WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Niagara Falls Marriott Fallsview Hotel & Spa

Niagara Falls Marriott Fallsview Hotel & Spa
Ranked #4 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Great views but not so great value for money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for one night to get a good view of Niagara Falls at night all lit up. I chose the Marriott because of the high rating on Tripadvisor (which I always do), but I think this is one time where Tripadvisor didn't really live up to its recommendation.

The rooms at the Marriott are certainly lovely and the view of the falls is spectacular. The rooms are clean, the beds very comfortable, and if you get a room with a jacuzzi in it it can be a very relaxing experience!

The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. Unfortunately the rooms are not very soundproof and I had a terrible time with noisy kids on the level above which has really put a dampener on my experience there as I was hoping a quiet relaxing night in. But the staff tried to help - I think though that I would have been more impressed with an offer to change rooms.

The only negative which stopped me rating this review 5 stars was the cost of everything. As other reviewers have said, this hotel is extremely expensive and to have to pay for wifi in your room on top of this, as well as pay extreme prices for food and drinks (one glass of club soda will cost you $4.50!) is a bit ridiculous. Breakfast should really be included for the price you pay here, especially after all the taxes are added on (everyone needs to be aware that a room will cost you at least an additional $30 than what you are originally quoted). Also, the person manning the tourist information desk didn't seem to be able to answer simple questions like where the nearest supermarket or mini-mart was and sent me on a long walk only for me to find out on my own there was plenty of places very near the hotel.

All in all, a good hotel, but my guess is there are better value for money hotels around with equally spectacular views.

Room Tip: Falls view for sure - at least level 10 and above
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Liztiz1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,142)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Rogers, Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

Oh my gosh- the view from our room was incredible. You felt like you could touch the falls. The breakfast was fantastic- breakfast buffet was to die for!! We checked in about 11 pm because of a late flight, and the bellmen were "resting" and couldn't stop visiting with each to do their job, I thought oh no, but once u got past them, the people at the front desk were great! I couldn't get the coke machine to work, and the manager went and got me TWO! The rooms were so clean. This as a perfect place to stay!

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nellie195105
Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

We stayed in this hotel in early August 2012 during a brief stay in Niagara Falls. This is a lovely, well-located hotel with a tremendous view of the Canadian falls. Valet parking was convenient and hassle-free. The checkin staff were friendly and helpful and the waitress at dinner was pleasantly-mannered and attentive without being overbearing or intrusive. The food was beautifully-presented and delicious. Breakfast was OK, a fairly ordinary buffet and the waitress on duty was nothing special. Checkout was efficient and we were able to leave our bags and car at the hotel while we spent some time at the falls.
My biggest criticism of this hotel is the lack of free wi-fi. When you're paying $350 a night, there are some things you expect to be included. If starbucks can offer free wi-fi for a customer spending $3, surely a Marriott can.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank IrishPaddy123
Montego Bay, Jamaica
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

We stayed last weekend with my best friend (girls trip), to Niagara and she decide to booked this hotel... What an excellent choice she made!!!!

Our check in was made by Charlene, very quick and easy... She explained ALL what need to know about the hotel and service, when we arrive to the our room 2018 this has an AMAZING view, although there was a little mist, we enjoy this a lot!!!

The room is very spacious, clean and the beds very so comfy... Just a quick recommendation, the AC should be a little colder:(!

After we decide to attend the wine testing and dinner in the restaurant/bar area... ALL the staff as sooo friendly, nice and accommodating, THANK YOU TO Anna, Coulette and Todd, who treat us like a queens... XOXO!

I work in the Industry and, because of that, I have a critical eye, specially in the service provided, because I understand that people is the asset that make difference in any property, after this been said, I WILL DEFINITELY WILL COME BACK TO THIS BEAUTIFUL HOTEL IN A HEART BIT!!!

Thank you ALL!

Isabel & Terry

Room Tip: Room 2018 have a beautiful view to the falls!!!!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Isabella R
Greenbank, Washington, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

This place still sticks in my mind after over a year has passed. We had a King size whirlpool suite fairly high up (9th floor or so) and the view was to die for. If I didn't live on the other side of the country from this hotel, I would go back regularly. The room was very nice, the help gave fantastic service, and we totally loved our stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Marcella D
Gardendale, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

We stayed at the Marriott Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel & Spa in August and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Our room was clean and comfortable. We did receive an upgrade with view of the Falls which was fantastic. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for the upgrade, if there is a room available, they will try to accommodate. Higher floors have...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank debyteky
Earth City, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

This review is long overdue. We stayed here for our 10th anniversary in August, and Marriot's staffs made the celebration unforgettable. They reserved us a beautiful and quiet room, with an amazing view of the Fall. Their breakfast was sumptuous, and likewise with their dinner course.Thank you, Marriot.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family