“Spectacular View”

Niagara Falls Marriott Fallsview Hotel & Spa
Ranked #6 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 3, 2005

I booked the 2-night package with Standard room Full Fallsview from the Marriott Website. That includes 2 mornings of breakfast, 1 evening Fallsview Dinner for two, and Shuttles.

Ok! My husband and I drove all the way down from Montreal to Niagara Falls on the Quebec Day holiday (June 24,2005). We took off at around 11am. We hit Toronto at around 4pm, and we were stuck in traffic for almost 2 hours. So it was almost 7pm when we arrive the hotel.

First when we arrive to the Marriott FallsView, we almost had no choice but to valet the car key to the parking guy. I had to rush packing up my loose baggages in the car on spot. So I warn you to pack all your stuff properly before you hit the hotel.

The Check-in:
When I hit the front desk, right away the guy was trying to convince me to pay $50+ per night to upgrade from the 7th floor to the 20th+ floor for a better view. So $100+ in total for my 2-night package. I refused because that had exceeded my budge, plus I was already paying $299 per night. At that point I felt a bit of pressure from that guy. I wonder if they get commission by having the guests to upgrade their room. Not too happy with him.

The Hotel Room:
My husband and I were amazed by the spectacular view when we entered the room. The 7th floor was actually good enough for the full fallsview. We could see both of the American and the Canadian falls very well + the fireworks at night.

The quality of the room is 5 stars. Very clean smells good, A/C and heat were both functioning, very comfortable foam mattress, good quality bedding, feather pillows, enough hangers in the closet for 2, plenty of soaps, in-room safe...etc. The only problem was that the little fridge was locked with some beverages + alcohol inside with price list. If you want to use it just to cool your own drink, you have to get the key from the front desk. Luckily, we brought our cooler with us to the room, and there is ice machine on the floor. So we didn't bother to use that fridge.

There were also a basket of snacks on the desk, and of course with a price list. We were not so tempted by it because the snacks in it seem to be there for a while. Especially the M&Ms, looked like it had been squeezed/abused in many occasions...

The Food:
The "Fallsview Dinner for two" in the 2 night package was actually a $75 voucher. I'm glad that I read the review here before the trip, so we used it for room service like the other people did. And we enjoyed it a lot.
The buffet breakfast was good as expected for a 5-star hotel. Everything seemed very fresh and well made; it also has the order to cook omelet and eggs. We enjoyed our breakfast there a lot.

The Shuttle:
The shuttle bus came every 30 minutes, not bad. It stops at the Falls, the new Casino, and Clifton Hill. So we didn't use our car at all during the 2 days at Marriott.

The Check-Out:
We used the Express checkout from the TV menu as suggested on the invoice. That was really convenient and no need to line up at the front desk!

I'm so glad that I read the review here before I go. Otherwise, I would had been very upset about the $20/day valet parking that they only tell you after you valet your key; and the what so called "Fallsview Dinner for two" was just a $75 voucher. Overall, we were satisfied with this hotel.

Stayed: June 2005
21  Thank ah4
There are newer reviews for Niagara Falls Marriott Fallsview Hotel & Spa

Reviewed July 3, 2005

We booked this on the internet for 169 a night ! We had booked a fallsview room on floors 3-7 and ended up with one on the 18th floor! The view was out of this world - although the rooms were not overally big - i think you pay for the view!

Only issue i had was the pool - its unsupervised and as it was just me and my partner we wanted to enjoy relaxing swims - a lot of families and kids were staying and did not follow the rules that kids should not be in the pool unsupervised - on various occasions they were running riot in the pool and the gym - it was difficult to enjoy a peaceful swim!

Parking i feel is a major rip off though - $20 a night! We ended up using a carpark right opposite the hotel and paid $10 a night!!! :-)

10  Thank dm1313
Reviewed June 28, 2005

We booked the "Rejuvenating Spa Package" for two nights and loved it. When we checked in, we were offered an upgrade to a Whirlpool Suite for an additional $20.00 per night, which we gladly accepted. When we walked into our room, however, we noticed that it had only been partially cleaned (crushed cashews on the floor, glasses not replaced, etc.) and I immediately called the front desk to express my disappointment. Not only did they move us into an even larger room down the hall, but they also removed the $20.00 per night upgrade fee. Obviously, we were more than pleased with their response and it only reaffirms my faith in Marriott as a professional, service-oriented hotel. As everyone here has written, the view of the falls is absolutely surreal and the entire staff goes out of their way to be friendly and helpful. Breakfast is the typical Marriott buffet with omelet station – very good but nothing out of the ordinary. We used our $75.00 dinner certificate for room service (bacon cheeseburger w/fries, Caesar salad, shrimp cocktail) and owed $12.50 over the total. Remember that a 20% gratuity is automatically added so no need to tip beyond that. The indoor pool was nice enough and there are two whirlpools in that area that one can use. My wife was very impressed with the spa and said that her hour-long aromatherapy massage was excellent. The shuttle was very crowded (especially in the evening) so we decided to pay a few dollars to use the incline, which can be accessed from the back of the hotel. My only complaint is the outrageous fees for small incidentals: $3.00 for the vending machines, $5.50 for five minutes of internet use in the Business Center, etc., but I guess that comes with the territory. All in all, it was a terrific experience and we will definitely stay here again when we visit Niagara Falls in future.

7  Thank Grotheur
Reviewed June 27, 2005

We love the Marriotts, never stayed in a bad one yet and this hotel is no exception.
We booked a 2nt package which included a Jnr Presidential Suite, two breakfasts and one dinner voucher.
And of course 'That View'. Our suite was beautiful on the 10th floor with a magnificent view of the falls. Very well equipped with large bedroom double spa bath and a very comfortable lounge area with the view!

We entertained friends in the restaurant for dinner and the service and food was excellent complimented by a very good bottle of the local wine.
Breakfast was equally as good with a buffet offering everything you could possibly want.
The hotel shuttle got us around Niagara and was a welcome change from driving.
Not cheap, but well worth what we paid- even the valet parking at $20 a day!

1  Thank TEEMILL
A TripAdvisor Member
San Jose, CA
Reviewed June 23, 2005

We checked in the hotel at around 6:00 PM. If you want a nicer room than your reservation, check in a little bit late. They will try to offer you an upgrade but do not take it. They asked us but we refused and still got the upgrade. The room was clean and big compared to some of the hotels in the area. We were put in a family suite which has an awsome view of the falls. Even though we were in the 6th floor, we did have a good view of the falls. I would presume all rooms higher than the 6th would even have a more awesome view. We used one of their token coins but was not charged for it. I would suggest as other reviewers had, to bring your own water, juice and snacks if you are into that sort of stuff. For the use of vending machine, they only accept marriot tokens which is worth $3 Canadian (bummer) , the 1 liter water in the room cost about $8 CN. The bathroom was pretty nice and so were the beds. My son even slept on one of the couch overlooking the falls and found it exceptionally comfy. We also had 2 TVs in the suite which helped a lot in calming our 2 kids. We ate at TGIF for dinner which was very pricey for our purpose. Compared to the Marriot in Montreal, we like this one better. Overall I would not mind staying again on this hotel.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 20, 2005

We were very disappointed to arrive at the Marriott and discover the room we reserved through a Marriott reception agent- a FULL fallsview room overlooking the Canadian and American Falls would be an upgrade. Apparently the reservation agent charged us the price for a full fallsview room but reserved a partial fallsview room. I thought the situation could be resolved easily but it was not. The manager explained to us the only way to have a full fallsview room was to pay for an upgrade. Nevermind our online confirmation said fallsview, we had to pay even more! Feeling quite mislead we cancelled the reservation went down the street to the Hilton where we had a full fallsview room and a pool with a water slide for about $20 a night more.

5  Thank oliviabaronybeach
Reviewed June 15, 2005

My husband and I stayed at the Marriott from May 15th to the 17th. It was a long drive but absolutely worth it. From the moment we checked in to the moment we checked out could only be described as amazing. This hotel is completely classy and we will not stay anywhere else besides a Marriott ever. We had originally planned to go to Canada in the summer but we received such a great deal we decided to go sooner. The people were amazingly friendly and couldn't do enough to help you. The servers in the restaurant, Terrapin, were excellent and attentive and the breakfast buffett was well worth it (the omlette station was the best!!). The room itself was beautiful and clean and of course the view of the falls was again, AMAZING!!! My husband and I both received massages at the beautiful spa located in the hotel and absolutely loved them. The masseuses were completly professional and did an awesome job! The pool area, jacuzzzi, sauna and steam room were also a wonderful addition to our trip since two days of our trip the weather was cold and rainy. I would, and have, recommend that anyone who comes to Niagara Falls Canada stay only at the Marriott. All I can say is AMAZING!!!

• Stayed: May 2005