“Awesome Weekend Getaway”

Lion's Head Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #8 of 69 Niagara Falls B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 22, 2012

My wife and I needed a weekend getaway and we could think of nothing better than Lion's Head B&B. This is the second time we have stayed there. Helena was an awesome host as usual and the two breakfast meals we had were absolutely fantastic. I would highly recommend Lion's Head B&B to anyone who are looking for a great breakfast and a relaxing stay. We will be going back!!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 30, 2012

We stayed at the Lion's Head B&B for just one night in the French quarter suite, but it was definitely one of the highlights of our trip. The suite we stayed in was beautiful and had plenty of room. It was for sure better value than anything you would get for the same thing in a hotel. The host, Helena was very friendly and gave us lots of interesting information about the housel and surrounding area. She also recommended an excellent place for dinner. Breakfast the next morning was delicious, the best pancakes I've ever had. Would definitely come here again!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 29, 2012

My boyfriend and I wanted a weekend get away and came across the Lions Head Bed and Breakfast. Halana was great and was able to meet our needs. She gave us great recommendations for dinner, winerys, and places to see. The breakfast was great and we would definitely come back!! It was a relaxing get away....

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jillian S
Reviewed February 7, 2012

Helena is a wonderful host: personable, accommodating and helpful. Her home and rooms are beautifully furnished. She has a very eclectic and interesting collection of antiques. My partner stayed in the Gauguin room. It was gorgeous. The room was spotless, super clean. Our bed was very comfortable. The breakfast was delicious! We felt very comfortable here and look forward to coming back for another weekend getaway. Staying here is a real treat! I definitely recommend this B and B!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 13, 2011

It was my first time at a bed and breakfast and i was i little against the idea. But This was great.Changed the way i see bed and breakfast. Helena ( the host and owner )made the whole thing. She is great. She is an educated world class chef. Her breakfast is amazing. She knows all the best restaurants around the area and where to find the best wine. I was blow away by every place she sent us too. On top of that she is very wise about the history of niagara and the history of her own house. Great stories..The house is great. I loved it. Cant' say anymore, you have to experience this..I will definetly be back..Love ya Helena..

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank isaac c
Reviewed November 28, 2011

This house is stunning! The rooms were furnished beautifully and I loved looking at all the antiques everywhere throughout the house - it really is a treasure chest! We stayed in the french quarters which was very spacious and lovely beds! The breakfast in the morning was amazing! I dont understand how anyone can fault the breakfast.. french toast, syrup, bacon and icing sugar - delicious! The hostess is a fantastic cook and I always looked forward to breakfast each morning as she would change it each day (pancakes were my favourite).
The area is perfect, close to the falls and surrounding villages which are worth the trip as they are very pretty and great food! Ask helena for suggestions as they were spot on and delicious food!
Thank you for an amazing weekend!

As for all the negative reviews - your crazy! The reviewer who said they only wanted to stay for 1 night and give their friends the room the next night ( which can I point out the host could not do for hygiene reasons) - go to a hotel for a night not a B&B and stop complaining!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Francesca909
Reviewed November 27, 2011

Just read the previous person review of this property and cannot believe they are talking about the same place that we stayed in.

We have never stayed in a B & B before but decided that rather than staying in some souless hotel chain that we would like to experience the world of Bed and Breakfasts. We travelled from Australia where we have been living for the past six years to celebrate my daughters 21st birthday in New York and then travel up to Niagara. I thought the French Quarter was just perfect as we hired the whole floor so that we were all together and Helena had warned me when booking from Oz that there was only a claw bath in the room. My daughters boyfriend who is 6ft 4 did not have any problem in the bathroom cleaning his teeth!!!

Helena was the most entertaining host I have encountered with the added bonus of being a fantastic cook. We have extensively travelled the world and we all love food and live to eat!! and found the breakfasts amazing. Her local knowledge of restaurants were spot on. She recommended a restaurant in Niagara Fall Village which looked very ordinary from the outside but upon entering was a fantastic cordon bleu restaurant with fantastic food, wine and ambiance.

The ice winery at Inniskillen was a great find and we managed to get all our purchases plus the reidel wine glasses back to Perth in One piece going via New York, London, Dubai and finally Perth.

Thank you Helena for a wonderful two days and our first experience of B and B's.
If you are ever in Perth, please give us a call, I left my card on the dresser
Deborah