“Room with a view of the Falls”

Niagara Falls Marriott Fallsview Hotel & Spa
Ranked #6 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 20, 2013

My wife had never been to Niagara Falls and I had not been there since I was a child. I choose a superior view room with a Jacuzzi and a fireplace and we were not disappointed. We arrived late afternoon to our room and chose to dine in the hotel at the Terrapin Grille. The food was delightful and the view of the falls was wonderful. In the morning we took advantage of the buffet breakfast with a morning view of the falls. Great omelette station. The Spa was well worth the visit.

Room Tip: Go for for the superior view room. The higher the better.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ABDCPA
There are newer reviews for Niagara Falls Marriott Fallsview Hotel & Spa

Reviewed January 18, 2013

We booked one night to treat ourselfes during a road trip.
For an extra fee, we got a very tidy and large room with fall view and whirlpool (behind a large glass wall).
There was a nice looking desk and a big flat screen.
Car parking in the basement.
Starbucks at the lobby, as there was no breakfast included, we decided to go the cheaper way :-)
Nothing bad to say against this hotel!

Room Tip: The little extra fee for the fall view room was so much worth it. You should see the falls at night...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Michael B
Reviewed January 16, 2013

We had a room on the 19th floor with a great view of the falls. For what they charged me though, I would have expected a much more nicely appointed room. They were standard hotel accommodations; if I closed the drapes I would have thought I was in a Days Inn somewhere in Nebraska. And the fireplace, which I paid an extra $90 for, was a not just a fake fireplace (which I, naturally expected), but a fake fake-fireplace - some sort of electric beast that didn't warm up, didn't have flames, and made an ungodly noise...kind of like a giant cold toaster oven. I don't know what other hotels there are in Niagara Falls (which, after spending time in the beautiful cities of Montreal and Toronto, underwhelmed me as a dumpy and unimpressive tourist trap), but don't spend too much money to stay here.

7  Thank Steve D
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Recently took a trip to Niagara falls and decided to stay here based on reviews and friends' experiences. Was a great decision! Absolutely beautiful view from our room, fantastic staff who were very friendly, helpful and accommodating. Ate dinner and breakfast at the Terapin Grill and enjoyed the view of the falls while we ate. No complaints at all. Absolutely would stay here again.

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better the view (obvious but true)
2  Thank acastle44
Reviewed January 14, 2013

My wife purchased a package for us as a Christmas gift. I called in advance, and attended at this hotel, with brochure in hand. To my surprise, we were directed to another Marriot property (Gateway) which is almost across the road. We attended at the Gateway, and they could not locate our reservation. Ultimately, they found it at the Marriot Fallsview, where we were to begin with. We returned to be greeted by Lawrence, the Duty Manager. He resolved all of the confusion by providing all of the amenities (coupons for a Casino credit, $40.00 for the Terapin Restaurant, coupons for the buffet breakfast) we should have had.
I believe what occured is that the package purchased by my wife was for the Marriot Gateway, but I inadvertantly booked at the Marriot Fallsview. We have a spectacular room overlooking the falls, a wonderful dinner and buffet breakfast, and found the entire experience (after the initial confusion) to be wonderful.

1  Thank Quill007
Reviewed January 13, 2013

we went as a family in august, had adjoining rooms. worth every penny, we were able to see the falls, the fireworks, walking distance to the falls. loved the spa, and the pool. had a great time. if we were to go back to Niagara falls, this is were i would stay.

Room Tip: falls view room
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank amber S
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I loved having the Falls View room on a higher floor. It was great to see both falls right from our hotel room. It was nice to sit in the chairs by the window and just stare out at the view.

It was a little more expensive to get the higher floor, but I thought it was well worth it.

Room Tip: Pay for the higher floor in order to get a better view of the falls.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple