“Not worth it”

Niagara Falls Marriott Fallsview Hotel & Spa
Ranked #6 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 16, 2013

We had a room on the 19th floor with a great view of the falls. For what they charged me though, I would have expected a much more nicely appointed room. They were standard hotel accommodations; if I closed the drapes I would have thought I was in a Days Inn somewhere in Nebraska. And the fireplace, which I paid an extra $90 for, was a not just a fake fireplace (which I, naturally expected), but a fake fake-fireplace - some sort of electric beast that didn't warm up, didn't have flames, and made an ungodly noise...kind of like a giant cold toaster oven. I don't know what other hotels there are in Niagara Falls (which, after spending time in the beautiful cities of Montreal and Toronto, underwhelmed me as a dumpy and unimpressive tourist trap), but don't spend too much money to stay here.

7  Thank Steve D
There are newer reviews for Niagara Falls Marriott Fallsview Hotel & Spa

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Recently took a trip to Niagara falls and decided to stay here based on reviews and friends' experiences. Was a great decision! Absolutely beautiful view from our room, fantastic staff who were very friendly, helpful and accommodating. Ate dinner and breakfast at the Terapin Grill and enjoyed the view of the falls while we ate. No complaints at all. Absolutely would stay here again.

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better the view (obvious but true)
2  Thank acastle44
Reviewed January 14, 2013

My wife purchased a package for us as a Christmas gift. I called in advance, and attended at this hotel, with brochure in hand. To my surprise, we were directed to another Marriot property (Gateway) which is almost across the road. We attended at the Gateway, and they could not locate our reservation. Ultimately, they found it at the Marriot Fallsview, where we were to begin with. We returned to be greeted by Lawrence, the Duty Manager. He resolved all of the confusion by providing all of the amenities (coupons for a Casino credit, $40.00 for the Terapin Restaurant, coupons for the buffet breakfast) we should have had.
I believe what occured is that the package purchased by my wife was for the Marriot Gateway, but I inadvertantly booked at the Marriot Fallsview. We have a spectacular room overlooking the falls, a wonderful dinner and buffet breakfast, and found the entire experience (after the initial confusion) to be wonderful.

1  Thank Quill007
Reviewed January 13, 2013

we went as a family in august, had adjoining rooms. worth every penny, we were able to see the falls, the fireworks, walking distance to the falls. loved the spa, and the pool. had a great time. if we were to go back to Niagara falls, this is were i would stay.

Room Tip: falls view room
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank amber S
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I loved having the Falls View room on a higher floor. It was great to see both falls right from our hotel room. It was nice to sit in the chairs by the window and just stare out at the view.

It was a little more expensive to get the higher floor, but I thought it was well worth it.

Room Tip: Pay for the higher floor in order to get a better view of the falls.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I attended a conference at the hotel. Everything was okay... Nothing was amazing... I had never been to Niagara falls before, it was certainly cool to see but for a destination that is pretty much based on the view my room didn't have a very nice one.

The whole hotel is and seems old from the pool to the fitness facilities.

We attended a reception at the Sheraton which has a rooftop pooldeck that features amazing views of the falls!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We stayed on the 17th floor of this hotel in October. The view was incredible and the room was lovely..an electric fireplace and a jacuzzi tub from which you could actually see the Falls! The staff was very friendly and helpful and we found it to be very convenient in terms of location. Taking the funnicular down and back up from the Falls was fun as well. I would highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: The 17th floor offers spectacular views!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple