“Reasonable, decent value”

Ramada Niagara Falls/Fallsview
Ranked #43 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed May 22, 2012

Okay location,
free shuttle bus around town for guests. Rooms were large, beds were comfy. Staff were nice and polite.
Parking reasonable at $12 a night.
Rooms were a little dated and needed a more serious detail clean but this place doesn't claim to be the Marriott- where we also stayed for one night.
Only real complaint would be the cleanliness of the bathrooms- my lady was horrified at the amount of stray hairs left behind by other guests that housekeeping had overlooked.
You get what you pay for and this place is great for younger guests who aren't as fussy about
an early 90's decor or a little dust in hard to reach places.
Good hotel if you're with a larger group and want a safe, quiet location with comfy beds,

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank chambers_au3
There are newer reviews for Ramada Niagara Falls/Fallsview

Reviewed May 16, 2012

I have stayed in at least 50 different hotels in Niagara Falls and I have to say that this hotel is one of my favourites ~ especially when I factor in the PRICE ! I can often find great package deals which make this hotel a really good value. One whirlpool suite was one of my boyfriend's favorite all time rooms. The staff is always really nice and the rooms are clean and spacious with pretty good views. Also ~ to take a cab back from Fallsview casino it is only about $5. The ihop restaurant in the hotel is a joke though with outrageously overpriced food ~ on par with Keg prices. This is my newest regular place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank kimmmmmmy
Reviewed May 9, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel 4 times before and no problems...this however is the first time we have gone at this time of year and on a Saturday night and there was a big difference in the level of service.

We arrived and were given a room on the second floor, as soon as we stepped off the elevator the whole hallway smelled like smoke, we when got to our room it smelled like deodorizer that someone had used in an attempt to cover the smell of smoke, it was a non smoking room but there was an ashtray on the desk.

I went back down to the front desk and told them we couldn't stay in that room, there were 4 of us all together and my mother had bad asthma and couldn't not breathe because of the smoke smell. She said that they were sold out but they could accomodate us in a jacuzzi suite on the first floor but that it had a king and a pullout instead of two queens. I figured we could deal with the pullout for one night.

The next room was more like what I had anticipated, it was large and clean, new mattresses and even the pullout looked brand new. We didn't have anything to make up the pullout so I called down before we left for dinner and to go out for the evening to have it made up please while we were wait....arrived back at 11 pm and of course, the pullout was not made up. We had to call down and wait 15 minutes for someone to arrive, we were tired and wanted to get ready for bed, I was not impressed. The pullout was AWFUL! So uncomfortable.

We don't eat at the IHOP because of the price, we just go up the road to the Tim Horton's. Had great fun with the $60 at Dave and Buster's and used the Keg gift certificate. We will stay here again, they have great loyalty deals, but another stay like this one and will might start to avoid.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank nickiford
Reviewed May 7, 2012

We stayed here some time back as part of a deal, like many other reviewers mentioned, that included a dave&busters playcard and dinner rebate.

Location: a little further off from the falls - but they shuttle you (free) to falls and activities on teh major street there.

service: so-so. one desk to check in a whole lot of ppl .

room - not bad. bed is comfy, tv is good, washroom as per usual. clean.

value -- great for the price. They have renovations, so i assume thats part of why the price is low. If you are looking for a good deal for a 1-2 night getaway this is it. But if you want a nicer room stick to the other hotels closer to teh falls.

Oh and for those who get teh "deal" -- the D&B card is good for play. The discount at the restaurants - well, the menu prices there are higher than usual anyways (East side marios, iHOP) so $10 off doesnt work out to be that much off

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank schulich
Reviewed May 7, 2012

We stayed at the Ramada for 2 nights. Its a nice enough place to rest your head for the night. Descent room for a descent price. However, one of the reasons we chose this hotel was for the convenience of the IHOP they have in the lobby... HUGE MISTAKE! I think its a little rediculous to spen $50 for breakfast. Our two cups of regular coffee were $8. I can get that at Starbucks and it would be a whole lot better coffee. All in all a nice enough hotel for a budget, but don't spend $20 on eggs there, go down the street somewhere else for your morning meal.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Antonia C
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Stayed at the Ramada May 5-6 2012. We got a great deal through TravelZoo which included a free shuttle pass to take us to hot spots near the falls, a $60 gift card for Dave and Busters and several discounts at local restraunts. It was a really great deal.

The room we stayed in was on the first floor, surprisingly it was VERY quiet (wee expected to hear lots of noise because the hotel was full and there were several bachelor(ette) parties staying there. The room was clean. It did have a smell when we first arrived, but we turned on the air conditioner and that was solved very quickly.

The shower was hot and had fantastic pressure. The pool was the perfect temp. The beds were very comfortable. The staff were friendly and accomadating.

We did have to pay $12 to park, but we took advantage and left the car even after we checked out to go do some more touristy things.

We would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I stayed in this hotel before it was a Ramada, after Ramada took over and during the renovations, and now after the renovations were completed.

My most recent visit was by far the best. As soon as I walked in I noticed how nice and modern it looked. I mentioned this to the gentleman who checked us in and he was very appreciative of the compliment.

My wife and I checked in rather late and we were given a free room upgrade. We also had our parking fee waived. We couldn't have asked for more, except maybe a free breakfast.

The entire hotel was clean with new carpets. The room was great except for the fact there was no towel rack in the bathroom. I thought that was kind of weird. Also, the toilet wasn't dirty, but just a little old. Everything else was perfect.

By the way, I would never eat in the on-site IHOP. I had a $10 voucher, but the lowest breakfast price I saw on the menu was $16.99. There is a Tim Horton's within walking distance (5 minutes down the road) and my wife and I both ate there for less than $10. Breakfast at an IHOP should not cost $40 for 2 people.

We took advantage of the hotel shuttle once, but this hotel is a short walk to the Clifton Hill tourist area (about 20 minute walk). We only walked because we felt like we were eating too much junk while we were away from home. I would only recommend walking for the young and healthy. It's not an easy walk for young children.

On another note, the hotel offers free wireless internet, but on every stay here we could not keep a connection for longer than 5 minutes. We could keep a connection with the DoubleTree network across the street, but it was extrememly slow.

Room Tip: The Jacuzzi room has everything you need.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple