“Great views”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Madrid
“Great views”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We spent two night there on the 11th floor. Really nice views!! Reading a book on that sofa was amazing.

The jacuzzi is great as well, elevators are a bit of a pain as they are very slow.

If you take the Adventure Pass, you get the WEGO buses for free and it is really convenient.

They have preferred tours so they won't inform you of other options, like e.g. the Adventure Pass.

Room Tip: Ask for as high as possible!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lnalnalna

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,255)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Victoria, BC
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We had the pleasure of staying here for 1 night over the Canada Day long weekend. It was a last-minute booking and we got a wonderful falls-view room on the 19th floor. The view was amazing! Parking was $30 which is a bit steep but comparable to the other hotels in the area and it’s the same price for self-parking or valet so we used the valet service. The lobby has a Starbucks and offers great views of the falls. The staff were kind, smiling and knowledgeable except for one little mishap. I had phoned down to ask for directions and hours of operations of a nearby liquor store. It was 1030PM and was told it had closed at 10PM. After a few minutes, I called the liquor store, anticipating a recording, to find out when they opened the next day, only to have a person answer and let me know they were open until 11PM. At this time, it was too late for me to leave the hotel and make it in time. Not a huge deal but it was a bit disappointing. Other than that, great hotel and I would stay here again.

Room Tip: There is no question that you get what you pay for, when it comes to the view rooms.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Florida
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Overall a good hotel. I want to give this hotel five stars, I really do, but a couple of things are nagging me. Here is my unbiased review:

The good- It's all about the view, and it's spectacular. Closest hotel to Niagara Falls on the Canada side. Just crack your window open and hear the roaring of the falls gently enter your room. When darkness arrives after sunset, watch the colored lights play on the falls and mist. Then, look down from your room window and see everyone in cars and on foot trying to get a view and you think: "Ahhhh, here I am in my comfy room with the best seat in town." Then go to the large hot tub with your significant other, open a bottle of wine, and drink in the evening. The hot tub is large enough for three or so people. The bathroom with tub can be closed off from the rest of the room with sliding shutters. Also, this hotel has "Bath and Body Works" bath amenities- superb. There is a pool and hot tub downstairs, but with so much else to do why even go there. This hotel has a great gift shop as well. Restaurants are within walking distance, and so are the falls so park your car and forget it. Just a few blocks away is the big ferris wheel along with restaurants and other attractions kids will love- check out the Hershey's chocolate store!

The not so good, and reasons for taking a star away- the plumbing is all shiny and clean in the bathroom, but the sink faucet leaked unless turned just so. In addition, the toilet tank wouldn't stop filling because the handle jammed against the tank lid. Had to adjust it every flush. And lastly, I made a reservation by phone and was promised a very high room with the quoted price. However, when I arrived, I was bluntly and unapologetically told that anything above a certain mid level floor would be in addition to what I was quoted. This left a sour taste, as I was promised one thing but received another.

All in all, a very good hotel. Desk staff need to loosen up and smile a bit, though. Customer service was stiff and unfriendly.

I would return simply because of the cleanliness, coziness and awesome view.

Room Tip: Would recommend rooms on floor 8 thru 12 or so for best viewing. Any lower or higher and you may not...
3 Thank HereHere
Humble, Texas
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Like most recent reviews, we were there for the 4th of July fireworks and had an excellent view of the Falls. We were able to improvise a 2-person seating area by the window by bringing over the desk chair to accompany the reading chair. When we weren't out touring, we were in those 2 chairs being mesmerized by the Falls.

Bed was comfy and room was serviceable. But it's really all about the view - especially as the Incline Railway is out of service for awhile. That proximity was one of the reasons we booked here several months in advance. Without that advantage, there are other hotels that would've been considered more seriously.

As others have said, there is a charge for everything. Bottled water (although large bottles) was $6.95. The tap water was fine. The mini-fridge had a key so we didn't use it. We like using mini-fridges for things we bring with us, not things we have to pay extra for. And we didn't need wi-fi enough to pay for it. There's a computer in the lobby but all you can do is print a boarding pass.

Thanks to the reviewer below that mentioned the Fallsview Casino parking! We paid $5 total for 2 nights' parking instead of the $60+tax that Marriott would've charged. It was about a 5 - 10 min walk and we figured we'd wait at least that long for the valet.

Nice hotel but I would be open to trying another closer to the American Falls on our next visit to get a different vista.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank PAJOHNSO
Hollywood, Florida
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Great location, great hotel and the fallsview from my room was outstanding. It was my first time visiting the falls and this hotel made my trip outstanding. I choose the package that included breakfest, dinner credit and casino credit, which I thought was well worth it. The walk to get to the falls is about 15 minutes, but they are making some improvements to a lift that is right behide the hotel. Once the lift is done it will only take a few minutes to get to the falls.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Chester County, PA
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We just spent the weekend in a family suite room at the Fallsview Marriott. I have to say the views of the falls are incredible. The hotel is located up the hill on a bluff above Table Rock Visitor Center. It's practically a straight line from the Horseshoe Falls to the hotel. We were only on the 9th floor and I wasn't sure how great the views would be from a relatively low floor. The views are unbelievable. As soon as you walk into the room, you see the falls. Really cool. My children and I also really like seeing the falls at night, when they're illuminated with colored lights, and also watching the fireworks over the falls, which we did from the comfort of the hotel room. It was super convenient to be able to see the fireworks from the room, since when they were over, it was the kids' bedtime and they went right to sleep.
Although it's a busy hotel, the valet and front desk teams do a great job keeping everything going.
I also like the hotel's location which is on the far end of the town of Niagara Falls, about a mile from the main drag which would be too crowded and noisy for our tastes.
I had the valet park our car ($30 a day) and didn't use it again until we left (they do have unlimited In/Out privileges, but driving in the town is no fun).
It's worth noting that it is not easy to get to the falls from the hotel unless you take the Blue line of the Wego bus. There is an incline railway which climbs Murray Hill but it was not operating when we were there (early July 2013). The visitor center is probably a 25-35 minute walk from the hotel.
I also agree with the other reviewer who commented on the pool chemicals in the swimming pool and jacuzzi. I couldn't stay in the pool room due to burning eyes, though I was the only one it seemed to affect that day.

1 Thank Mike K
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Great hotel, great location and amenities. The view was incredible - we were on the 19th floor and watched the falls day and night. We watched the 4th of July fireworks over the falls. It was worth the price! The only issue we had was an hour wait for our car at the valet on checkout - a painful end to the trip!