“Meh!”

Ramada Niagara Falls/Fallsview
Ranked #46 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed September 1, 2010

I stayed here for a wedding, and it was significantly cheaper, and just across the street from the hotel the wedding was held at. It was an ok experience. Nothing fancy. It was clean, no frills, and decent location, less than a 10 min walk to the Falls and Casino. For 99 bucks it was fine if your only goal is to sleep. They are undergoing some renovations which will hopefully pick the standards up a bit, but in the meantime might prove to be inconvenient. Parking is $15 bucks. The Ihop on site is MUCH more expensive than their US counterparts.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (3,158)

Reviewed August 30, 2010

The only good thing I can say about this hotel is that it is within 10 minute walk to the Skylon Tower. We had dinner reservation at the rotating restaurant on the tower, and it was a pleasant walk there from this hotel. It is NOT an easy walking distance to the Falls though.

However, I got the feeling that this hotel maybe poorly managed. Cases in point.
(1) When we checked in at the front desk, there were quite a few people in line and there was only one staff at the desk helping people check in. What bothered me more was that another staff came out from the back office, saw the line and went back into the office instead helping. We had a long wait.
(2) When we got into our room, it smelled bad that someone smoked there. I called the front desk, and all she said was, "It is not my fault that someone smoked in the room, and I have no control of that." I thought to myself, good grief! She has no clue that my call was to request to change to another room that does not smell of smoke. Finally I convinced her that I was not there to blame her, all I wanted was another room.
(3) When we got to the other room, I noticed that only one of the two room keys she gave me worked. I did not bother to request another key as both I and her would be more frustrated I felt.
(4) The bathroom sink faucent handle fell apart, lol.
(5) The bulb of the light by the bed did not work. I called the front desk, and the repair person did showed up within a few minute, but the person check my bathroom. I was puzzled. She said the front desk told her that my bathroom was clogged, lol. She said the front desk told her wrong orders all the time. She had to go, get a light bulb and came back. she was nice, and felt sorry that she got a run around and wasted a lot of time.
(6) The "down" push botton to call the elevator from my floor did not work, I had to push the "UP" botton, and catch the elevator up to go down to the lobby.
(7) The gym and the business center was gutted. You may want to wait till they finish the renovation if you want to use these services
(8) The wifi does not worked either. I called front desk again, and . he said several people have called and they have called for technical service. I had no internet connection the whole time I stayed at this hotel. If internet communication is important to you, you need to reconsider.
(9) There were quite a few beer bottles in the parking lot, and the lighting was poor.

Maybe I am picky, but I was quite disappointed with my stay in this hotel. I probably would NOT come back.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank stevew918
Reviewed August 29, 2010

I would never recommend this hotel to anyone staying at this hotel - at all!! We booked from the Ramada reservation line, and the pictures looked very nice on the Ramada website. But I swear....when you walk in..it looks like a 1-2 star hotel/motel! When I pay $150 per night, I expect a pretty decent (doesn't have to be 5 star quality), but I been to a lot more nicer 3 star hotels where the service, quality, rooms AND price are way better! I would never ever stay at a Ramada ever again, after seeing the conditions of the rooms. We were so disgusted, we actually checked out a few hours after checking in and went elsewhere! And also, it is very loud with a bunch of young young kids staying and partying!

a) The front staff is rude and unfriendly. They do not have any customer service skills.
b) The rooms are in horrible condition! The furniture looks like it was purchased from a motel! The beds look like they were purchased from a garage sale (they were very old and sinks in the center).
c) Costly: $150 per night for the condition of the room!?
d) It smells in the room!
e) $12 for parking (they don't tell you this until you get there)

2  Thank 0worldtraveller0
Reviewed August 23, 2010

Stayed here because of online deal (less than $100 a night plus $40 Dave and Busters card). Room was clean and clearly they have done renovations receintly, the bathroom was very nice. 5 minute walk to fallsview casino and free shuttle pass that ran every half hour to casino, cliffton hill and the falls. Service was good, not extraordinary, but no complaints. If you want to stay on a budget I would defintely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 23, 2010

I booked my room months in advance for a honeymoon trip. Upon check in I was informed that I had to pay $12.00 a day to park on the premises. The staff was extremely rude. I had booked my room for 5 days and checked out after 3 days. the rooms smelled and the cleaning staff was subpar locking themselves in the rooms while the guest was out to clean. After check out I was billed $106.88 on my credit card for charges that was not disclosed at check out. I was by far the worst accomadations that i have ever experienced it turned my honeymoon into a most horriblde experience. This place should be shut down! I would not allow my dog to stay in this place. It should be underinvestigation by what ever consumer protection agence Canada has.

1  Thank docjohnson138
Reviewed August 18, 2010

Stayed for one night with family. Got the Magic show package deal. $130. Excellent value!!! Price included 3 tickets to the Greg Frewin magic show (I've seen David Copperfield live and Greg is on the same level). $40 voucher for the Keg restaurant overlooking the Falls and shuttle bus trans for all the major stuff. The hotel isn't the Ritz but was very clean and the rooms are spacious. They charge $12 for parking but you get a pass for the shuttle buses. We asked for early check in and they wound up giving us a free upgraded room with hot tub & balcony. Staff was very friendly. Pool was clean and a comfortable temp. Wireless was a little flaky. My wife had to sit in a chair by the door to get a signal. Maybe just because we were at the end of the hall.
The only negative was the IHOP restaurant. The food was OK but WAY OVERPRICED! If you don't want to spend $20 each for breakfast then there is an all you can eat place across the street for less than $10.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank bellguy
Reviewed August 18, 2010

We had a group of teenagers on our floor partying all night and nobody answered us at the front desk, we were there 3 nights and didn't sleep the 2 first one. We ask to be moved in another section or floor, at the front desk the clerk said the group left and there will be no problem for the 2nd night, she lied.

1  Thank Bottine38