“Great Hotel, Great Location”

Niagara Falls Marriott Fallsview Hotel & Spa
Ranked #7 of 127 Hotels in Niagara Falls
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed November 30, 2010

I was pleasantly surprised at how much we enjoyed staying at this hotel. The location is perfect right in the center of everything and across the street from the falls. I would stay here again and plan to for our next anniversary!!!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (7,581)

Reviewed November 20, 2010

The only thing that we were'nt happy about was that the staff at the front desk didn't tell us about the special package deals.....which we found out about on the internet before we booked in.....anyway all sorted out...hotel was very comfortable, clean and plush and to be honest if you book in on the package....you can't go wrong. In the centre of Niagra Falls, right opposite the falls and close to all shops and sights, restuarant was beautiful, staff was top class and my main concern - bathroom......was spotless. We definitely picked the right hotel

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 19, 2010

My husband and I took my inlaws to the falls for their 50th anniversary. We booked the 2 bedroom suite with the falls view. We read that the best views for the falls were on the higher floors, and were told that the suites were between floors 5 and 9. We arrived a little early but were told we can check in as soon as the last guests left. We were told if we walked to the mall and had some lunch it would be ready on our return. The rooms were ready and to our great surprise they were on the 17th floor. Great rooms, great service, very pleasant and accomadating staff. My inlaws pulled their chairs up to the windows and didn't want to leave.

Reviewed November 18, 2010

My boyfriend booked this hotel for us as a surprise on our US-Canada trip and after staying in the cheapest roadmotels for about 2.5 weeks you can imagine , it was a welcome change. We had the junior presidential suite (with jacuzzi and 'fireplace' and giant bedroom and sitting area) and two friends stayed in a standard room, they could see both falls and had a much better view (but okay, not every room can have the same view, nothing to do about that). The hotel is rather outdated and has old carpets, wallpaper and furniture which do indicated that it must have been an upscale hotel in the 80's. It was clean, but that I do not really consider that a plus (it should be the standard, right?). The rooms were very spacious (as said before : two flatscreens (not from the 80's ;)), a fake fireplace in the sitting area to create a cozy illusion (didn't really work, it was a bit too fake), really great jacuzzi for two that gave out on the room, small shower and toilet though. The bed was totally comfortable, we had 6 pillows and they asked us if we needed more.. (quite funny). Strange thing was that there was no shower gel (we had shampoo, soap and conditioner) so we couldn't use some in the Jacuzzi to bubble it up (shampoo didn't work).. too bad. The front desk people were not unfriendly but not really helpfull either. In the 'guide' we found in our room, the Spa should be open until 11pm, but upon calling we got no reply so we headed down only to find the Spa abandoned. We finally asked the front desk lady and she informed us that it closed at 6pm in low season. Okay.. then why not inform your guests in the hotel brochure? Or install an automated phonemessage so we do not have to get dressed (we just came out of the jacuzzi) and wander around the hotel to find out. The front desk lady could not take reservations for the next day and advised us to call in the morning, and I quote: 'They open at 8, but it's safer to call at nine'.. excuse me? Nevermind the Spa then, if they took their job seriously they would show up at work on time, right? (and it is pretty expensive too, 260CAD for an hour couplesmassage (and 'only' 125CAD for an hour massage for one person.. strange calculation). We then asked the front desk lady to see if the restaurant still had availability for us. (around 9pm) and much to my surprise, she answered that the restaurant had already closed as well (low season, you know..). No apology or explanation (we only got the 'low season explanation' in a (closed) restaurant downtown), let alone a hint or tip on were we could get something to eat at 9.30pm. We had to go out and keep our fingers crossed. (After trying at least 3 places (all which had 'open until midnight' signs on their door but were closed anyway), we ended up in one of the casino restaurants. It was the first thing we found that still served food, so we didn't secondguess it. We got a perfect table by the window in the empty restaurant with great view on the falls. We learned later (from our friends) that they dined in the hotel restaurant (at 7pm) and didn't have the same great view. The starbucks in the lobby was a nice touch, although more expensive than usual. On the last day they served coffee with milk that had gone sour and were a bit annoyed by us telling them that the milk wasn't good anymore (they simply did not believe us). The pool and whirlpool were great. The breakfasts served in the room were okay. the fact that we had to pay for the internet was really a turn off.. even some sleazy motels we stayed in had free WiFi! This one was the only hotel that charged extra.. the more expensive, the more they try to squeeze out of you, I guess? All in all a good hotel, but do not expect too much. I would recommend it if the price is okay, but I doubt that it will be in high season.

Reviewed November 15, 2010

Loved the view of our room, I think its the closest you can get to the falls, view wise, it is really great. I have no complain about the room its clean, they have an indoor pool, fitness centre, and spa. The free breakfast was good, no pancakes though, but its free so I guess its ok. Anyways, my only complain, is first, when we were having our breakfast, no one was serving us our coffee, there was a waiter there who knew that, instead of serving us, I heard him asked someone to serve us, then when some people sat next to us, he served them, he was being nice to them, asking them if everything is ok, this and that, he would only take one step or not even to ask us but he didnt. Then the doorman of the hotel, he talks to some people but not to all, I dont want to be racist but if your not caucasian dont expect anything from this doorman. We were waiting for our ride, so we sat in the lobby, there were another family sitting across us, he started talking to them, he even stood right in front of me, almost blocking me, as if I was not there. He was talking to the kids, he didnt even look at my daughter who is the same age. Is it me, did we have dirt on our faces or is it because we're asian, I dont know. But I have never treated like that in my entire life! I used to be a flight attendant, I know how to treat people especially in the hospitality business. Like that waiter when we had our breakfast, even if he asked someone to serve us, he should've just served, knowing how rude it would be to serve the people next to us since he is the only one who is always in that area he could've just served us.
I loved the view of our room, its was spectacular. The room was OK. I will always come back in Niagara falls, But I will never go back in this hotel. I can have the same view in a different hotel.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank bengkong11
Reviewed November 14, 2010

My wife and I stayed here for our honeymoon from October 11 through 15. The hotel is beautiful and very clean. Our room was as advertised and we were very happy with the view. The indoor pool was great and very clean. The spa was amazing. We only ate at the Terrapin Grille once but the food was delicious (very pricey like everything else in Niagara Falls) and the service was good.

The service throughout the hotel was very good, but not perfect. The valet and bellmen were good and the bell captain was very friendly and knowledgeable. Everyone in the spa was excellent.

The main complaint with the service was the front desk. Upon checking in I struck up small talk with a young French-Canadian desk agent. I told her I worked at a 4 Star 5 Diamond resort (as opposed to Fallsview Marriott's 5 Star 4 Diamond rating) and she bluntly told me that it was impossible. She argued with me that a hotel can not be 4 Star and 5 Diamond. Having worked in such a place for the last eleven years I was a bit offended that she would argue the point with me. The other indecent came about when I inquired about getting a toaster for my room. I asked the desk agent "Excuse me, what are the chances of me getting a toaster for my room?" He replied, "Zero," and walked away. Because our resort is trying to regain it's 5 star rating I know that using fragmented or one word sentences is unacceptable. Aside from the fact that the front desk was rude, they didn't seem to be very accommodating at all.

One last complaint about an otherwise excellent stay would be that Internet access is $10 per day, and even to use the business center computer to go online was $10.

Reviewed November 12, 2010

My Husband booked us this hotel for a getaway for our anniversary and it was amazing. We had a fantastic view of both falls and the room was super. The food was great (breakfast was my fav) and the service was outstanding! Just a wonderful hotel to have a vacation at!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple