“Fantastic View!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Ohio
“Fantastic View!”
Reviewed July 27, 2007

My family and I just got back from Niagara Falls, staying 3 nights at the Marriott Fallsview. The view is literally awe-inspiring--that is why you go to Niagara! Travelled with my 14, 11, and 8 year old kids, and they were mesmerized by the view as well--it's hypnotic!

The room was clean, fluffy beds, roomy bathroom, typical nice hotel room--but the view! The American dollar is a bit weak right now so the trip was more expensive than I anticipated, but other than the (outrageous) prices of food and snacks, we had a great time!

We did the obligatory Maid of the Mist--very cool and powerful experience! We also travelled to Niagara-On-The-Lake and caught the Whirlpool Jet Boat Tour--WOW!! Very exciting! Class 5 and 6 rapids on a jet-boat--very fun! Also a quaint little town to browse around.

We ate at the Terrapin Grille at the Marriott--very delish and lovely view of course. Also had supper at the Hilton (where we stayed last time, also nice) at The Watermark--exceptional food and service, and view from the top.

If I were to do it over, I'd pack more breakfast and snack-type food due to the prices of those incidentals. I'd definitely stay at the Marriott again, though.

• Liked — the view
  • Disliked — price--it was a fabulous view but the room was very expensive--about $300/night with taxes etc!
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
4 Thank scorpio5

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,352)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 25, 2007

We had a 17th Floor Falls View room with fireplace and spa bath and could not fault this hotel. From the moment we pulled up in the entrance foyer and the parking valet (CAD$20 per day) took our car away until the moment he delivered it back to us 2 days later we had a fantastic experience here. The room was large and beautifully presented with a huge bathroom and separate toilet and shower room off it. The spa bath was double size and had windows alongside so that you could look into the bedroom. However the most remarkable thing about the room is the view of the falls from the window. The hotel is no more than 200 yards from the Horseshoe Falls and we were mesmerized by them. You could not help but stare at them whenever you re-entered the room.
Other comments on the hotel are the prices in the lobby bar. CAD$30 for 2 glasses of wine we thought was excessive.
Eating outlets are not hard to find although most are of the chain variety and not particularly to our taste. We did find a Wlofgang Puck outlet though which we would recommend.
Nothing is too far away in Niagara Falls and we would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone wanting the best view of the Falls we could imagine.

• Liked — The view
  • Disliked — Bar prices
4 Thank Tam Carr
Pleasant Ridge, Michigan
Reviewed July 25, 2007

We stayed here by using credit card points. I thought the hotel was great. Our room was very clean, and the staff was courteous and professional. We didn't take advantage of many of the amenities, but the tourist guides/concierge services were helpful.

The hotel itself is located a bit away from the 'tourist-y' area. So if you are traveling with a family and would like to go to Ripley's and the various wax museums, it is a bit of a walk. SInce it was just my wife and I, this was fine. We wanted to be removed from the families a tad.

Our room was located on the fifth floor, and offered a decent view of the falls. I would recommend a higher floor. Our view was blocked a little by the roof of the lobby. I would think that any floor above the seventh would offer better views.

The restaurant offers a buffet breakfast which was included in our room rate. If your package doesn't include this be aware, the buffet costs about 60 dollars Canadian for a couple. I expect dining to be more expensive at a hotel, but I thought this was ridiculous. There are plenty of other breakfast joints located within a block that are as good and much cheaper.

• Liked — The Views of the Canadian Falls
  • Disliked — Pricey Breakfast
3 Thank Berkut
Reviewed July 23, 2007

This hotel was awesome. You definately get what you pay for. It was pricey but worth it. We were on the 14th floor and the view of the falls was unbelievable. The room was beautiful and the bed was sooo comfortable. I found the best price for this hotel on the hotel website. We had a package deal that included breakfast and a $75 dinner voucher at the hotel restaurant the Terrapin Grill. The dinner is the only thing I don't recommend, overpriced and very bland. If I were to use the voucher again I would use it just for appetizers and drinks-even with just that your bill will easily use up the $75 voucher. We had dinner there and our bill came to $150. I had the spinach salad-the vinaigrette had way too much vinegar in it. Then, I had the sun dried tomato and feta stuffed chicken breast-it was extremely bland with skimpy amount of feta/tomato-maybe a tablespoon of filling. The breakfast was great, lots of fresh fruit, pastries, potatoes, omelette bar, etc. The service is excellent. I would definately go back.

• Liked — the view from our room and they let us check in at 8am because our room was ready, even though we thought we would just check in our bags
  • Disliked — the ridiculous price for items in the guest basket in our room (like $5 for a mini can of pringles)
2 Thank wmegowan
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed July 23, 2007

I have stayed here twice, first in May 2007 with my husband, and then by myself for a weekend alone. Both times, I booked fallsview rooms with the huge jacuzzi tub.

The view is incredible-it is the closest hotel to the falls. While the rooms are somewhat small, they were fine for 1 or 2-there are larger rooms available for families.

The jacuzzi is gigantic. The minibar selections are not that great, but that wasn't an issue. On my second stay, I did have issues with the TV-some cable channels had poor reception, and there was kind of a buzz in the background on all channels. The cable issue should be worked out soon, and they credited me a movie.

I had spa services on both visits and they were wonderful.

All the hotels with views of the falls are expensive, and this is no exception. I feel they are overpriced, but, comparing prices on the internet, the Marriott is competitive. You can easily walk to the Casino and other attractions.

• Liked — The location and view of Niagara Falls.
  • Disliked — Too pricey, but par for this area.
2 Thank Neurogirl
ontario
Reviewed July 15, 2007

Average prices, nice hotel, AMAZING views...the packages are kind of a ripoff but almost everything is in tourist areas anyways.

This was my second time going there, i love niagara falls, close to everything, everyone was very nice, perfect check in/check out.. no problems whatsoever.

The first time i went we went for a banquet, everyone was very nice, and helpful (and made really yummy drinks!) I'd reccomend this for a wedding reception....a romantic getaway... or a nice stay while on vacation.

#2 in my books! (sheraton is my number one because of their extremely comfortable beds)

• Liked — the views
  • Disliked — nothing!
4 Thank michellefromontario
West Buxton, Maine
Reviewed July 13, 2007

This was by far one of the nicest hotels i have ever stayed in. The view on the falls are unbeatable, and the staff at the hotel was extremely nice. The room my wife and i stayed in had a Fire place (fake), and a whirlpool bath, with a queen size bed. The reason i didn't give the hotel an excellent review was because; if you are from the USA and rely on a Debit/ Visa checkcard for all your purchases, you better bring enough cash to pay for the room in full because you cannot use it, even if you reserved the room on the same card. Second, make sure you bring hygene supplies cause at this hotel, you have to purchase them from your room. Finally, I would recommend getting the package deals offered, because if you buy your meals straight out of pocket it will get very expensive. (EX: $80.00)

All in all, this hotel and location was very nice, and i would highly recommend it if you want great service , and specatular views of the falls. I plan on revisiting again in the near future...

MIKE

• Liked — The view of Niagara Fall, and whirlpool bath.
  • Disliked — Expensive
7 Thank dep90