“Dishonost”

Ramada Niagara Falls/Fallsview
Ranked #43 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed November 7, 2011

Arrived after booking 3 weeks ahead of time and prepaid to find that our room was no longer available and they were fully booked. Tried to move us to the super 8 and motel 6 claiming that there rates were the same in reality motel 6 goes for 40-50 dollars a night. Ended up at a different Ramada. Called them later on that evening to find that there were many rooms available at that location and that we were moved for no reason.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
6  Thank Mark G
There are newer reviews for Ramada Niagara Falls/Fallsview

Reviewed November 7, 2011

We had a booking for November 4th, when we arrived we were told we had given them an invalid expiry date for the credit card information so they did not hold our rooms for us and were now "fully booked." Our rooms were already PREPAID since we had purchased a voucher, and the hotel could have referred to the details of that to contact us if there were any problems. They wanted us to stay at Motel 6, which was going for $44.99 a night whereas we had paid $85 for the room. They had also called Motel 6 and instructed them to tell us their rate was $85 a night which was incorrect. We refused to stay there, so instead they accommodated us in another Ramada hotel which was much further away. I checked to see if I could make a booking for that night from my cellphone and I could which proves that they were dishonest about being fully booked. To prove my speculation that they were indeed not fully booked, I made my friend call pretending to want a room for the night and the person on the phone confirmed they had availability and was asking whether we were interested in two double room, queen, or king sized rooms (we wanted two rooms). The person was duty was very unprofessional and not to mention that her lying to us and wanting to accommodate us in a room that was much LOWER quality that what we had paid for has really damaged the reputation and integrity of Ramada for me. I am never going to this hotel again. If you have purchased a voucher confirm with them the morning of your stay to insure your room is still being held for you as they might do the same thing to you. They were trying to send another 4 people to Motel 6 with us, who had all purchased vouchers.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
6  Thank Marshmellowchocolate
Reviewed November 7, 2011

We booked at the Ramada on November 4th with a Jaunt for our 5 year Anniversary.

We had also booked Saturday November 5th at the same time, but as the previous poster stated, our reservation was lost as well. Great. I was sure I had a confirmation number, but apparently it was only for the Jaunt night and our second night was never booked.

We were greeted around 7:30 Friday night by Tom at the front desk, after assuring him that I had the confirmation number he printed off the reservation and asked if it was the same number, if so it was only for the one night. Just what I want on my Anniversary after a grueling 3 hour drive from Toronto, to be told the twit who made our reservation screwed up. I am SO ready to go to another hotel on the Saturday night, Niagara Falls is jamed packed with hotels and I am sure we would not have a problem getting a room elsewhere.

Tom at this point turned from a consacending person to a generous one. He said he had upgraded us to the King suite with a whirlpool bath, balcony and a king size bed. AND after some shifting around could get us the same room on Saturday night for almost half price. After we went and checked out the room, we agreed to take it and we thanked him sincerly. He really did take a potentially crappy situation and made it so much mor special with the room we got in the end.

Ok, the room was great, the whirlpool tub fits two comfortably, the balcony has a view of the city and the Doubletree hotel. But it was still pretty cool as there is no fridge in the room and it kept our beer cold ! The bed was comfy the washroom clean and the maid staff is friendly !

The pool is on the lower level of the hotel. Take the elevator to the P level and you don’t need to cross the lobby to get there. There are several signs that say you MUST shower first. Ok, if they will install a shower I’ll do that. But there are NO showers anywhere. There are two washrooms / change rooms to the left and right of the pool door on the P level. There is also a small arcade and a gym.

I did not and will not eat at IHOP as it is outrageous to eat there. We ate breakfast at Tim Hortons around the corner the first day and Golden Griddle’s all you can eat buffet on Lundy’s Lane for $11.99 on Sunday.

If you get cupons from the hotel for TGIFriday’s or Outback steakhouse or even the Keg, they all have free Valet parking, just FYI.

We used the shuttle service which is a GREAT service I will be sure to book at any of the hotels that use it again ! Only complaint. We tried to get the 4:20 bus on Saturday, but we forgot our shuttle pass ( which you do not pay for) and as the bus got there at 4:10 I figured we had plenty of time to get our pass and come back. As soon as we walked away the bus left. We took a cab after waiting for a bit. We found out the next bus did not arrive till 4:55. Glad we did not wait. All the other busses we took that day stayed at the hotels till the time they were supposed to leave.

Overall a good experience. Would I stay again, yes, but I would confirm the day after my reservation that it was actually made. AND I would confirm again the week and day before that they STILL have our reservation on file.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 7, 2011

Got a great rate for a Saturday night, stayed with the family. Used a jaunt.ca voucher, everything worked great, just had to pay taxes and parking.The hotel is older but the rooms were clean and in good shape. The good news is because the rooms were older the rooms are also larger, easily a 1/3 bigger than new hotel rooms. Expected it to be noisy as the hotel was packed and we were just down from the elevator and the ice machine. But all in all it was pretty quiet. We were about the only guests with children, pool was small but perfect for them. Used the complimentary shuttle service, (it was great) and used up the vouchers the hotel provided. Didn't eat at IHOP, just seemed ridiculously expensive. I read a review about the door not latching properly, we did experience that, as the door was closed but I could still turn the knob from the outside without my door key. But just made sure to check it everytime we left the room. Parking was $12 that doesn't seem reasonable as the hotel is far enough from the falls that I doubt strongly they have a problem with illegal parking. But other than that we enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: I don't think I'd waste money on a falls view, as I think it's a stretch to see the fall...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 6, 2011

We arrived on Nov 5th and booked 2 months in advance, however upon arrival we were told that they no longer had our room, so they were moving us to Super 8. This isn't equivalent and is further away, but we were welcome to drive over to Ramada to use the shuttle service. They don't call you before hand...even though they had my cell number...they just wait until you arrive. They advised that they own a few hotels in the area including Super 8...funny, they own several but moved us to a lower grade facility. BEWARE, AS THEY COULD MOVE YOU.....

Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Kim M
Reviewed November 2, 2011

If you don't need a falls view or want the extra luxery of some of the newer hotels this refurbished hotel does the trick.

The rooms are nicely decorated and for the most part kept in good shape and clean. The hotel has had some growing pains - one time when we were there and the hotel was very busy due to a great deal one of the two elevators decided not to work.

The restaurant downstairs we haven't used, the deal usually given doesn't provide for a free or 2 for 1 breakfast like most other hotels do. Additionally it always seems to be open very odd hours. Luckily there is a Tim Hortons just up the road.

This hotel is easy walking distance to the Fallsview Casino and other attractions

Room Tip: We haven't had a bad one yet and have stayed here at least 5 times over the past two years, as i...
  • Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Whiteknight_013
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We arrived at the Ramada about 5.30pm after our pre organised transfer from Toronto airport. There were quite a few couples checking in at the same time. All went smooth, and we were given a room on the 4th floor over looking the main road.
The room was typical layout of two double beds, bathroom flat screen tv etc. The air con was a bit out dated under the window, which I switched off as I cant stand the noise from them. The room was not plush, but it was clean and a good size.
The bed was very comfortable and the pillows lovely!
There was a small swimmimg pool just off reception, which we didnt use. Also a restaurant which was a bit over priced.
The reception was willing to give any info required and the suttle bus stops outside the hotel.
It is only a 10min walk down to the falls, so it is in a great location with out being too expensive. Its a good place to use as a base for sight seeing and I would stay again
Down side. There wasnt a bar on site.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple