I stayed in this hotel for one night to get a good view of Niagara Falls at night all lit up. I chose the Marriott because of the high rating on Tripadvisor (which I always do), but I think this is one time where Tripadvisor didn't really live up to its recommendation.
The rooms at the Marriott are certainly lovely and the view of the falls is spectacular. The rooms are clean, the beds very comfortable, and if you get a room with a jacuzzi in it it can be a very relaxing experience!
The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. Unfortunately the rooms are not very soundproof and I had a terrible time with noisy kids on the level above which has really put a dampener on my experience there as I was hoping a quiet relaxing night in. But the staff tried to help - I think though that I would have been more impressed with an offer to change rooms.
The only negative which stopped me rating this review 5 stars was the cost of everything. As other reviewers have said, this hotel is extremely expensive and to have to pay for wifi in your room on top of this, as well as pay extreme prices for food and drinks (one glass of club soda will cost you $4.50!) is a bit ridiculous. Breakfast should really be included for the price you pay here, especially after all the taxes are added on (everyone needs to be aware that a room will cost you at least an additional $30 than what you are originally quoted). Also, the person manning the tourist information desk didn't seem to be able to answer simple questions like where the nearest supermarket or mini-mart was and sent me on a long walk only for me to find out on my own there was plenty of places very near the hotel.
All in all, a good hotel, but my guess is there are better value for money hotels around with equally spectacular views.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Marriott Fallsview Niagara Falls Hotel & Spa has the enviable distinction as being the closest hotel to Niagara Falls. As the area's premiere AAA Four Diamond, five-star luxury hotel in Niagara Falls, this Marriott Niagara Falls Hotel overlooks the majestic waterfalls and is located just minutes away from a variety of exciting attractions and casinos, as well as the Scotiabank Convention Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Niagara Falls Marriott Fallsview Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel Niagara Falls
- Marriott Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel And Spa
- Niagara Falls Marriott