“Poorest experience in my life...”

Travelodge Hotel Niagara Falls Fallsview
Ranked #61 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed September 18, 2012

My family had a room booked... I even called 3 hours before our arrival to confirm our reservation and was told ok. We arrived mid-evening to see the reception desk sending several very confused foreign visitors with a baby AND a wheelchair to another hotel. Same with a poor elderly German couple who were dumbfounded that their confirmed reservation booked over 6 months before was gone. I feel badly that these people with poor understanding of the language having to make their way somewhere else at night. What a horrible opinion they must have of Canada and Niagara Falls ... Then our turn up to the desk to find out the problem ...they gave our reservations away to a bus! After bumping our luggage down chipped cement stairs and walking 5 min from parking lot to front desk... they have nothing for us. They suggested another 'sister' hotel...we drove by there -- I wouldn't store my garbage in there...run down and dirty. We drove around for an hour looking for a hotel on July 4th with a tired 5 yr old in tow as well as rest of family. Missed the fireworks.... horrible experience. Thank god for Best Western...they accomodated us nicely.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Hullabulla3

Reviewed September 18, 2012

we got this hotel with vouchers. we bought two because we have family here from Italy. we often go to niagara but I had never tried this inn. (I should have looked at the reviews) the hotel is very dingy and looks ghetto from the outside. I was horrified to drive up to it as their website didn't demonstrate what we were seeing. once inside we discovered that our vouchers really didn't cover anything not even breakfast. breakfast was 8,99 and children (all under 4) were 6,99 (they might eat half a piece of toast) anyway we hit timmys. the customer service was horrible. they all seemed annoyed to be working. they wouldn't even look up at you when you asked questions. anyway bad deal for sure. even worse than the ghetto building was the terrible customer service. my Italian family was shocked as they had heard such nice things about Canadians.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I've travelled a lot and have stayed in any star hotel you can think of. Point being, i'm really not particular. In fact, I don't do reviews and this is my first ever written. Niagara Falls, you pay a premium. Well, expect to pay less than the other hotels here but my advice is, spend some extra money and stay somewhere else. I booked myself in for a half-off special and thought I was getting a great deal. 2 Cockroaches and a smelly room later, I ended up cancelling my 2nd day and going elsewhere. Note: I was with family, my wife and 2 kids and was especially careful as I didn't want to risk any sort of beg bud bites. The staff wasn't exactly welcoming - no smile at check in or check out (and that doesnt cost anything). The Manager came out and tried to explain to me why there might be bugs in my room but that was it - something about the weather and the windows staying open. No offer to make it up to me (he seemed to be used to such complaints) and I'm not the type of person who would have asked anyways but still found his attitude strange. He explained that they JUST renovated the lobby and have plans to renovate the rooms. That means nothing to someone who just over-paid for 1 nights stay. I dont care if your hotel WILL get better - its terrible and you need to take it off the market and fix it. Stop trying to ruin peoples vacations and charging them an arm and a leg for it. If this is a night out with the boys, maybe this place isnt so bad but i know im not going back here ever.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank F M
Reviewed September 13, 2012

My wife and I went to visit the falls and see the attractions. We had a Great Room with the Jacuzzi and Fireplace. The bar setting is very nice and food was good too. Hotel staff were very friendly. The location kept us in walking distance of all attrations near the falls. Great placeto stay!

Room Tip: Don't forget your passport!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 9, 2012

The sign in the lobby said "Pardon our renovations," but if there were any, they were only in the lobby and breakfast room (breakfast not included). This is my fourth time here. While the room is clean, the the furnishings are worn and out-dated (think of your grandmother's house). The wallpaper puckers. The bathroom is small but has extremely clean grout. The water is VERY hot and the water pressure is like a firehose! Free wi-fi is provided but there is $10/day parking. The property is on the outskirts of the sights, so be prepared for a long and tiring walk (or is it because I'm getting older that the walks are longer and more tiring?). However, the price is what draws me back every time--this time we got a double room for $75.60/night with tax, minus parking.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Had no idea you had to pay for parking and then they changed the taxes on the bill 3 times. Thought what a wonderful gesture of leaving bottled water in room and could have swore it said "complimentary". "Read carefully" Found out after it was almost 4.50 a bottle! Other than that bed was comfortable.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank whyme103
Reviewed September 5, 2012

We booked this inn due to its great location for a night. It was really good the major sights was max 10 minutes by walk. The room was good, big enough for us.
The hotel seems old, (but it seemed that the lobby area was not long ago renovated) the furnitures needs replacement, but it was acceptable. We read before booking there that the fallsview rooms is not exactly has great view for the falls. But I think it could be easily seen on Google Maps as well, however I thing the hotel should describe it with partial falls view or something like this.
We ate breakfast in the hotel, and it was good (buffet style breakfast).

Altogether the hotel a bit old, but the location is great and we book at booking.com for a very reasonable price.

Room Tip: The fallsview rooms has only partial fallsview and only from the balcony.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple