor, we were a family 3 adults and a teenage. The view in breathtaking, the room is very spacious with a kitchenette, a fridge, a microwave and a coffee maker. There is an ice making machine and soft drinks selling machine in every floor. The suite was clean, with a sofa bed and two tv sets, a dining room, a large bathroom with a Jacuzzi. Our requests for accomodating the suite for 4 from room service was promptly fulfilled.
I recommend this hotel strongly. We have stayed for two nights on the weekend of Labor Day. The only drawback is they have withdrawn 50 CAD per night from my credit card as a deposit although the room was already paid through Booking.com, they said that it will be returned after checking out but was not done to this day, a week later. Apart from that the hotel is perfect.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
4410, General Manager at Niagara Falls Marriott on the Falls, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2011

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

We are ecstatic about your accolades of our hotel. I have shared your comments with our entire team. I hope that your charges have been reversed regarding the money that was taken as a deposit.

Reviewed September 8, 2011

I was surprised by how well kept the hotel was for a hotel of its age. It was a fantastic stay, and great pricing.

As a suggestion: We found this hotel cheaper on Expedia then on Marriott.com. We used this information to book it on Marriott.com, filled out a simple form for their "look no further guarantee", and ended up with the hotel for 25% cheaper then the Expedia price!

Also, make sure to insist they remove their B.S. fee from the bill. Your ONLY tax should be a 13% tax. The "T.I.F." fee is crap and can be removed with insistence. With our three rooms for a week, having it removed saved us $90!

Room Tip: Superior Fallsview rooms were awesome!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

We are overjoyed that you enjoyed your stay with us. Marriott.com is a great place to book guest rooms for the Marriott family of hotels. We also have some great packages available on our website that may appeal to you on your next visit. See you soon!