“Beautiful view and hotel”

Niagara Falls Marriott Fallsview Hotel & Spa
Ranked #7 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 27, 2014

It was a bit pricey but since this was likely my only visit, I thought it was well worth it. We got a room on the falls side on the 19th floor, with an enormous picture window. It was amazing to look out and see both sets of falls from above, any time we chose, so we got beautiful views day and night, including the fireworks from the comfort of our room. We arranged a tour of the falls through the hotel, and again, although a bit pricey, was worthwhile to us. We had dinner in the restaurant and the food was excellent. The staff was very helpful; one of my daughters passed out in the lobby, and the manager called the EMTs and never left her side until he was sure she was cleared as ok to leave. I found the hotel and our room to be very clean and lovely, and will recommend it to others.

1  Thank lfitzs
Write a ReviewReviews (7,497)

Reviewed August 27, 2014

Our family group wanted a good view of the falls, and this hotel completely satisfied this desire. As the attached photos show, we had an clear view of the American, Bridal Veil, and Horseshoe Falls from our two rooms. This view also allowed us to enjoy the sights and sounds of the beautiful Niagara Falls fireworks show on Sunday and Wednesday nights.

We wish the other hotel services had matched the magnificent room view. The expensive falls-view room's decor was dated and worn, the concierge was more interested in selling you an overpriced tour of wine country than being helpful about nearby restaurants & attractions, the breakfast buffet was bland, costly, & crowded, the in-room WiFi was as slow as a 1980's 300 baud modem, and the Concierge Lounge hors d'oeuvres offerings & setting was the worse I have ever experienced in a Marriott. Overall, I felt like I was in an older Best Western than a five-star Marriott property.

Would we stay there again? The room view was so good we probably would!

2  Thank Curb_jumpers
MFVmanagement, Manager at Niagara Falls Marriott Fallsview Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2014

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to complete a review of your recent stay. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations. However, I am glad that you were able to find some positive experiences during your stay and I will share your comments with our team so we can make improvements. I hope you will return in the future.

Reviewed August 26, 2014

Just came back from our 2 nights stay at the Marriott Fallsview for a special getaway that I had planned for my wife and I to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. The outcome was great and everyone should bring their significant other there at least once.

When we got there, the front desk lady didn't really say much but just gave us our room key. No information on the hotel, area, activities, nothing. I was a little bit surprised by this. I was hoping for the perfect getaway as this was a surprise for my wife. She knew nothing about it. Didn't know the hotel we were staying and what I had planned. I had previously sent an email to the hotel about our upcoming trip and that it was to celebrate our 10th wed anniversary and that I requested the nicest room possible in the price range we had. I had reserved the Superior Fallsview with whirpool. They didn't ask what brought us to the hotel or the occasion (this didn't really matter but still, I had notify them in advance).

When we got to our room on the 14th floor (1411), I was so disappointed with the room and the view. The room looked older, looked dirty, only 1 chair by the windows, and they had bars (vertical and horizontal) on the windows, making it really hard to see. This is not what I had booked online. I was discouraged and after paying $900 for the 2 nights, I wasn't impressed and kind of sad that this what I had to offer my wife. Not the first impression you want to start your getaway with. My wife wanted to stay in this room because she knew I was a bit upset but I was ready to leave.

I decided to call the service and explained my situation. The lady was actually very understanding and from that point, everything changed for the better. 15 minutes later, we were moved to the 16th floor (1624) and what a difference. Large, un-obstructed windows, very spacious room, cleaned, newer, fireplace, big whirpool, and two nice big chairs beside the window. Then I was happy and we could start enjoying our little vacation. Perfect setting. We had a little celebration for our anniversary, ate a nice dinner at the Keg next door, visited nice wineries, treated ourself to a nice room service breakfast, had amazing views from the falls, saw the fireworks from our room and walked around town. The new Niagara Outlets aren't too far and very nice. Niagara-On-the-Lake isn't far either where they have a nice little town and we picked up peaches. After a rough start, we really enjoyed our time at the Marriott Fallsview and even if it's quite expensive to stay there, it's was worth it.

Parking is quite expensive at the hotel, $35/night. We parked at the Casino (5min walk) and it cost us $10 total (would have been $5 if we would had leave on a weekday). Not that we needed it because we were there to relax and enjoy Niagara but the Wifi is quite expensive too and no breakfast was included. At the high prices of the rooms, you would think that wifi and breakfast would be included.

Overall, great experience and a lovely romantic getaway.

Room Tip: Higher floors, Superior Fallsview, 16th floor(1624) had nicer room, nice large windows. Room on the...
5  Thank Roberto424
Reviewed August 26, 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights last week with the family. We were upgraded to a falls view room on the 14th floor so we could see both the Canadian and American Falls.

The pros....location, location, location. There's a walkway from the hotel lobby right to the Railway that brings you down to Table Rock(it's a $2.50/person charge). Very convenient and can walk pretty much everywhere from the hotel. There's also a WeGo stop right in front of the hotel. The views are absolutely amazing. We were able to see the fireworks on Wednesday night right from out hotel room. The sound of the Falls lulled us to sleep at night. The room does need some updating but overall very clean...and I am a clean freak! We wanted extra towels and they were brought up immediately. The woman at the concierge desk was very helpful in answering our questions about sightseeing. My husband is a Marriott rewards member so our wifi was free. It worked great for us and had no issues.

The cons....Parking was robbery. $35/night. We checked in at 11:30pm on Tuesday night and checked out at 10am on Friday morning...we were charged for 3 nights of parking. So a 2 1/2 day stay cost us $105 just in parking.

Overall, I would definitely stay here again(mainly because it was clean, great location, and we accumulate reward points). If you don't, there are other hotels that also have good views and in great locations that may be less expensive(and charge less for parking and free wifi!!)

Room Tip: The higher the room, the better the view
2  Thank Natasha H
Reviewed August 25, 2014

We stayed here about 4-5 times over the past 10 years.
The first room we were shown was far from Marriott standards - especially for the price.
Dirty, hairyfloor, stained carpet and smelly room. Looked like a worn out party room. Rooms in great need of renovations. No more details needed.
The third room was ok but still in need of renovations. Missing faucet label covers, frayed carpet, stained couch, just plain worn. The employees we met were still all very nice and accommodating.

The complimentary concierge Hors d'oeuvre was for only for two guests. The extra $5 charge by Marriott for the third guest was petty for a few vegetables, cheese and crackers - especially for a $599 room on a Sunday night. Just as a reference, we tipped your employees around $60-$70 for the single day we were there. The $35 parking fee also seemed excessive but hey - we paid for the location. Starting to reconsider if the Marriott Fallsview is really worth that much.

Guys we absolutely loved our stay there 2 years back and several previous stays prior. This stay negated everything. I guess you can charge a premium because of your location but the hotel is definitely going downhill - we'll likely look for another hotel next time and not recommend this place to our colleagues or tripadvisor anymore. Maybe we will stay in NY and drive across - I hear NY is making some noticeable improvements.

Room Tip: Shop around for newly renovated hotels in the area. Also consider staying in NY at the Casino - we...
3  Thank smkosik

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to complete a review of your recent stay. I am sorry that we were unable to meet your expectations on this trip. I will share your comments with our team so we can make improvements. We work hard to provide you with a wonderful experience and I hope you will return in the future

Reviewed August 24, 2014

We were given a 2 night stay in this hotel as a birthday gift from our son who is an Elite member at Marriott. Had anticipated much more than we got. Window in room on the 5th floor had cloudy areas making seeing the falls harder. Overlooked the dumpsters...Lights went out in the morning- then no hot water at night. Took lukewarm showers in a 5* hotel. Must say that the hotel comped our parking after our son complained. Would never pay what they charge! Restaurant overpriced! However it was close to the Falls!!!

Room Tip: Higher floors have much better views..
2  Thank joalbert85
MFVmanagement, Manager at Niagara Falls Marriott Fallsview Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2014

Thank you for staying with us and completing a review of your recent stay. That was a very nice birthday gift from your son, I am very sorry that we did not meet your expectations for your special day. I will share your comments regarding the room with Director of Engineering to correct the issues. Unfortunately we did experience a brief power outage that effected several businesses in the immediate area; I apologize if this had a negative impact on your stay. I hope that when you have the opportunity to return to Niagara Falls we will have the opportunity to host you again.

Reviewed August 24, 2014

In one weekend I stayed at the Marriott Falls Fallsview Hotel & Spa and the Doubletree Hotel & Spa (see my Doubletree Review). The Doubletree was by far the best value. The staff was very friendly and professional. We paid for a city/falls view. We were offered a room on the 22nd floor, which seemed awesome based on other trip advisor rooms, but we landed in room 2229...an end of hall room with lots of promise; however, I'm still not sure what the "city view" was unless it was the distant view of Buffalo or the voyeuristic view into the rooms of the adjacent Radisson...and the "falls view" was only visible if I pressed my face against the window and looked to the left, only then was it more of a headstream view (flowing river before the falls). Rooms in that particular location on each floor should be discount rooms at best. The location was great for convenience to the casino.

4  Thank CandidCommuter
MFVmanagement, Manager at Niagara Falls Marriott Fallsview Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2014

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to complete a review of your recent stay. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations; unfortunately there may have been some confusion during your booking process as we do not have any “city/fallsview rooms”. Due to the unique layout of our hotel almost all of our guest rooms have a view of Niagara Falls with a very limited number of rooms that offer a view of the Niagara River as it approaches the Niagara Falls. Our website also offers a detailed description of each room type and a floor plan is available to assist you in choosing the best room to meet your needs. The Riverview Guest Rooms offers the most competitive rate of all our room types. I hope we will have the opportunity to be your host again soon.