“Excellent value...except the IHOP”

Ramada Niagara Falls/Fallsview
Ranked #46 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed August 18, 2010

Stayed for one night with family. Got the Magic show package deal. $130. Excellent value!!! Price included 3 tickets to the Greg Frewin magic show (I've seen David Copperfield live and Greg is on the same level). $40 voucher for the Keg restaurant overlooking the Falls and shuttle bus trans for all the major stuff. The hotel isn't the Ritz but was very clean and the rooms are spacious. They charge $12 for parking but you get a pass for the shuttle buses. We asked for early check in and they wound up giving us a free upgraded room with hot tub & balcony. Staff was very friendly. Pool was clean and a comfortable temp. Wireless was a little flaky. My wife had to sit in a chair by the door to get a signal. Maybe just because we were at the end of the hall.
The only negative was the IHOP restaurant. The food was OK but WAY OVERPRICED! If you don't want to spend $20 each for breakfast then there is an all you can eat place across the street for less than $10.

2  Thank bellguy

Reviewed August 18, 2010

We had a group of teenagers on our floor partying all night and nobody answered us at the front desk, we were there 3 nights and didn't sleep the 2 first one. We ask to be moved in another section or floor, at the front desk the clerk said the group left and there will be no problem for the 2nd night, she lied.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bottine38
Reviewed August 14, 2010

Working on a budget, we booked a room at the Ramada in Niagara Falls on the Canadian side of the falls. The price was reasonable, the room ok but that was it. The pool was dirty and seemed to be open to anyone who walked in. There was no business center. Despite reserving the room for 4 people, the room only had 3 towels. Even the day after I called the front desk for an additional towel, which was delivered around 10pm, the room was cleaned and only 3 towels left. On the positive side, the concierge was very friendly and helpful, giving us many good ideas for places to go and things to see.

1  Thank rustyjdcs
Reviewed August 11, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for 5 days. During the stay rooms were serviced for bed sheets only. no cleaning, no vacume, no towels and no bathroon papertowels. the second day of my stay I called the front desk for bathroom papers, she said will be there in 5 minutes. an hour later called her again then she said there are other people waiting for other things to be done. at that point I got so mad and told her that my kids needed to go to the bathroom right now, her andswer still was not good enough. they charge for parking. one out of 2 elevators was not working for 2 days. They did not want to hadle my complaints.

1  Thank raed73
Reviewed August 7, 2010

My stay at this hotel was great! it provided a shuttle service, which was very useful. It is close to the falls and a great price. I was reading the other reviews on here and i just want to inform the people who complain about the $12 parking..that is a great price compared to other hotels for parking.Plus with that you get an unlimited shuttle pass! Come on people what more do you want! I have stayed at other hotels in Niagara falls and you pay for parking at EVERY hotel. I stayed at the Embassy Suites once and it was $25 for parking! So the Ramada offers a great deal to park! I will be retuning to this hotel!

Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2010

We stayed here in July, a Friday night, was pretty busy and sold out. Rooms were clean, we had a 2nd floor room, nothing fancy, 2 double beds. They have an iHop on property, pretty expensive though, overpriced. Hotel is about a 10 min walk to Clifton Hill, maybe 15-20 min walk to the Falls. They charge $12 for parking. Pool is open 24 hours which is nice. Small pool located right beside lobby though.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jeff S
Reviewed July 18, 2010

My husband and I booked two King rooms at the Ramada at Niagara Falls from 7/16-7/18/10 for ourselves and my parents. We called ahead to let the hotel know we wouldn't be arriving until about 11pm and they said that was fine. When we arrived they said they had no King rooms left - despite us having reserved 2 of them - so they "upgraded" my husband and I to a King room with a jacuzzi.

Our NON-smoking 'upgraded' room STUNK of cigarettes, like someone had chain smoked in there for days, and there were even burn marks on the toilet seat lid from cigarettes/ash - despite a non-smoking sign on the door of the room.

I am pregnant and asthmatic, and there was *no way* I was going to spend the night in a room where every fabric surface stunk of smoke, it was truly repulsive. My husband went down to reception and after getting nowhere with the front desk man, asked for the manager. It was only after we threatened to not pay for the room that the manager changed his tune from "We are fully booked" to "We have one other King room available". This room was, at least, smoke-free but was average at best. Then when we checked out, they tried to charge us almost double for the room because it had a jacuzzi!! We never requested a jacuzzi, nor did we use it. We just wanted a non-smoking, King room that wasn't on par with a shabby 2 star motel.

The photo of the Ramada Niagara Falls on the Ramada website is not even the actual hotel in Niagara Falls, it was completely misleading and the reality was very underwhelming.

Furthermore, the lock on our original hotel room door did not work - AT ALL. We found this out when a stranger walked into our room at midnight and my husband jumped up and chased them out.

This hotel was a complete dump - the worst hotel I have stayed in in many years AND they want $12 per day on top of this for parking!!!. I will never stay in another Ramada Hotel again, there are too many other reputable hotel chains with clean, quality accommodations and accurate representations of what you are actually booking.

AVOID THIS PLACE!!!