8,084 results
All reviews terrapin grille great view valet parking the concierge lounge junior suite breakfast buffet higher floor tour desk incline railway per day canadian side floor room valet service table rock an upgrade whirlpool tub king bed
Reviewed January 23, 2011

I've made sure I read the negative comments before I went to the hotel. I find reading the negative comments gives me some idea of what to expect, and those that are too "giving" are not hard to impress. However, being to the Marriott makes me a complete hypocrite. The negative reviews were completely blasted out of the water at the completion of my stay. My first pointer is do your homework before you book your stay. Your dealing with a 5 star, AAA, 4 diamond luxury hotel in one of Canada's biggest tourist areas. In saying that, your going to pay a little extra for services you wouldn't normally find anywhere else. The valet, for instance, is mandatory and charges 20 dollars per day. The valet will give you a ticket with a barcode/number on it which is convenient because when you want your vehicle, you can phone the automated system and punch the number in and your vehicle will be ready in 15 minutes depending on the traffic. I don't get why people found the vallet survice such a surprise. Go to the website and easily see for yourself or phone the hotel. Secondly, the restaurant in the hotel is fantastic. I ordered the stuffed chicken breast with sundried tomatoes and feta cheese. It comes with REAL vegitables; not that frozen stuff you find in the freezer isle at the grocery store. YES, the food is expensive! but going back to the main point of it being a 4 diamond 5 star hotel, should you really be THAT surprised? I even went to T.G.I.F's down the street and they charged me an extremely high price for food you would normally find at a Kelsey's. My tip: if you want to avoid the food prices, go to a restaurant that is NOT attached to a hotel. I did the 2 night package deal and it gave me 75 dollars off my dinner at the hotel restaurant. The final bill was not THAT expensive after the deduction. When you check into the hotel and they ask you to upgrade your room to a higher floor for an extra 20 dollars a night...DO IT! I was originally going to be on the 8th floor and paid the extra 20 to be on the 19th. Having to see tree's at this level is no longer a problem. Did I mention you get a bigger room as well? The 2 night package also includes buffet breakfast each morning that you are there and it is the best breakfast I've ever had at a hotel; fresh, fast, and filling. The best part is the omlett station that lets you pick your ingredients and its made in less than 5 minutes. There is TONS to choose from: fresh friut, milk, juice, coffee, pancakes, omletts, scrambled eggs, toast, cereal, etc. Needless to say, I was full and regretting the fact i couldn't eat more. Normally the breakfast is a 42 dollar and change ordeal, but comes free with the package. I noticed complaints about not getting "body wash" in the selection of soaps usually given at hotels. If you look at the bottle, the brand of conditioner, shampoo, body lotion (moisturizer), and body soap is "bath and body works"...do you know how NON-CHEAP that stuff is! It's not like a no-name brand of soap or a name you don't recognize. I was extremely happy with this site and it smelled fantastic! I didn't end up using the shuttle pass to get to the casino. It literally is a 4 minute walk down the street; Clifton hill is about a 15-20 minute walk. Also, if you are interested in having zero line-ups to any attraction, go during the winter months. The staff at the hotel were nothing but friendly. I called one of the waiters the "satisfactory guy" because he went around to every table to make sure everyone was having a good time. Also, discover Niagara for yourself. There are tons of booklets in the main lobby for you to look at and everything is pretty well a 15 minute walk from the hotel or a few minutes drive if you want to take that rout. Avoid the tours. Since when have tours ever been 100% enjoyable. Your on a bus; wouldn't you rather be walking around and looking at the sites?! In summary, do your homework and play it smart! if you want to avoid the prices there are a thousand of cheaper places around that cost half the price in the same area. I found I spent more (not as much as some are talking about), but took in an experience that I will enjoy for a long time. My only complaint is that the Marriott in Niagara Falls will make future hotels I go to look half as good.......thanks Marriott! I can't write anymore POSITIVE comments because this review will be a novel...so I'll leave it at that! :)

2  Thank bwilcox88
Reviewed January 22, 2011

The hotel itself was OK ... the room was very nice and the view was everything promised ... fabulous ...

Came to this hotel for our honeymoon ... stayed for two days ... Wine Tour pkg ... the Wine Tour was the highlight of our stay ... our driver, Alex, made the day ... taking us to the Chamber of Commerce so that we could obtain our "Official Niagara Falls Honeymoon" certificate (which we knew nothing about) ... Alex was very informative and knowledgeable ... he made the tour ...

We went to the Terrapin Grill for dinner (had a $75 voucher included in pkg) ... what a terrible waste of money that was ... the escargots were OK ... but the Prawn Fettucini was a huge disappointment ... 6 prawns (they were delicious) ... on top of some cooked fettucini ... with some fresh, uncooked, diced tomatoes thrown on top, and some deep fried leeks thinly sliced thrown on top of that ... pretty to look at ... but definitely no taste ... no sauce ... no cheese .... no nothing ... paid over $30 for that meal ... my husband's steak was passable but definitely not worth the approx $49 we paid for it ... it cost us $170 for dinner ... had one drink each, 1/2 carafe wine and barely passable food ... terribly disappointing ... must admit the desert was delicious ...
Breakfast buffet (included in the pkg) was delicious but definitely not worth the $50 we would have been charged if it were not part of the pkg ...
I definitely would not recommend the restaurant at this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 20, 2011

We had been planning this trip to Niagara Falls for months and had studied numerous options and hundreds of reviews. Travelling with a diverse group which included an infant, teenager and my mother and arriving after 30 hours of flights from Australia and an overnight drive from New York I needed the hotel to live up to expecations and thankfully it did. We arrived at about 10am and pheww were able to check in immediately. We were in a two bedroom suite with one bedroom facing the falls and the the other facing up river. The rooms were large and clean. The view of the falls was spectacular and could not be faulted. We really tested reception and the concierge with a barrage of requests within the first hour of arrival and they responded well (requests for baby cot, towels, assistance with internet connection etc). One of the only problems was the lack of black tea in the room (although they had chamomile and green tea). I rang housekeeping thinking that this was an oversight so they refered me to room service who delivered us a pot of tea for a charge. When it arrived the lovely staff member (wish I had got her name) realised that we wanted tea bags in the room so returned with a box. Bit surprised to have to pay for internet connection but we needed it and whilst there was a problem at first a technician arrived within minutes to help. In addition to the fantastic view the breakfasts were a highlight and the staff extremely attentive. Great variety of food and table service of juice as well as tea/coffee was a nice touch. The package we had included a $75 voucher from the terrapin restaurant and I had expected this would not be available for room service but it was. With a young baby we decided to eat in the room and using the voucher the bill for a full meal for all four of us and drinks only came to around $20. the portion sizes were huge and we were so glad we decided to eat in.Costs for valet parking for the car was not cheap (I think around $30 per night) but when we needed the car they retrieved it quickly and were very adept and giving directions (even having little cards with directions to the common places to visit). We loved our three days here at Niagara (even if the snow and sub-zero temperatures were a challenge). The xmas lights display at night was another great memory. Excellent pool and spa area as well (with two spas (whirlpools) but the sauna seemed to be unable to reach a useful temperature despite leaving it for hours.Would definitely return here if back in Niagara with a family as their two day package is great value

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank ozcookie1
Reviewed January 19, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for one night and we spent ages deliberating about which hotel to choose. I am pleased to say that we had a fantastic time here. We knew about the valet parking, which is well signposted, and the valet was polite and quick. Receptionist was very helpful and immediately upgraded us to a room on the 22 floor when i told her it was my birthday - and i got a box of chocolates! We told her that we were leaving early (at 6am) and asked what time breakfast was - she said it was 7 so we knew we'd miss it - she then suggested that the kitchen would make up a box of food and drink for us to take when we left! Very thoughtful.
The room was stunning - immaculately clean, good furnishing, and of course, an incredible view. It seemed as though the falls were just there for us - an amazing sight.
We ate at the Terrapin restaurant with our voucher and i found the food excellent. We had a bottle of wine, a starter each (goats cheese for me and calamari for my husband) and a main (salad for me, pasta for my husband) and after taking the 75 dollars off it came to 60 dollars including tip. Frankly i think that's a good deal, especially with a view like that. You can eat cheaper elsewhere, but if you are only there one night why would you? The hotel staff were excellent - polite, attentive and knowledgeable. The restaurant manager came to us on arrival to confirm that our packed breakfast would be ready for 6 - we asked if we could take it at 5.30 and it was no problem.
We realised that we hadn't booked in for our flights and were able to use the business centre to check in online and print our tickets - no charge.
Shame no wi-fi in the room - come on Mariott - thats cheap!!
Checking out was fast and efficient and no issue with the car.
I wasn't expecting to be treated so well and for the hotel and food to be so good - i will never forget it.

1  Thank Julie393
Reviewed January 16, 2011

We stayed one night, the room was very clean, the valet parking was quick and they were all friendly. We checked in and out very quick, and had no issues with our reservations. The downside, our package included dinner at the hotel restaurant - food was ok, not great, the prices were ridiculously high, and the hotel doesn't have free wi - fi - they charge $10 for wi fi...

1  Thank 44isballn