“Love the theme rooms,stayed in three so far wants to try all.”

Travelodge Hotel Niagara Falls Fallsview
Ranked #62 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed November 21, 2006

I love this hotel its great,the staff is excellent,I stayed with my friend my kid and hers,they just loved it.Whenever i am coming with my special company i choose the theme room,because it makes me feel special,and we enjoy every minute of it,it,s like a romantic getaway.
SHERYL FROM TORONTO.

• Stayed: December 2005, traveled as a couple
1  Thank balisier

Reviewed November 19, 2006

My fiance and I stayed at Michael's in mid-November over a weekend. We knew going into it that we had booked the least expensive room because we are tight on money but heard that Michael's is in walking distance to everything - we didn't plan on being in the room much, so no big deal. And the room was okay. We were in a seperate building sort of, for example we had to walk across a small driveway and into the main lobby and go in the elevator to get to the pool and jacuzzi. We were REALLY looking forward to the pool, but it was just too chilly to swim in (this is an indoor pool) ... and we'll swim in about anything! The hot tub was very nice though, but could've been hotter. Our room was decent enough; the wallpaper was peeling in some spots and the shower head was horrible. Either you got a hard steady spray (like a hose), or one that was 75% hot water and 25% cold water! The bed was a ROCK. We could sleep good for a few hours, from say, 11 pm - 4 am, but the rest of the time I was just tossing and turning. Horrible sleeping. And the bed had this footboard that had little decorations on it - but they were pretty sharp and you couldn't see them really well against the dark carpet - I ran into them and currently have big bruises on each thigh from where it hit. It was just little things like this that made the stay less enjoyable. The staff was nice, nothing amazing but definitely not bad. The best feature about the hotel is its location. Since the hotel offers free parking, we didn't drive ANYWHERE. Granted Niagara is a hilly region so you have to be prepared to really walk, but we had no problem. For the great price, I might stay there again - but during the summer, when there is more stuff to do!

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled as a couple
5  Thank cherryblossmgrl
Reviewed September 22, 2006

The room was clean, comfortable, a great location and the swimming pool was great. It was a nice place for an extended family with small children.

However, even though I requested two nonsmoking rooms, both were smoking rooms that reeked of smoke. I was told that even though I requested nonsmoking rooms, I was never guaranteed non-smoking rooms! If that is the case, why even give the customer a choice?

Since the hotel only had one other available room, I was offered that. It was also a smoking room, but had a slightly fainter odor. The hotel personnel kept harassing me to bring down the original keys, even though we were very busy trying to get our two rooms organized and our interrupted plans finalized with two small impatient children. They kept buzzing our room but leaving no message. We weren't sure what was going on!! Why didn't they just send someone up to get our key?

Our other dissatisfaction was about our request to make a reservation at a local restaurant for seven people at 7:30. We arrived at our destination on time, only to find that our reservation had been made for six at 6:30. Great hotel; bad service.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled with family
3  Thank falls2
Reviewed September 11, 2006

This Inn was very clean, comfortable, and in a very good location to be near the falls, but a little distance from all the crowds. The price was very reasonable. The swimming pool and hot tub were delightful.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
2  Thank small_towner
Reviewed September 4, 2006

Nice hotel within walking distance to the falls (bring your sneakers). We had a deluxe jetted tub room on the first floor and we were very pleased as it was our first wedding anniversary. The room was attractive and clean. Friendly, helpful staff made our stay enjoyable.

On the downside, there was some noise from the road right outside the window and there was a musty smell on our floor and room, albeit it was raining all weekend. Despite these flaws, we would definitely stay there again!!!

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JillElizabeth
Reviewed August 1, 2006

My family stayed there for two nights, and we were very impressed by the way this hotel was managed and maintained. Our room was immaculate, very quiet, stocked with everything we needed, tons of towels, and we had a balcony with the nicest view. It overlooked the gorge, and the falls were to the left. We really enjoyed the pool facilites here, which were also spotless and very attractive. The one thing I always worry about is that the beds will be uncomfortable, as myself and my husband are picky about that. We were not disappointed here! We slept like logs. All of you considering this hotel that want a place that is removed a little from the hustle and bustle, PICK THIS SPOT!

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
6  Thank rconklin
Reviewed July 24, 2006

My husband and I have just returned from a week-long break in Michael’s Inn in Niagara Falls, Canada. It was our first holiday without our kids for a considerable period of time and our first trip to Niagara Falls. We were also celebrating our anniversary. We cannot say enough about the level of hospitality and the standards as a whole during our stay at Michael’s Inn. Carl Grice (the manager) made every effort to make our stay more than we could have hoped for. We were thoroughly impressed with every aspect of our holiday; the rooms were exceptionally comfortable and clean, the pool was quiet and well -maintained, the site as a whole was very clean and the staff were excellent - friendly, welcoming and attentive. We have been recommending Michael’s Inn to all our family and friends and we hope to return soon (but with the kids). With thanks

Paul & Wanda Blakeslee