My huband and I stayed here on a Sunday night in April for our anniversary. We were looking forward to our stay since this is our first time away from our kids in a long time and were in need of some good R&R. When we arrived we were able to get early check-in. The front desk clerk was very nice. Our room on the top (3rd) floor was very spacious and nicely updated. The bed was really comfortable and I was pleased with the amount of pillows on the bed so we both found one we liked. The tub/shower had very good water pressure and temperature. I had asked upon check-in about the pool hours and the front desk clerk told me it was from 10am-10pm. Since we figured we wouldn't have much time the next morning we tried to visit the pool that evening. That is when things took a downturn for us. We were very disappointed when got down there. The water level in the indoor pool was way below what it should be and there was debris in the bottom of the pool which may have included some sort of large dead insect and drywall that had peeled off the ceiling from around the skylight (see pictures). There were also no towels available and the hamper of wet towels still remained there the next day. The tile deck around the pool did not look clean. The whole room looked like it was lacking maintenance and it was strangely open to a main hallway with no door which I had never seen in a hotel before. My concern is that could pose a safety issue with children, speaking as a mother of youngsters. We also noticed that where there had previously been an outdoor pool was now filled in with gravel, and where there had been a hot tub was now tiled over in different tiling. We never went to the restaurant at the hotel so I cannot comment on their food and service. Other things we encountered were the ice AND Coke machine on our floor were both out of order and the signs on each of them referred you to use the ones on the 1st floor. We were told to use stairs on check-in (although we found out later there was an elevator on the other side of the building) so this was not convenient. Also the carpeting was dingy, the hallways and main entrance were dark and dim in our coming and going (aren't entrances supposed to be bright and inviting?) The peeling ceiling in the pool area was disconcerting. We could clearly see the drywall hanging and peeling from a few places in the pool atrium from our room window. on checkout I mentioned our disappointment with the pool and the front desk clerk said it had been an error by their caretaker who accidentally hit the lever to drain the pool when he was adjusting the chemicals. I wasn't sure about her story since the water level was the same the whole time we were there and didn't see any action taken at the pool and we had a first hand view. She offered no incentive.
We were happy with the proximity for walking everywhere we wanted to go. We visit the Falls quite often. We were very close for walking to Skylon tower (we take advantage of the early dinner special there and we love it!), Fallsview casino resort and Clifton Hill and the falls. This is the main reason we decided to stay here for a great jumping off point. I don't think I would stay here again unless they improved their maintenance and amenities of the hotel. If you are just looking for a great, clean comfortable room in a good location then you could consider staying here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Old Stone Inn Boutique Hotel, an exquisite three star property located in the Entertainment District on Fallsview Boulevard in Niagara Falls. This remarkable venue blends classic historic character with elegance and well-thought design.Luxury is fragrant throughout the Historic Hotel with well appointed bedrooms and dining options to spoil you. Just short distance from many international airports including Buffalo-Niagara, NY, Niagara Falls International, and Toronto Pearson Airport is wonderfully convenient yet retains a tranquil and undisturbed setting. As one of the most distinctive and truly welcoming hotels within Niagara Falls, the Old Stone Inn Boutique Hotel is the perfect choice for a weekend break, relaxing escape or exploration of Niagara's finest wine country. We take great pride in welcoming not only our guests but their fury loved ones as well. We offer pet friendly services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Agoda, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Old Stone Inn Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Stone Hotel Niagara Falls
- Old Stone Niagara Falls
- Old Stone Inn Niagara Falls