“I thought the hotel was nice, I noticed the flowers out front, the management people at the desk were friendly and help.”

Travelodge Hotel Niagara Falls Fallsview
Ranked #62 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed May 3, 2011

My husband and I really liked the place, the restaurant was nice... Management fixed our television and front door know ASAP within minutes of us arriving..They even suggested we could have the next room with the King size bed. The pool was close to our room. The hotel smelled nice, lots of amenities in the rooms.... Lovely warm blankets, rooms cleaned everyday, hotel cleaning staff very pleasant and helpful...

We are going back again, loved the free parking, loved being able to walk to amusements and Clifton Hill and the main falls with minutes of the hotel... Loved the pool, hot tub and kiddie pool...The exercise room was nice but did not use it, I guess you needed a special key for that....

No cracks in our room 127 in the bathroom, everything was nice and clean.....

The McKays

Room Tip: You dont need a Fallsview, go out and walk to see!
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LuckyToron2
There are newer reviews for Travelodge Hotel Niagara Falls Fallsview

Reviewed April 26, 2011

Michaels Inn at the Falls is an awesome gem of a hotel. It is incredibly dated, and I imagine this hotel was probably at its very finest in the early 80s. If you can get past the decor, then you will find yourself in an incredibly clean hotel at a great price. My boyfriend and I decided to splurge and get a jacuzzi suite. It was well worth the extra cash. the jacuzzi was huge and had a ton of mirrors and was in the main bedroom itself. There was still a shower and bath and toilet in a separate bathroom. I liked the retro look and so I thought the decor was awesome. I didn't interact with the staff much, but they were very friendly at check in and out. Despite how the ad makes it seem, this hotel is NOT in the center of town and in the middle of the action, which I was expecting. However it was still only a very short walk to the American falls and Clifton Hill, and I liked being in a more peaceful part of town. The nicer part of town with the newer casino (ie south of Clifton Hill) is a bit of a trek from the hotel, but still no problem for an adult, but kids might struggle. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank goodknighte
Reviewed April 21, 2011

My teenage daughter and I stayed 2 nights for a dance competition. The hotel rate was reasonable compared with others, it offered free parking and it was clean; close to the falls and the competition venue. However the facility is very outdated and needing repair. The room and lobby decor was faded and worn; the bath had been refitted inexpensively with a plastic cover. The water from the taps did not seem that clean suggesting old pipes or plumbing issues and there was visible mildew in areas. The steps leading down from the parking area were crumbling. The street nearby was under construction and it seemed that many buildings nearby are in a similar state. We had difficulty sleeping due to noise from other guests - you could hear conversations in the next room and a there were a couple of noisy groups staying in the same hallway as us. We did not try the restaurant. Internet was only available in the lobby. the ice machine did not appear to work. Ironically, when I checked in, this room was offered to me for an additional $10/day from the rate I had booked and when I declined I was given a "free upgrade". I cannot imagine a more basic room so I have to assume this was justy a money grab. Over all I was disappointed and will not stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Dancemom11
Reviewed April 10, 2011

I found this hotel on Hotels.com and selected it due to its satisfaction ratings. I am pleased to mention that I was not disappointed. The rooms were clean and the area was quiet. When we woke up in the morning and went downstairs to eat, we found that the kitchen just closed. The waitress went the extra mile and asked if the cook was still available and could make two more breakfasts. We were so pleased. Her hospitality was so friendly and cheery and she seemed really happy to help us. The next morning we were served by another lady and she was equally as nice and pleasant. The front staff were so helpful and accommodating. They answered all our questions with pleasantry and never once did we feel like we were inconveniencing them. I will DEFINITELY be coming back. The off season price was right - and its located close enough that you can park and walk everywhere you need to go in Niagara. Thanks guys for the best stay in a hotel I've had in a very long time.

Room Tip: The rooms with a balcony provides more privacy.
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank ihatesushi
Reviewed March 20, 2011

You can't beat this. The hotel was very, very clean. Staff is very friendly. Cleaning staff is amazing - they even arranged my son's stuffed animals on his bed - he was thrilled when we got back to the room. The location was ideal - far enough away from the hustle and bustle of the main strip, but everything was close enough to walk to, even with a 6 year old. The pool area was fabulous. Continental breakfast was pretty good as well. We were exstatic to find out that Bird Kingdom was right across the street - I highly recommend this attraction to everyone.

If i had only 1 complaint - it would be that on Thursday morning (St. Patrick's day) there was no continental breakfast served, with little notice (there was a small sign posted in the elevator in the morning advising no continental, but that the dining room was open for breakfast). We decided we would eat in the dining room because we were hungry. When we sat down we ordered 2 glasses of apple juice, one small and one large. When the juice came, I was shocked at how extremely small the glasses were - the small was barely a mouth full, and the large was maybe 2 mouth fulls - the small was $2.75, and the large was $3.75 - $6.50 for 3 mouthfulls of apple juice is a little excessive, with no refills. We did not stay for breakfast that morning.

All in all, I was very happy with this hotel. The decor is a little dated, but, I was not concerned about the decor...if I wanted the Hilton, I would have stayed at the Hilton. I was looking for clean, friendly, safe, and cheap - and that is exaclty what I got. I will stay here again, no hesitations.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 7, 2011

We stayed for 1 night, enjoyed the walking distance to the major shopping area. Room is very clean without any stained on carpet, the bed was very comfortable, bathroom a bit of aged but acceptable. One thing recommended, the parking lot.....made us confused. Overall - GOOD!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank yeewant
Reviewed March 5, 2011

Really enjoyed our stay here. While the hotel itself is a bit old, don't be fooled; the service is still very considerate, the rooms are clean, and the location is unbeatable. The only time we had to hire a cab was to get from our stop to the actual hotel, and from there, everything was within walking distance. Clifton Hill was fun for family and singles, the Hershey store, connecting casino and mini-souvenir shops were nice time-wasters, and the light shows seemed to go on forever. Skylon Tower is also a few blocks and a small hill away (and shouldn't be missed), but everywhere is very scenic and easily directed to. The hotel was well set out with options of both large suites and single rooms, and had several pools, an arcade, a gym, and a heated jacuzzi pool (for us adults after a long day out in the snow). They have a small business center and if you have an event, they have a large enough space for it to be rented out. Breakfast is served daily, though a bit early, and you are just a block from the Rainbow Bridge and a Duty Free shop if you want to go exploring near the US side. Overall, really enjoyed my stay here, and sad to go home, but would recommend this stop to the budget travellers, family group, or even romantic couples if only for the sights and their amenities (including the most beautiful elevators, even). Enjoy!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family