My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights. The hotel was in a great location, close distance to the falls (about a 5 minute walk). Bring your walking shoes, we walked everywhere, but we enjoy the excercise and preferred that.
The room was very clean - we got a queen size single bed room. Next time, I would probably get a queen size 2 bed room, as our room was tiny and I don't quite believe the beds were actually "queen" size. We have one at home and felt more confined so maybe Canada has a different "queen" that is smaller than ours.
We got great rates (from what the front desk told me, we got cheaper rates than AAA rates!). I searched every day often through the hotels website (hotwire, travelocity, hotels.com-had the best pricings), but then after I decided to book this hotels after decided to possibly use hotels.com, I logged on to the travelodge website and got better pricing DIRECT from them. Definately investigate the hotel's pricing on-line first before booking with another on-line service.
Prices for food, drinks, etc. are very expensive in this area as it is definately a "tourist attraction" area and prices in Canada were very expensive. They tax on everything and most places in the immediate area charged about $10 Canadian for a beer & wine. Change some of your money over -- they will give you Canadian back from American money for change. There is a liquor store 2 buildings down from the hotel, but we paid $16.95 (canadian) for a medium sized bottle of wine! Shoot, at home I could get a box + a bottle for that price! -- but in a pinch, we paid it.
All in all, this hotel is a good choice. I enjoyed our stay there and was happy we chose it due to location & cleanliness. No complaints... ENJOY!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy your Niagara Falls getaway at Travelodge Hotel by the Falls. Our non-smoking hotel near the Clifton Hill Attraction Area features a Family Restaurant with every room having a fridge and microwave. Take a swim in our relaxing pool. Enjoy a relaxing soak in our hot tub or unwind after a long day of sightseeing in our sauna. Our Hotel in Niagara Falls, Ontario, offers an outdoor Wading Pool for the kids and a Sun Deck for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Travelodge Niagara Falls Hotel by the Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge By The Falls
- Travel Lodge Niagara Falls
- Travelodge Niagara Falls
- Niagara Falls Travel Lodge
- Niagara Falls Travelodge