I have stayed at many budget hotels, and whatever the price paid, I do expect that as a minimum both the hotel and my room should at least be clean - this was not the case at this hotel. The front of the hotel is apparently undergoing some renovation, meaning that plaster and cement was lying around on the car park from where it had come off of the wall. There were bags of cement lying around outside reception, next to the filthy dirty swimming pool. Although the room appeared to look fairly clean, there was a musty smell, with stained carpets and cigarette burns in the furniture, even though this is a totally non-smoking hotel. There were several large family groups that appeared to be new immigrants to Canada, so maybe the local government is using this hotel as emergency accommodation for new arrivals? They certainly appeared to be happy with their stay, sitting around on the floor of the car park eating a picnic meal - I was not happy. No drinks making facilities in the room, and the vending machines at the reception were completely empty so there was no way of getting any food or drink at the hotel. Even though the rate was extremely cheap, it was a prepaid rate meaning that I paid for nothing at all and ended up staying at a much more expensive (but worth every penny) hotel nearer the centre of town. The description also does not make it clear that this hotel is situated in a 'rather tired' residential area of Niagara Falls, meaning a walk of 20 minutes or so each way to the river and attractions that this lovely town has to offer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to CJS Inn, a Brand New Ownership facility featuring newly renovated spacious rooms with new floorings, new beddings and new flat screen TV. Rest assured, our friendly staff is available during day hours and/or on-call 24-hours ensuring you and your family will enjoy your entire comfortable and memorable stay with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, HostelWorld, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your CJS Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Carpet Inn And Suites Fallsway
- Red Carpet Inn & Suites Fallsway Hotel Niagara Falls
- Red Carpet Inn Fallsway
- Red Carpet Inn Niagara Falls