“Nice stay for the weekend”

Travelodge Niagara Falls Hotel by the Falls
Ranked #43 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed June 16, 2008

For a weekend trip it was nice. For the price you can't complain to much, just your average clean hotel and thats all I ask for so it was good, bring your own pillows, these ones were very lumpy, and towels well a little abrasive. Overall good rooms to stay in, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank dk_viks

Reviewed May 14, 2008

Stayed one night here because of it's low price. the impression when we walked in is that the hotel seems to be renovated (lobby, elevators, hallways) and clean. Went to 3rd floor, room is average size and clean. However, the two queen beds are quite firm and uncomfortable. We woke up having a little sore neck and back after being used to having pillow top mattress at home. Indoor pool is small but adequate and theres hot tub which was decent and set at the right temperature. On the contrary, the country inn (no.1 here on TA) hot tub, was too hot for my liking. $69 is not bad for this hotel on a Friday night, but no complimentary BF (there is a cafeteria downstairs though) and parking is $8/day. If you're looking for a budget, decent and clean place this is the place to go, but I may not come back due to the firm mattresses. I can manage with it but not the wife. When you check-in make sure you present your CAA/AAA card for additional 10% discount. They don't ask you for this, you have to ask yourself. The discount literally pays for the parking fee.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank yam1976
Reviewed April 1, 2008

We booked the hotel for a guys night out. The service was good. The location was decent (a bit of a walk from either Casino Niagara or Fallsview).

We booked 3 rooms and all were nice. The only issue was in front of one of the rooms, there was a nasty smell that never went away.

Otherwise a good place to stay, and worth the money.

Be careful, there is a charge for Parking!

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 20, 2008

This hotel was very clean, accommodating and friendly! I took my 3 nieces to the hotel for a girls night out! Two of my nieces are under the age of 7 and this hotel was great for them!

The pool was clean and a perfect size for the kids! This hotel also uses salt water instead of chlorine, it was a refreshing change! We also noticed they had an outdoor wading pool (which would have been perfect); however, it was closed for the season.

The staff were very friendly, after a few minutes of arriving they called to make sure everything was ok with the room. That is great customer service!! The room was very clean, and the beds comfortable!

The location of The Travelodge Hotel By The Falls is also something to rave about! We were 5 minutes from "Clifton Hill", 10 minutes from the falls and only a few steps to a variety of restaurants and attractions. I loved it because the girls weren't too keen on walking too far to do fun stuff!

Another selling point for this hotel was the on-site restaurant, "Smitty's Family Restaurant". They have a fantastic variety, friendly staff, quick service and it was very affordable compared to some of the neighbouring restaurants.

I would highly reccommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Niagara Falls!!!!

Stayed: February 2008
Reviewed November 12, 2007

Not a bad word to say about this hotel where we stayed just one night in November. The staff was very friendly and professional and we got a call a few minutes after we entered our room asking if everything was ok (as others here have reported). Per the advice here, we didn't try the hotel restaurant or the buffet across the street. We ate at the Four Brothers Italian restaurant next door and had great experience there. This hotel is an easy 10 min walk to the Falls and a 5 min walk to the attractions on Clifton Hill.

Highly recommended if you do not need to be right on top of the falls during your stay in Niagara Falls.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed September 17, 2007

We stayed at this hotel on Saturday, September 15th and really enjoyed it. It is close enough to the main attractions at Clifton Hill, Niagara Casino and three blocks from the falls. It was very clean, the front desk were very nice and the price was outstanding. I booked the room with Travelodge directly and saved rather than booking through the normal hotel discount companies. Saturday night is usually the most expensive night in Niagara Falls wuth Friday or Sunday night being half price. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for reasonable prices.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2007

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights. The hotel was in a great location, close distance to the falls (about a 5 minute walk). Bring your walking shoes, we walked everywhere, but we enjoy the excercise and preferred that.

The room was very clean - we got a queen size single bed room. Next time, I would probably get a queen size 2 bed room, as our room was tiny and I don't quite believe the beds were actually "queen" size. We have one at home and felt more confined so maybe Canada has a different "queen" that is smaller than ours.

We got great rates (from what the front desk told me, we got cheaper rates than AAA rates!). I searched every day often through the hotels website (hotwire, travelocity, hotels.com-had the best pricings), but then after I decided to book this hotels after decided to possibly use hotels.com, I logged on to the travelodge website and got better pricing DIRECT from them. Definately investigate the hotel's pricing on-line first before booking with another on-line service.

Prices for food, drinks, etc. are very expensive in this area as it is definately a "tourist attraction" area and prices in Canada were very expensive. They tax on everything and most places in the immediate area charged about $10 Canadian for a beer & wine. Change some of your money over -- they will give you Canadian back from American money for change. There is a liquor store 2 buildings down from the hotel, but we paid $16.95 (canadian) for a medium sized bottle of wine! Shoot, at home I could get a box + a bottle for that price! -- but in a pinch, we paid it.

All in all, this hotel is a good choice. I enjoyed our stay there and was happy we chose it due to location & cleanliness. No complaints... ENJOY!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple