“Relax in your room and enjoy the show”

Niagara Falls Marriott Fallsview Hotel & Spa
Ranked #6 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
GreenLeadersBronze level
Columbus, Ohio
“Relax in your room and enjoy the show”
Reviewed October 31, 2009

We had a Priceline deal here with a room on the top floor (23rd), closest end to the Horseshoe falls- a real bargain at half the cost of the regular fee. I think we were upgraded because the husband showed his Marriott rewards card he has with business travel. Wow, great view. Huge room with lots of luxury like most Marriott hotels but this seemed even nicer with personal booklights over the bed and a separate seating area next to the picture window. Convenient to restaurants, casino, shopping and the Falls using the adjoining walkway. The staff was friendly and efficient.

1 Thank wanderlass

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,421)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Boston, MA
Reviewed October 28, 2009

My husband and I stayed here last year when we got engaged. We returned again this year for our anniversary. Both times we looked at all of the hotels in the area but this one just stands out. The price is reasonable, the staff are very friendly and the beds are comfy. We have stayed in the Jacuzzi rooms both times. The 2 person tub is in the bathroom and the bathroom is very large. The bathroom has cute shutters that open to the main room and you can see out the window (can't quite see the falls from the Jacuzzi, just because you are too far back from the window).

Parking is $22 valet, you can come and go as often as you want. They also have wireless in the rooms, it costs about $10/day.

2 Thank meghan_os
Hamilton
Reviewed October 27, 2009

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Marriott Fallsview on October 25, 2009. We booked a great package through Travelzoo which included $75 for dinner at the Terrapin Restaurant and $44 for breakfast at the Terrapin.

I'll start off wih the good:

Great sized room, very comfortable beds and great view from the 19th floor. If you can, splurge and get the fallsview upper rooms, you won't be sorry. The service was quick, efficient and friendly. You have to pay $20 for the valet parking but thats pretty standard at the fallsview hotels. When dropping off and picking up your car they are very cordial and quick. The location of this hotel is minutes away from the casino and other restaurants and about a 20-25 minute walk from Clifton Hill where all the rides are. Good sized bathroom and generally very good soundproofing from the other rooms.

The bad:

The only bad thing I have to say about the room was the fireplace that came in this upgraded room. Skip this option as its merely decorative, puts out no head and looks like something you'd pick up from the local Canadian Tire. Very cheap looking and utterly useless.

The last point I will make is unless you are staying at this hotel on a package deal, skip the Terrapin Restaurant that is in the hotel. EXTREMELY expensive, even for a tourist location. The decor is very nice with a good view of the falls and very attentive service. We ordered a delicous spinach salad with walnuts, pears and a vinagrette dressing. For our entree we had an unseemingly bland stuffed chicken with rosotto and steamed vegtitables and 2 Pepsis. The bill came to just over $100. Thank-god for that $75 food voucher. Save yourself $30-$40 and go to an Outback or TGIF next door for equlivalent food. The breakfast was a regular buffet with eggs, cereal, bacon and an omlet station. The problem is $44 for bacon and eggs and some fruit????? There was a restaurant a block down that a $6.99 breakfast buffet with the same kind of menu.

So it was a wonderul hotel but pass on the Terrapin restaurant.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Trugentleman
Yerevan
Reviewed October 22, 2009

Niagara Falls cannot be topped. It was the greatest travel experience I have ever had in my life. I am sad to say that I had to leave. The Marriott Niagara Falls is the nicest hotel I have ever stayed in. My girlfriend and I both agree that we have to return and soon. The hotel has an amazing view, and was close to everything in the area. We could easily walk to the Casino, Maid of the Mist, and Journey Behind the Falls. The service the hotel offers is amazing. From the moment we stepped out of the car to the moment we took our last step off the property everyone always had a smile and politely greeted us like old friends. Dinner was some of the most amazing food I have ever had in my life. The Sea bass was absolutely delicious. It was so good I had it two nights in a row. To top off the night as we relaxed in the room the fireworks display began. Not only were the fireworks amazing we also had a great view of the illumination of Niagara Falls.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Steven_Smalls
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed October 21, 2009

excellent hotel, i loved it, i didnt like the pillows, super nice mattress, to loud in am time, clean & nice, polite workers, excellent service, weird smell from boilers (front desk said)...expensive water $9.99...loved the jacuzzi & fireplace..but the room was pretty small...

Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank andreachiquita7
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed October 19, 2009

I researched a LOT of other hotels (both on the American side and the Canadian side) before our weekend getaway and am totally convinced that the Marriott Fallsview is the best hotel choice. We booked the Weekend Getaway with the two Queen-sized beds, $75 voucher for dinner and breakfast buffet vouchers for each day. I almost booked our stay at the Sheraton, but am so glad that I didn't after seeing that the Sheraton doesn't have a great location in regards to the Falls.

The valets and are very nice, check-in was a breeze, and they gave us a room on the 8th floor when we requested one on 7 or higher. We had room 821 and the view was soooo amazing. We didn't watch TV once during the whole weekend because we would just sit and look outside the window when we were in the room. The sunrise view is spectacular. I would have loved it if there were two armchairs in the room though. Only having one is not great if more than one person stays in the room.

The beds are super comfortable. The shower has great water pressure. The bath products are from Bath & Body Works and smell delicious. The minibar is funny... $25 for a tiny bottle of wine. Yeah, not gonna do that. But it is a nice option, I guess. The in-room safe was a great feature used to secure our Passports when we were out.

I booked a massage in the Spa at the last minute and it was better than words can describe. I had the 60 minute, detoxifying, citrus Aromatherapy massage. I *highly* recommend it.

The pool and fitness room are a little on the small side, but the steam room and sauna were reallly nice. It was kind of annoying though that there were about six small children at the pool at 10:30 PM splashing up a storm. I'd have liked to have a nice, calm swim at that time of night. That isn't the hotel's fault, but maybe there could have been a cutoff hour for small children.

The breakfast buffet was really good, but the scrambled eggs didn't seem fully cooked on either day. Otherwise, the food and service were excellent!

The dinner was excellent, also. Our server, Sara, accomodated my special request to add veggies to my pasta and shrimp. :) My husband said that his filet was the best that he'd ever had. It is definitely pricey though - even with the $75 voucher. We ended up paying $80 on top of the $75 and we each only had one drink, no appetizers, and no desserts. The taxes are pretty ridiculous though. Count on paying a lot of extra taxes on top of every bill. It is worth it though.

One negative review... the shuttle service to the old Casino needs to be better scheduled. They say that it comes every half hour on the hour, but we missed the first one because it was about 10 minutes early. On the way back they are supposed to come at quarter-past and quarter-til every hour. We missed one again because it came early or it never showed up. Both times, we ended up having to stand outside in the cold and weren't too happy about that.

Overall, I think that this is the best hotel in the Falls area and would highly recommend it to anyone and hope to go back again someday in the future.

1 Thank Dreamalot
Arizona
Reviewed October 16, 2009

We stayed here for one night and had a great time. We had a little difficulty finding the hotel as the directions on Marriott's site were a little outdated (a road name was changed). After finding the hotel and checking in we were pleasantly suprised at the room itself and the view.
We booked a package that included a king room with jacuzzi tub and a view. It was really nice. The package also included $20 in casino chips, a $75 dinner voucher and two breakfast buffets. I originally booked a room only, then later found the package and Marriott changed my reservation with no questions or problems.
The food at the restaurant was AMAZING, but pricey. Even with the voucher, we still spent $80 (including one beer).
The walk to the activities at the falls was short and we couldn't have asked for a better location!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple