“Superb views of both falls”

Niagara Falls Marriott Fallsview Hotel & Spa
Ranked #6 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 3, 2007

You dont really come to this place for the quality of the hotel you come for the views

The views are superb - we booked a 'superb falls' view room and then paid an additional $30 to move from the 6th to the 17th floor where the views are even better

Location wise it was fine

Its great to go for a day (max)

Hotel is dated - feels like late 70's/early 80's style decor.
Crib for our baby was free and a new design and good quality

Hotel extra's like drinks/food are extortionate, but its a tourist trap so you kind of expect it

Most people also go to Niagara on the Lake, which is fine to visit for a couple of hours and is a 20-25 minute taxi ride away and you can stop and admire the views on the way

Overall, even with the dated decor I'd still recommend this hotel based on the views - afterall thats what your here for - not to admire the quality of the hotel :-)

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
4  Thank sti5brigade

Reviewed October 1, 2007

Loved our room, it was 702, had a wonderful view of the falls which we could actually see from the bed. We had a King which was semi comfortable, we both woke with stiff backs and necks but slept peacefully. I think it just wasn't the same type mattress we were used to. The room was very clean and the towels were adequite. Not a higher end brand for sure. The fire alarm went off at 7am which sounded for about 15 minutes, a huge distraction from our well needed sleep, but nonetheless, it worked which I think we should be thankful for. Hotel fire alarms are normal and usually from people using things that they shouln't, like toaster ovens and candles.... I used to work in a hotel and it happened monthly. The restaurant was awesome, but extremely overpriced. I don't care where they're located, they are just way overboard. The package deal is good, but you will need to spend over the price of the package, even without and alcohollic beverage and a tip. Even the breakfast. $18 for 2 eggs, bacon, homefries, toast and coffee. Seriously, a bagel was $6.50. I think you do save on the package, but overall, not really. When you add up the extras. There are tons of restaurants around and the shuttle service is free I think for all hotel guests, at least it is with the package. Check on that.
The front desk staff was very pleasant except for some young girl who seemed to have something stuffed up her...... yeah you know. The valet was great and the bellman was also wonderful giving up a little info as we looked out our window. The pool was good and there are 2 hot tubs as well as the one in your room if you get the jacuzzi package. Room service was prompt and served well. I would absolutely stay here again, but find a way around the pacakage to maximize my stay. And again, the view is amazing. Anyone who has not traveled to Niagara Falls before, I think that the lower levels of the hotel are better at least a the Marriott, we were on the 7th floor and saw the falls while in bed, I doubt, that you can do this on any floors higher than this. And I think If you're looking down from say the 20th floor the falls will look so tiny. Well, good luck and enjoy.

Stayed: September 2007
3  Thank sleepybeautie
Reviewed October 1, 2007

This is our 3rd visit to the Marriott and as usual we weren't disappointed. We always stay in a Fallsview Spa room (do take time to relax in candelit suds with a chilled bottle of Peller or Vineland bubbly and a view of the Horseshoe Falls). Regardless of season, the view is to die for and worth every dollar spent. The Terrapin restaurant was a bit hit and miss this time - fabulous starters but two of our party were disappointed with their main course (small portions & cold). However, our server was quick to rectify the situation, so overall not a problem.

All I can add is, GO THERE !!!

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed September 27, 2007

Ask for a room across from the falls, Fantastic view. Levels 8 to11 are perfect. Nice spa in foom, ask for bathrobes, they are not in the room.
The restaurant there is excellent food, large portions and tasty.

Stayed: September 2007
1  Thank heatheraussie
Reviewed September 22, 2007

We just returned from our stay at the Marriott. We have visited this hotel for the past two years. The customer service is very good in this very clean hotel. The view of the falls are good from any room. Be aware that the cost of visiting this area is extremely high when it comes to food prices. Parking is also a hidden cost at $20 per night.at the Marriott. The Canadian Dollar is now equal to the US Dollar, making this not quite the bargin it once was. When we visit the Niagara region again, we will stay at this hotel hands down. It is simply the best and makes for a wonderfull time. Oh, by the way, the beds are absolutely incredible. Thank you Marriott.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank Vacation85
Reviewed September 18, 2007

My husband and I stayed here for our anniversary and it was a wonderful experience. I booked one of the Canadian Fallsview Guestrooms. The view of the Canadian Falls was spectacular. I loved going to sleep at night and faintly hearing the roar of the falls as I drifted off to sleep. Each morning I would get up and open the drapes to see the view of the sunrising over the Canadian Falls. It was beautiful. I took several photos from my room, the view was so grand. The room was immaculate and the beds were beyond comfortable. The bedding was beautiful pure white accented with red velvet-like blankets & extremely plush. It was like sleeping on a cloud!

The hotel does have a spa on site, however, I never visited the spa--i was too busy site seeing. There is also an indoor pool and hot tub on site & they were both very nice. I took advantage of both of them after a long day site-seeing. There is an on-site restaurant, however, the prices here I felt were VERY HIGH. There is also a Starbucks in the hotel lobby for you coffee lovers. The hotel offers parking/valet service for a fee ($20.00 per day in 2006). All vehicles are kept off-site, so you need to ring the valet service about 20 minutes prior to meeting your vehicle at drop-off/pick-up area. There is a shuttle service provided that stops in front of the hotel, but there is a fee for this service as well (I did not utilize this service).

The hotel is within close walking distance of the Fallsview Casino & Skylon tower. Clifton Hill is about a 15+/- minute walk from the hotel lobby. The walk down to the Falls from the hotel is VERY STEEP if you walk down Murray Hill. There is an incline railway that you can take near the hotel, but there is a fee to use this tram service. The hotel is at the end of Fallsview Blvd and therefore is very quite..no loud cars/buses/etc. This allows you to enjoy the sounds from the falls.

All in all, I would definately recommend this hotel. The views from this hotel are spectacular. This is the closest you can get to the actual falls. You cannot get a view like this from any hotel on the NY side (since it is mostly state park)! You must stay on the Canadian side of the Falls to get a view of the falls from your hotel room. The service was friendly & fast, the room was beyond clean, the bedding was comfortable/plush, the pool was nice, and the views are well worth it. You might find cheaper, but I doubt it will be better.

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank daisyferret1
Reviewed September 9, 2007

Our family of four spent four nights at the Marriott Fallsview in August of 2007, and it was a wonderful choice. Above and beyond anything else was the view of the falls. Stunning! My daughters also enjoyed being able to see the fireworks over the falls right from their room. The hotel definitely caters to families, as evident by the free magic show every evening on the Mezzanine level. We caught it during our first and last nights at the hotel and loved it both times. No surprise that the hotel is a bit pricey, but you get what you pay for. We enjoyed the breakfast buffet every morning, with custom made omelets, fresh fruit, yogurts, cereal, breakfast breads, etc. We also liked the convenience of having Starbucks in the lobby. Another high point of the hotel was the Serenity Spa on the lower level. My husband and I have visited many spas during our travels, and this was one of the most relaxing.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Bakerloo2