1,167 results
All reviews flour mill skylon tower clifton hill indoor pool third floor falls area fallsview casino niagara on the lake fireplace pets attractions imax voucher canada
Reviewed August 14, 2018

Decided to stay here for two nights with my daughter. We chose this hotel for location, and size. Found right inbetween both casinos, and all the activities that Niagara Falls has to offer. Room was spacious and clean, our room was located on the third floor and we quickly learned that the stairs outside were our friends, as the only draw back was with so many additions being added to the original structure, the elevator and hallways were not the most direct route to our room. While we were staying they had entertainment in the patio area, a lovely young woman with a guitar and good voice, this was lovely to listen too from our room.
I would definitely stay here again, as the rate for the room, its location, and ease of getting around Niagara was exactly what we were looking for. Oh and added bonus they allow pets, so good to know for next visit.

Date of stay: July 2018
Emily J, Associate Brand Ambassador at Old Stone Inn Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your fantastic review! We are so pleased that you and your daughter had a great time at the Old Stone Inn Boutique Hotel. As you mentioned, our location is very close to many of attractions you would like to try in Niagara Falls. I am sorry to hear that the elevator and hallways were not the direct to your room. However, we are glad that you were satisfied with the size and cleanliness of the room and you were happy with our live entertainment in the Courtyard! Please contact us if you need any help with your next stay at the Old Stone Inn. Moreover, If you have a dog or dogs, you know where to stay with them in Niagara Falls! We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Thank you!

Reviewed August 10, 2018 via mobile

This is our first time visiting Niagara Falls, ON and we’ve decided to bring our pup along with us. There’s only a few hotel/Inn that allows dogs and even less if you want to be walking distance to the major attractions. This property was the right fit (allows dogs & walking distance to Major attractions). I did read the reviews on this property so I have an idea on what to expect.

The PROs:
1. The Inn is located within walking distance (a good 10min - 20min) to major attractions: Skylon Tower, IMAX, Niagara Falls, Clifton Hill, Queen Victoria Park, Hornblower Cruise, Zipline to the falls, etc.
2. Walking distance to numerous dining & souvenir shops.
3. Free WiFi
4. They did give us 2 complimentary bottled water.

The CONs
1. I guess because there aren’t many places that allows pet, the pet charge fee was a high $40CAD per night. They were suppose to provide dog bowls but when we checked in, the front desk staff told us that they ran out of dog bowls.
2. The room does need some freshening up (paint & scrubbing) It’s a bit old musty smell.
3. The walls are thin. So if you’re a light sleeper bring an earplug.

The property charge for parking 19.99CAD per stay. you would have to pay for parking wherever you go regardless. We walked every where so I guess the parking fee was ok. Our experience staying at this Inn was good. If you are traveling with your pup, then yes I recommend staying at this property.

Recommendations:
1. Get the ADVENTURE PASS. It’s worth it. I purchased the Adventure Pass (classic) which covers Hornblower Cruise, The journey behind the falls, Niagara’s Furry, & White WaterWalk. Also gives you free access to the WeGo shuttle bus to take you these places!
2. A must try is the Zipline to the falls.
3. Go to Clifton Hills (this is the fun area). I would recommend getting the FUNPASS.
4. My kids recommend Tim Hortons.

Overall we had a great time in Niagara Falls, ON. Definitely well worth the trip.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank NJesus3
Emily J, Associate Brand Ambassador at Old Stone Inn Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2018

Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay. We are so pleased that the Old Stone Inn was the choice of hotel for your first-time visiting Niagara Falls! Moreover, I am glad your dog could join you for this trip as well. We do apologize that we were not able to provide a pet bowl at check in and we are sorry to hear that your room needed more attention regarding maintenance and housekeeping. I will share your valuable review with the respective departments for their attention. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon in the future!

Reviewed August 9, 2018 via mobile

As our GPS was directing us to the hotel it said we had arrived at the back of the building. It was a gravel lot and a back door. It made us very nervous. Thankfully we had driven too far to turn and had to go around and saw the entrance.

Entrance and lobby are as advertised. Very beautiful. So are the bar and restaurant.

The rooms are modern decor and nothing like the lobby.
Rooms are air conditioned but hall and elevator are not. Pool area is open to the hotel so all that humidity is through the halls. It was also August in Niagara Falls so it was humid in general.

This hotel is so close to the Falls! And Skylon. No car or bus needed.
There is a Starbucks in Skylon (I think it is probably a 3 block walk). From the back of Skylon there is a creepy and steep path through the woods to the Falls and a walk in the grass to the Ferris Wheel. It was a great location.

I would stay again.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Emily J, Associate Brand Ambassador at Old Stone Inn Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2018

Thank you for sharing your family gate way experience at the Old Stone Inn Boutique Hotel. We are very pleased to hear that you did enjoy your stay and would like to come back! As you mentioned about the ambiance of the hotel, we do have the antique and rustic style rooms in the Main Historic Building and modern style rooms in the Courtyard section. Each building has own characteristics and highlights of atmosphere. I hope you can also experience our Main Mill room for the next time! Thank you very much and feel free to contact us if you need any help for your next stay.

Reviewed August 9, 2018

Not sure what happened to this place. The lobby is beautiful and inviting. And that's it. It may have been a beautiful motel at one point but no longer is. No mini fridge no microwave no coffee pots. You get a bed, bathroom and air conditioning only in the room, The halls and elevator were sweltering. There must be 4 different types of flooring in this place, Also, parking will run you 30 a day. The sink was backed up and we had to change rooms due to the noise level of an air conditioner that didn't work. No one at the front desk knows whats going on. I requested a fan and was told they couldn't get that on the weekend. Stay at a brand name hotel.

Room tip: run to your nearest brand name hotel
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Pamela F,

We were sorry to hear that your stay at the Old Stone Inn was not perfect. In terms of fridge and microwave, guests are informed on each booking website as well as our official web page that our bedrooms do not include those amenities. However, we are sorry that you were not aware of this information. We do have ice machines on property and offer an ice bucket in each room and guest can rent a mini fridge with a surcharge. We have different type of rooms and some of them include an espresso machine. Moreover, we do offer fresh coffee in the morning in the lobby for all of our hotel guests. We do apologize for the inconvenienced caused during your stay. We hope that you will give us another chance to make your stay more enjoyable.

Reviewed August 8, 2018 via mobile

This hotel is an adequate place to stay that’s near everything one would want to see in Niagara Falls. Other reviews about this hotel that suggest that it overlooks some details or niceties are correct, however. When my friend and I arrived in our room, we noticed that one lamp did not work and that our TV did not have a remote control. I called the front desk about both of these things, and only the remote control issue was resolved. I didn’t keep calling the front desk about the broken lamp because it seemed like too much trouble. The wall-mounted toilet paper dispenser in the bathroom was broken also, but I didn’t feel like dealing with the front desk about it because I had better things to do and because I thought that housekeeping might address the issue. I should also note that there is a $10 daily facilities fee that apparently pays for the pool, towel service, and the ‘complementary’ bottles of water in each room. The hotel should really just add $10 a day to the price of each room. But it is cheaper than comparable hotels, and it’s surely nicer than nearby motels, so we put up with it all. This hotel is fine. Not great, but fine. More attention to detail and doing away with the dumb facilities fee would make this a four-star accommodation.

Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear Jon W,

Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay. We are sorry to hear that you could not fully enjoy your stay at the Old Stone Inn. Please accept my apologies for your disappointment and inconvenience caused. Guests can always contact our guest services team at the front desk with any concerns at any time. Your review will be shared with all our departments and we will improve our service to provide great guest service experience. Thank you again for your feedback.