“Location is the best asset here”

Ramada Niagara Falls/Fallsview
Ranked #42 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Barrie, Canada
“Location is the best asset here”
Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

Arrival: front desk girl took a few minutes to look up and even acknowledge we were standing there. She said as few words as possible to us and spoke mostly to answer my questions and get my money.
It was a rushed trip. In my haste to pack I forgot my toothbrush etc. I asked the same girl at the front if the had any toothbrushes for guests. She said "no" and them the girl beside her corrected her. Clearly, front desk is not trained to spend enough time with guests to say, "let me look into that". We just felt dismissed anytime we needed assistance. Maybe I just had a poor customer service employee. If that's the case, Ramada needs to be more careful with whom they make the front desk attendant. They are the face of the hotel as far as I'm concerned. She did not make us feel welcome.
Our room had hair in the tub and the carpet was old and worn. We did not want to take our shoes off in the room.
The bedspread was very old with cigarette burn in it. Not the warm fuzzy feeling you want to crawl into bed with.
That being said, the location is super. Easy walk to Clifton hill and the falls. I would stay in that area again but if rather spend a bit more and say across the street at the Wyndham Garden.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed April 9, 2013

A very average hotel with some modern amenities. Rooms are updated with flat screens, but my remote was so worn it rarely worked. The bedding was rough and appeared to be from the 90's, but I've stayed in worse places. Breakfast at the IHOP downstairs was a joke, $17 for a mediocre omelet. Far from great, but not terrible... for what it is, it is very overpriced.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Maple
Reviewed April 9, 2013

A very average hotel with some modern amenities. Rooms are updated with flat screens, but my remote was so worn it rarely worked. The bedding was gruff and appeared to be from the 90's, but I've stayed in worse places. Breakfast at the IHOP downstairs was a joke, $17 for a mediocre omelet... that's not even including coffee and OJ. Far from great, but not terrible... for what it is, it is overpriced.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Waterloo, Ontario
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This hotel needs renovation. Room are standard. Hotel is big and busy. Room with city view are noisy. Go to the bar and sit in a corner where you can view the falls. that was the best part of our stay.

Room Tip: I would get a room with the view of the falls.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed here for three nights thanks to groupon. I know this hotel offers tons of discounts and deals, so look for them! it will made your awesome trip even better.
First of all, I arrived to the hotel a few hours early to check in, and they had a room ready for me! I was so excited and relieved, but the hotel was by the elevator which sucked because you can hear people coming and going. I had issues with my TV/TV remote but they were resolved asap. Sheets and pillows smelt a little chemically, but after after a long day of traveling around it was ok with me. Wifi was great, the signal was always very strong. House cleaning was also very friendly and did a great job. I did have an issue one morning when house cleaning came to my door and told me I was suppose to check out that morning, after a call to the front desk it was resolved, but needless to say, things were a little awkward. But overall, the room was clean, always warm and welcoming. and the coupons/vouchers that came with the groupon really topped the trip up. If your wondering, since I went to Niagara in February without a car, I was curious about the shuttle bus, but it was more worth it to take transit and walk, because this hotel is actually quite close to most big attractions (up to 30 min walk) and very close to bus stops.

Thank you so much for making my trip that much more amazing Ramada Niagara!!

Room Tip: Not near the elevator!!! AND don't forget to leave a tip for house keeping everyday!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Scarborough
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Overall my stay was enjoyable the location is great and i the staff members was very polite.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple