“niagra spruced up”

Niagara Falls Marriott Fallsview Hotel & Spa
Ranked #6 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 29, 2007

the last time i was in niagra falls was about 5 years ago and since then theres been alot of new construction and the marriot is one of them.
i was so pleasantly surprised to enter the room,it was very clean and pleasant to the eye.we had a big tub which had lights above that were on a dimmer switch.nice touch.
we had an amazing view of the falls and the hotel is situated right in front of the cable car which takes you directly to the visitors center.
my only slightly negative comment would be about the pool.the chlorine was so strong that we could'nt stay in for long and our skin itched and eyes stung for a good 2 days after,not too fun.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family
4  Thank cabnyc

Reviewed May 27, 2007

My partner and I stopped at the Marriott for 1 night whilst visiting the Falls and considering the comments below we were a little disappointed.

At check-in the night manager and his team were too busy watching a hockey game on TV to notice we had arrived.

When booking direct with the hotel we had requested a high room to get a full view of the falls. When we arrived (at 11.30pm) we were given a room on the 5th floor (that's the lowest floor available) and right next door to the lifts - when we looked out we could barely see the falls.

As we had flown into Toronto airport and then driven straight to Niagra we wanted something to eat. We called the Desk and were advised that none of the hotel restaurants were open and room service had now finished.

In the morning we ate breakfast in the restaurant, which also though not unpleasant was way over-priced.

All in all I think that this hotel is reliant upon the fact that it is right next door to the Falls and therefore over-charges, and provides a poor service to it's guests.

I wouldn't stop again!

4  Thank Biggin
Reviewed May 20, 2007

We stayed here for two nights for my boyfriend's 40th birthday. We purchased the two night package. Everything about this hotel was wonderful. The rooms were spotless; the staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. We had a falls view room with a whirlpool bath. The view was amazing! This hotel is in a great location, five minutes walking from the falls and very close to the casino and the main strip. There are excellent restaurants very close by. We tried Copacabana's across the street, awesome! They had great Brazilian food and entertainment. We received two breakfast vouchers for the hotel buffet and used them both mornings. The food and service was excellent. The only negative was that you cannot buy a beverage out of the vending machines without a hotel token. The tokens were $3.00 each! Also, the mini bar and snacks in the room were way overpriced, more so then other hotels. The wine was in a tiny bottle and cost $24.00. Bring your own alcohol or walk all the way to the end of the street (about 15 minutes walking) for the liquor store. We did not try the restaurant for any meal other then breakfast though so I cannot comment on their dinners. If you are looking for a hotel in Niagara Falls for a special occasion, the Marriott Fallsview is the place to stay!

2  Thank GinaMDi
Reviewed May 20, 2007

Stayed at Marriott Fallsview off-season and had an excellent experience. Room was clean, well appointed, and room service was excellent. I would recommend this hotel over the others in the Niagara Falls area and I would stay here again in a heartbeat!!

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank goo0325
Reviewed May 19, 2007

Just got back from taking a quick 2-3 day jaunt to Niagara for the weekend. Thanks to all who write reviews and I pretty much do everything based on reviews. So in the spirit of giving back, here goes.

- Reviews are dead on. This is a nice hotel with great rooms. We booked directly off their web site and got the spa room with falls view. They didn't say anything when we checked in, but we ended up on the 15th floor in the spa room with a fireplace. Not sure what the
difference was, but the room was geat. The fireplace is a total joke,
totally fake and heatless, they might as well have a tv channel
that shows it.
- Great things about our room were the beds, the shower, and the view. Great view which is pretty much the reason you're there.
- It is said many times elsewhere, but this place is a total price gouging nightmare. At least I knew it going in though, we did a room service breakfast the first morning and the total tab was $80 canadian. Did the hotel restaurant the next morning and it was $60. Ouch.
- The place was exactly as the reviews said and I have zero gripe with the hotel. I recommend it. However, now that I've been there and if I were to do it over again I would probably stay at the Embassy Suites, mainly for the free breakfast. Or at the fallsview casino which seemed to be a little more central to places we walked to. I don't know if those are good hotels and price, but I would look there.
- Best things about the weekend: the falls obviously, cave of the winds (my wife's favorite even over Maid of Mist), the U.S. Side of the falls, and cruising down into wine country and stopping at a nice orchard along the way.
- Not So Much: Journey behind the falls - waste of time. My wife wasn't as impressed with Maid of the Mist but I'm fine with it. We also did the jetboats which were cool and worth doing, but for adventure junkies who raft these waters a lot it was a letdown (ignore us, we're weird).

4  Thank olozbal
Reviewed May 18, 2007

My husband and I stayed at the Marriott Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel for 4 wonderful nights to celebrate his forthcoming 40th! It was a decision we did not regret!!!

The room was very impressive and large (although decor perhaps slightly dated and not to our taste), we had booked a Junior Presidential Suite with double Whirlpool Bath and the view over the Falls was totally amazing. We had a great view from our 17th floor room!

We did not dine in the hotel so can't comment on food or service but I'm sure it would have been fine, we were spoiled for choice with the huge selection of restaurants within walking distance.

Tip...avoid the Skylon tower revolving dining room if you suffer from motion sickness, I booked this as a special dinner for my husband and I think I ruined the moment as I couldn't cope with the revolving restaurant!!!!! If you don't suffer from motion sickness it is highly recommended as superb views and fantastic food and service!

If you are going soon, you will have a fantastic time, I know we will go back as there is so much to see and do and we would probably stay at the same hotel. Enjoy :-)

1  Thank MCWILLIAMSUK
Reviewed May 17, 2007

We spent our 25th anniversary here and thought the place was outstanding. We took the two night package with breakfasts and the $75 voucher. After reading other reviews I was expecting to be hit with massive taxes but didn't find this to be the case. The breakfasts were good and the meal we had was fabulous. Incidentally, we mentioned it was our 25th anniversary to the waitress and got a free dessert complete with chocolate written decoration. With regard to the parking, I'd like to see anyone get valet parking in London for £20 for two nights! Of course mini bar prices were a rip off, but aren't they in every hotel you've ever stayed at? Just make sure you bring your own bottle of champagne and any snacks you want and you'll have a great time. All the facilities were great (pool, steam room etc), spotlessly clean and check in was a breeze. Didn't bother with their tour just sorted ourselves out and had a great time. Only thing that caught us out a bit was ice in the river means that the boats stay on the land!

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple