We just had a bigger family trip to Niagara Falls with 6 Adults and 2 Children under 4. We stayed for 3 nights and had 3 rooms with the Groupon Special. So it was around $280 for the Riverview and $240 for the Cityview. I was impressed with the Pool area. There was an outdoor lounge/sun area, smaller kiddie wading pool, sauna, nice large hot tub and of course the shower area. Great with kids but the pool was still fairly cold for an indoor heated pool. Also, you can walk into the pool area to access the hotel when coming down from the upper parking lot, which obviously has pros and cons. Anyone could walk in but convenient to get to your rooms rather than going all the way to the main lobby. There is a nice little restaurant/bar that serves breakfast for a cost, we didn't check it out because we like to go to the Flying Saucer! But, my hubby and his buddy went down to have a couple of drinks when they had on Game 2 of the Stanley cup series. Guys said prices were very reasonable for beers and pop!
What didn't impress me though was the the first room we had, Room 11 as well just as you come in to the second building area from the drop off by the lobby. We checked in with our family which caused a huge dilemma because we wanted to swap our cityview for my Aunt's Riverview because we didn't mind at first if we had a view. But once we entered the "basement" with a small upper window, we asked the desk if there were any cityview rooms on the same floor as our family's two rooms (The second floor). Another big dilemma and 'nothing' else available unless we paid the $20/per night Riverview Upgrade. So we caved because I wanted proximity to our family and a nicer space for the 3 nights/ 4 days. I would've been much happier if they had accommodated us into an actual city view instead of parking lot view. SOME of the ROOMS do have nice LCD Flat screens and the first did not.Lots of Cable channels to choose from when you in from a night of exploring.
I didn't really get any warm fuzzies for the Front Desk staff, all of them that we dealt with seemed to be confused, and we didn't get two sets of the 3 Groupon Coupons we were suppose to get and would've forgotten them if the first part of our family to check in hadn't gotten theirs. (Great coupon included 2 for 1 for the neighbouring Bird Kingdom, so we definitely went down to get one other coupon package. I felt like they wouldn't give us theother package we were missing because it would be too much of a hassle) The one lady was very nice and efficient and I had wished I had caught her name, she was lovely with dark hair and brown skin if that helps :D
Close to old Casino Niagara but a tricky walk over, less than 5 minutes but difficult with the border exit and no proper pedestrian cross walks. About 10 minutes to Clifton Hill at a slower pace with kids so that was nice as well.
Overall, I would stay here if the price was right, but there were a lot of groups here, and my family did put in a complaint about noise along with a few others (about 10 guys hanging out together in a room above). We went over Comic Con weekend and were surprised by the good deals for hotels still available. A great weekend but with all the hotel options make sure the price is right for this spot :D
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This hotel is just a 10-minute walk from the Canadian Horseshoe Falls and Casino Niagara. An indoor pool, hot tub, and sauna are available. All rooms have free Wi-Fi and a cable TV is provided. Michael's Inn Fallsview offers a fitness centre for guests' convenience with a 24-hour reception desk. The entertainment area of Clifton Hill is within a 10-minute walk of the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Travelodge Hotel Niagara Falls Fallsview reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Michael`s Inn By The Falls Hotel Niagara Falls
- Michaels Hotel Niagara Falls
- Niagara Falls Michaels Inn
- Michaels Hotel By The Falls
- Michaels Inn By The Falls