I booked the 2-night package with Standard room Full Fallsview from the Marriott Website. That includes 2 mornings of breakfast, 1 evening Fallsview Dinner for two, and Shuttles.
Ok! My husband and I drove all the way down from Montreal to Niagara Falls on the Quebec Day holiday (June 24,2005). We took off at around 11am. We hit Toronto at around 4pm, and we were stuck in traffic for almost 2 hours. So it was almost 7pm when we arrive the hotel.
First when we arrive to the Marriott FallsView, we almost had no choice but to valet the car key to the parking guy. I had to rush packing up my loose baggages in the car on spot. So I warn you to pack all your stuff properly before you hit the hotel.
When I hit the front desk, right away the guy was trying to convince me to pay $50+ per night to upgrade from the 7th floor to the 20th+ floor for a better view. So $100+ in total for my 2-night package. I refused because that had exceeded my budge, plus I was already paying $299 per night. At that point I felt a bit of pressure from that guy. I wonder if they get commission by having the guests to upgrade their room. Not too happy with him.
The Hotel Room:
My husband and I were amazed by the spectacular view when we entered the room. The 7th floor was actually good enough for the full fallsview. We could see both of the American and the Canadian falls very well + the fireworks at night.
The quality of the room is 5 stars. Very clean smells good, A/C and heat were both functioning, very comfortable foam mattress, good quality bedding, feather pillows, enough hangers in the closet for 2, plenty of soaps, in-room safe...etc. The only problem was that the little fridge was locked with some beverages + alcohol inside with price list. If you want to use it just to cool your own drink, you have to get the key from the front desk. Luckily, we brought our cooler with us to the room, and there is ice machine on the floor. So we didn't bother to use that fridge.
There were also a basket of snacks on the desk, and of course with a price list. We were not so tempted by it because the snacks in it seem to be there for a while. Especially the M&Ms, looked like it had been squeezed/abused in many occasions...
The "Fallsview Dinner for two" in the 2 night package was actually a $75 voucher. I'm glad that I read the review here before the trip, so we used it for room service like the other people did. And we enjoyed it a lot.
The buffet breakfast was good as expected for a 5-star hotel. Everything seemed very fresh and well made; it also has the order to cook omelet and eggs. We enjoyed our breakfast there a lot.
The shuttle bus came every 30 minutes, not bad. It stops at the Falls, the new Casino, and Clifton Hill. So we didn't use our car at all during the 2 days at Marriott.
We used the Express checkout from the TV menu as suggested on the invoice. That was really convenient and no need to line up at the front desk!
I'm so glad that I read the review here before I go. Otherwise, I would had been very upset about the $20/day valet parking that they only tell you after you valet your key; and the what so called "Fallsview Dinner for two" was just a $75 voucher. Overall, we were satisfied with this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Marriott Fallsview Niagara Falls Hotel & Spa has the enviable distinction as being the closest hotel to Niagara Falls. As the area's premiere AAA Four Diamond, five-star luxury hotel in Niagara Falls, this Marriott Niagara Falls Hotel overlooks the majestic waterfalls and is located just minutes away from a variety of exciting attractions and casinos, as well as the Scotiabank Convention Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, TravelUp, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Niagara Falls Marriott Fallsview Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel Niagara Falls
- Marriott Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel And Spa
- Niagara Falls Marriott