“Best view but with a price”

Niagara Falls Marriott Fallsview Hotel & Spa
Ranked #6 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 28, 2007

We recently returned from a two night stay. We booked a Jr.Presidential Suite for the fabulous view. No complaints. And at night with the falls lit in different colors, we were mesmerized. The buffet breafast ($60 CND per couple per night) was extremely excessive. If we had not prepaid for the package including 2 breakfasts and one dinner, we would not have eaten at the hotel. The prices were way too high and the quality was average. And we paid $15 per night for wireless internet that rarely worked. And don't forget to add on $20 per night for parking your car. We booked a Falls Tour through the hotel which was wonderful. We didn't have to wait in any lines and everything was organized. I highly recommend the tour because you would spend half the day traveling to each place, parking the car, walking to the attraction and standing in line. We were able to avoid all of that and see the highlights in about 5 hours - Maid of the Mist, Behind the Falls, Butterfly Conservatory and much more!
Overall it is a extremely nice place to stay, just be prepared for the high price tag!

2  Thank Lark M
There are newer reviews for Niagara Falls Marriott Fallsview Hotel & Spa

Reviewed July 27, 2007

My family and I just got back from Niagara Falls, staying 3 nights at the Marriott Fallsview. The view is literally awe-inspiring--that is why you go to Niagara! Travelled with my 14, 11, and 8 year old kids, and they were mesmerized by the view as well--it's hypnotic!

The room was clean, fluffy beds, roomy bathroom, typical nice hotel room--but the view! The American dollar is a bit weak right now so the trip was more expensive than I anticipated, but other than the (outrageous) prices of food and snacks, we had a great time!

We did the obligatory Maid of the Mist--very cool and powerful experience! We also travelled to Niagara-On-The-Lake and caught the Whirlpool Jet Boat Tour--WOW!! Very exciting! Class 5 and 6 rapids on a jet-boat--very fun! Also a quaint little town to browse around.

We ate at the Terrapin Grille at the Marriott--very delish and lovely view of course. Also had supper at the Hilton (where we stayed last time, also nice) at The Watermark--exceptional food and service, and view from the top.

If I were to do it over, I'd pack more breakfast and snack-type food due to the prices of those incidentals. I'd definitely stay at the Marriott again, though.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
4  Thank scorpio5
Reviewed July 25, 2007

We had a 17th Floor Falls View room with fireplace and spa bath and could not fault this hotel. From the moment we pulled up in the entrance foyer and the parking valet (CAD$20 per day) took our car away until the moment he delivered it back to us 2 days later we had a fantastic experience here. The room was large and beautifully presented with a huge bathroom and separate toilet and shower room off it. The spa bath was double size and had windows alongside so that you could look into the bedroom. However the most remarkable thing about the room is the view of the falls from the window. The hotel is no more than 200 yards from the Horseshoe Falls and we were mesmerized by them. You could not help but stare at them whenever you re-entered the room.
Other comments on the hotel are the prices in the lobby bar. CAD$30 for 2 glasses of wine we thought was excessive.
Eating outlets are not hard to find although most are of the chain variety and not particularly to our taste. We did find a Wlofgang Puck outlet though which we would recommend.
Nothing is too far away in Niagara Falls and we would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone wanting the best view of the Falls we could imagine.

4  Thank Tam Carr
Reviewed July 25, 2007

We stayed here by using credit card points. I thought the hotel was great. Our room was very clean, and the staff was courteous and professional. We didn't take advantage of many of the amenities, but the tourist guides/concierge services were helpful.

The hotel itself is located a bit away from the 'tourist-y' area. So if you are traveling with a family and would like to go to Ripley's and the various wax museums, it is a bit of a walk. SInce it was just my wife and I, this was fine. We wanted to be removed from the families a tad.

Our room was located on the fifth floor, and offered a decent view of the falls. I would recommend a higher floor. Our view was blocked a little by the roof of the lobby. I would think that any floor above the seventh would offer better views.

The restaurant offers a buffet breakfast which was included in our room rate. If your package doesn't include this be aware, the buffet costs about 60 dollars Canadian for a couple. I expect dining to be more expensive at a hotel, but I thought this was ridiculous. There are plenty of other breakfast joints located within a block that are as good and much cheaper.

3  Thank Berkut
Reviewed July 23, 2007

This hotel was awesome. You definately get what you pay for. It was pricey but worth it. We were on the 14th floor and the view of the falls was unbelievable. The room was beautiful and the bed was sooo comfortable. I found the best price for this hotel on the hotel website. We had a package deal that included breakfast and a $75 dinner voucher at the hotel restaurant the Terrapin Grill. The dinner is the only thing I don't recommend, overpriced and very bland. If I were to use the voucher again I would use it just for appetizers and drinks-even with just that your bill will easily use up the $75 voucher. We had dinner there and our bill came to $150. I had the spinach salad-the vinaigrette had way too much vinegar in it. Then, I had the sun dried tomato and feta stuffed chicken breast-it was extremely bland with skimpy amount of feta/tomato-maybe a tablespoon of filling. The breakfast was great, lots of fresh fruit, pastries, potatoes, omelette bar, etc. The service is excellent. I would definately go back.

2  Thank wmegowan
Reviewed July 23, 2007

I have stayed here twice, first in May 2007 with my husband, and then by myself for a weekend alone. Both times, I booked fallsview rooms with the huge jacuzzi tub.

The view is incredible-it is the closest hotel to the falls. While the rooms are somewhat small, they were fine for 1 or 2-there are larger rooms available for families.

The jacuzzi is gigantic. The minibar selections are not that great, but that wasn't an issue. On my second stay, I did have issues with the TV-some cable channels had poor reception, and there was kind of a buzz in the background on all channels. The cable issue should be worked out soon, and they credited me a movie.

I had spa services on both visits and they were wonderful.

All the hotels with views of the falls are expensive, and this is no exception. I feel they are overpriced, but, comparing prices on the internet, the Marriott is competitive. You can easily walk to the Casino and other attractions.

2  Thank Neurogirl
Reviewed July 15, 2007

Average prices, nice hotel, AMAZING views...the packages are kind of a ripoff but almost everything is in tourist areas anyways.

This was my second time going there, i love niagara falls, close to everything, everyone was very nice, perfect check in/check out.. no problems whatsoever.

The first time i went we went for a banquet, everyone was very nice, and helpful (and made really yummy drinks!) I'd reccomend this for a wedding reception....a romantic getaway... or a nice stay while on vacation.

#2 in my books! (sheraton is my number one because of their extremely comfortable beds)

4  Thank michellefromontario