“Package deal , not the greatest deal.”

Niagara Falls Marriott Fallsview Hotel & Spa
Ranked #6 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 8, 2013

The package deal includes a room with falls view which was great, jacuzzi it was ok,breakfast was good lots of choices, bus pass and $40 dinner voucher not the best deal... all for $300. The location is only good if your staying in the upper part of the falls were the new casino is other then that your talking the bus. The $40 voucher wont get you much at all the restaurant prices are very high . We ate at applebyes good food and walking distance. If you go to the falls check around and do your research on other hotels that might be closer to downtown , i wasn't a big fan of the bus ride.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Jcots
There are newer reviews for Niagara Falls Marriott Fallsview Hotel & Spa

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Arrived as the temperature was lifting from approximately -20 to 0 degrees C. This caused tonnes of rain causing more mist than normal. We initially asked for a room as high as possible for better views when we booked, we got this. Checking in we asked if we could be lower down so that we would be under the mist (top of hotel and Skylon tower not visible at all, Rainbow bridge and Sheraton hotel completely out of sight from the room view), to the credit of the receptionist, she moved our room to level 7 which was perfect. The view was great given the weather conditions and even better in the morning when we woke up to find the mist had subsided and we could see everything.

We had a room with two Queen beds in it and all the usual hotel amenities you get these days. Which was fine and all in good working order. We didn't use the TV as my girlfriend and I spent most of the evening staring out of the window admiring the view (and hoping the mist would vanish).

The next morning we went down for breakfast. The waiter was very helpful. The food was very good and plenty of it. The restaurant also has falls view.

The only downside is that we were mislead by the valet parking. We asked the attendant what we were to do about parking up, he advised that the valet service was to be included in our room bill and that we should pull up outside. So I did, then when checking in we were charged an additional $25. Needless to say he wasn't tipped given the number of much cheaper car parks within walking distance I would have preferred if given the option.

1  Thank Dan C
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Stayed on January 26th for the Ice-wine festival. Room was clean, hotel was quiet, which was nice, staff was friendly. Hallway carpet is worn, pool entrance under repair. Have stayed here a few times before, and always thought this was one of the better fallsview hotels, but was a little disappointed on this visit. Was given a corner Upper Falls/Riverview room which had a peculiar shape and layout. No light in the shower. The TV in room movies did not work. Was looking forward to relaxing to a new movie after a long and fun day, but it did not work. Hotel offered to send repairman up at 9pm. Just what I want when I'm in my Jammies. Talked to tech support, they told me to try a few things that did not work. TV cabinet hinge was broken in room as well. Nice hotel, but getting tired. Bed, not that comfortable (especially compared to Hilton the night before). Weird, big square pillows, not comfortable. I stayed 1 night. Stayed at Hilton the night before in a MUCH nicer room, no comparison. Is it asking too much for the TV movies to work on the 1 night I am there? No compensation offered, not even a cup of coffee at Starbucks. It's the gesture that counts. Too many other choices, I will not be back.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

I traveled here a few weeks ago (Jan 2013) and thoroughly enjoyed my experience. The hotel is in a great location; with a direct view overlooking the falls, it’s only a few minutes drive from the “strip” (which has many family friendly activities and restaurants) and about a half hour easy drive from the wineries and wine village. There is a restaurant (which I highly recommend) that overlooks the falls and fireworks display. I suggest making a reservation either the night before or early in the day if you plan on going to the restaurant. The hotel staff was very accommodating, and I received a free room upgrade upon my arrival. The rooms are spacious, clean, well lit, and mine had a perfect view of the falls. There is also small fitness center with free weights and treadmills, a pool, and a spa all within the hotel. This hotel doesn’t have a casino, but it is only a 5 minute walk from one. Although you will pay a little more than some of the other hotels on the block, it is well worth it.

Room Tip: As if there are any free upgrades, and request a room with a view of the falls.
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Great views, stayed on the 28th floor overlooking the falls. Service was a little slow and internet wasn't working well. Elevators were SO SLOW! This was probably the reason I may not return. Of course, the drinks were over priced in the bar as well. Spent $8 for a beer when it was $4 around the corner.

Room Tip: Get a high room, but be prepared, the elevators are SLOW!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Gregorio P
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We travelled in early February 2013 on a Groupon deal, which included a $75 off coupon to the Terrapin Grille, buffet breakfast for two, Jackson Triggs wine tasting at the Terrapin's bar before dinner (5-7 p.m.), wine tasting/tour at Jackson Triggs and Inniskillin wineries (you have to drive to those), and a two-day Wego bus pass, all for $129 Cdn. (We paid $20 extra to go on a weekend on this Groupon.) A fabulous deal and wonderful stay! The food at the Terrapin was excellent, both at dinner and breakfast. (Loved the made to order omellete/egg station for breakfast.) They take reservations, but it's first-come first-served at the window seats, so they advise going before 6 p.m. for dinner if you want to be by the window (view of the falls). The service was excellent at both dinner and breakfast!
The room was very comfortable, tastefully decorated, quiet and immaculately cleaned. The bed was very comfortable.The bar fridge is locked, so we didn't bother to get a key. Used the ice bucket to keep our drinks cold.
They have two hot tubs, a pool, steam room and sauna, gym and spa.
There is no on-site parking, and one has to pay $25 to either walk 2 blocks to park, or have valet parking. Having walked the two blocks, we definitely recommend, for the same price, to do the valet parking. We just stayed one night, so am not sure whether it is $25 per night or for the stay.
There are two Marriott's: one in front of the other, so make sure you know which one you are staying at, just to avoid any check-in confusion.
We definitely will be returning!

Room Tip: To see the falls, get a Fallsview room higher than the 5th floor. The higher you go, the better the...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Susan M
Reviewed February 4, 2013

From the moment I arrived, the staff were welcoming, informative and professional. Great room with a wonderful view. I was travelling alone and dined at Terrapin on my own. I couldn't have felt more welcomed. Todd and Susanna, two of the staff there were marvelous, professional, charming, attentive. Dinner and breakfast both great. I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of my dinner meal. Lots of variety and healthy choices available at the breakfast buffet
Pool area good, with two hot tubs and dry and wet sauna.
I would recommend this hotel and will return.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo