“Nice Little Hotel”

Travelodge Niagara Falls Hotel by the Falls
Ranked #45 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed September 13, 2007

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights. The hotel was in a great location, close distance to the falls (about a 5 minute walk). Bring your walking shoes, we walked everywhere, but we enjoy the excercise and preferred that.

The room was very clean - we got a queen size single bed room. Next time, I would probably get a queen size 2 bed room, as our room was tiny and I don't quite believe the beds were actually "queen" size. We have one at home and felt more confined so maybe Canada has a different "queen" that is smaller than ours.

We got great rates (from what the front desk told me, we got cheaper rates than AAA rates!). I searched every day often through the hotels website (hotwire, travelocity, hotels.com-had the best pricings), but then after I decided to book this hotels after decided to possibly use hotels.com, I logged on to the travelodge website and got better pricing DIRECT from them. Definately investigate the hotel's pricing on-line first before booking with another on-line service.

Prices for food, drinks, etc. are very expensive in this area as it is definately a "tourist attraction" area and prices in Canada were very expensive. They tax on everything and most places in the immediate area charged about $10 Canadian for a beer & wine. Change some of your money over -- they will give you Canadian back from American money for change. There is a liquor store 2 buildings down from the hotel, but we paid $16.95 (canadian) for a medium sized bottle of wine! Shoot, at home I could get a box + a bottle for that price! -- but in a pinch, we paid it.

All in all, this hotel is a good choice. I enjoyed our stay there and was happy we chose it due to location & cleanliness. No complaints... ENJOY!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PNowak

Reviewed May 5, 2007

A few comments on our stay at the Travelodge by the Falls 3/11/2007 - 3/17/2007. Where to begin? How about the staff - professional in every regard, accomodating to a fault, friendly by any measure. What a treat to be able to deal with a group of people who do everything in their power to help make your trip everything you hoped it would be. The hotel? Start with the location. Flat out best in the city! Given that my wife and I love to walk everywhere, it doesn't get better than this Travelodge. Turn left or right out the door and everything you could possibly want to do or see is within 10-15 minutes of the hotel. The Falls, the food, the shopping, the attractions are all easily accessed from this hotel. The room? What you hope for but frequently don't receive from some chain hotels. Great value, simply appointed and absolutely spotless! It was maintained in that fashion the entire week as well (many thanks to housekeeping for adding to the comfort of our stay). One other thing about this hotel that needs to be mentioned. The elevators are, without question, the fastest that we have ever encountered anywhere, ever! What a wonderful surprise, especially when you are on the 8th floor as we were. What's not to like about this hotel? Value, location, cleanliness, and a staff that is as good as it gets. My wife and I have decided to make the Travelodge by the Falls our home away from home for our future visits to Niagara Falls.

Mark & Laurie - Glassport, PA

1  Thank karnla2
Reviewed April 10, 2007

This was a very nice hotel we stay from april 2-9 great hotel just about 4 blocks from the falls and about three blocks from clifton hill entretainment, the hotel is super clean, the pool small but soooo clean, the best bet is to go on the week so you can have the hotel all for you, we went on a monday and no one use the pool or jacuzzy until thursday when the hotel started to get pack. great front desk very helpfull people working there, go to there website for the reservation is more cheaper and if you need to cancel you wont have a problem to do it. we pay an average of 54 per night the hotel has a great view of the skylon building and the cassino is a great place for the price, it is true the beds are a bit hard but i guess is a matter of taste i would of like it a bit more soft myself but my husband told they we're perfect and for the price we pay we couldn't complain :)

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank wearetheones
Reviewed March 19, 2007

My husband and I watched for sales for a good week prior to our planned escape from the kids..the deals seemed spectacular, but we waited till the last minute thinking we might find an even better deal, however this didnt happen, in fact the prices only increased . we ended up reserving a nice room from the travelodge with a jacuzzi suite for $159 on a saturday night. The room was clean, had its own heater/airconditioner and had a bit of a view of the US falls through its tinted angled window (nice effect). We were on the 7th floor right when you got off the elevator and we found parking at the front doors when we arrived. The free parking was an asset, and we never moved our car at all as everything was within walking distance of the hotel. We visited both casinos and had fun, although we ended up buying a submarine for dinner as we refused to spend $35 each to eat dinner. The hotel has a nice pool, hot tub and sauna and a restaraunt on site...however do not ask for coffee (it costs $2.50 for one crappy tasting coffee!) Be sure to bring your own cream, sugar, as the hotel provides coffee in the rooms but if you cant stand powedered cream bring your own - $2.50 would buy you a small cream!

3  Thank spudjt
Reviewed March 7, 2007

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Travelodge Hotel By the Falls from March 2-4, 2007. We booked the room through Expedia for less than $75 CAN per night.
When we arrived at the hotel, we found there to be ample parking provided at no cost by the hotel. The hotel's lobby was tidy with no frills, and check-in was very quick. We were given 2 keycards to our room on the 8th floor (of 10), and were on our way within a few minutes.
On the way to the elevator we had a quick look at the indoor pool, but it was very small so we decided not to visit. The elevator smelled like smoke, but thankfully we were on a no-smoking floor and our room didn't smell.
Our room had 2 queen beds, 2 chairs and a table, and a dresser with a tv and coffee maker. Nothing extraordinarily fancy, but very clean and well taken care of. The bathroom had a tub/shower, and was very clean in comparison to other hotels I have stayed at in the Niagara area. The carpet in the bedroom was spotless, and even the tiles in the bathroom looked well scrubbed.
Complaints: The beds were very firm, and I'll quote my boyfriend when he stated "they're a sleep number of at least 120" for those of you who are familiar with the sleep number commercials. The wind noise from outside was very loud, and prevented me from getting much sleep the first night. I went to Shoppers Drug Mart and bought Nytol for the second night.
Compliments: Housekeeping was efficient and did a good job. Additionally, although it took about 5 minutes of running the water for it to get hot, once it did it was consistantly hot and the water pressure was decent. The hotel is also in good proximity to restaurants and attractions. The Keg across the street is overpriced but good.
Check-out was as easy as check-in, and we left the hotel with no real problems. I can't comment on the restaurant as we didn't eat there, but it was never very busy. I would stay at this hotel again if I was on a lower floor and simply for a family visit.
Lastly! We have eaten at the buffet across the street before, and it is truly disgusting. I have included a picture of it, since it was part of our view from the 8th floor.

4  Thank jennitilly
Reviewed September 23, 2006

That's what we called it during our stay in late August. Trudging back up the hill from the falls, it was a welcome landmark that meant rest, LOL.

The lobby, rooms and pool were clean & quiet and the staff was friendly but unobtrusive. We ate at the attached resteraunt twice for breakfast, yes it's slightly high in price but the food was good and the waitress quick.

There is a cheap but nasty buffet across the street, we ate there once and were disgusted all day. If you are simply looking for a cheap breakfast, find a McDonald's, the buffet resteraunt is filthy.

You have to bring your own towels to the small pool at the Travelodge but it is kept very clean, as well as the spa.We were there for a long weekend and never had a problem.

There is no view of anything from this hotel but the price is right and I don't imagine many people come to the falls to stay in the hotel anyway. This hotel was perfect for our needs.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
2  Thank bean
Reviewed August 29, 2006

Stayed at the Travelodge by the Falls from August 27th to 29th. The hotel was much better than I thought it would be. The front desk staff was very, very friendly and helpful. They allowed me to pay for the stay in American and Canadian cash and were very patient in explaining the area and where I could find various stores and sights.

I stayed in a nice quiet room, which was very clean and lots of towels (a pleasant surprise). The room had all the necessities and even has wireless internet. Nice hotel for business persons on a budget and couples. There is a small pool and whirlpool, enough to get your feet wet and have a little relaxation. The price of ~$82 (US$) a night wasn't too bad considering what the better hotels in the area were charging.

The hotel is near everything and only about 10 minutes from the falls and near the entertainment area. A bit too kitschy for my jaded New Yorker personality, but not a dull moment if you love the tourist trap atmosphere.

I was impressed with Travelodge by the Falls and would recommend it to anyone looking for an inexpensive, clean and quite hotel with a wonderfully friendly staff. A+++

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled solo