Our party of 3 chose to stay at the Holiday Inn Niagara Falls - By the Falls. I primarily chose this hotel because they offered free parking and free wifi, also having a pool was plus if you wanted to relax at the hotel. We arrived about 1-2 hours after check in time, I parked in front, and quickly thought only 3 parking spaces?? Upon check in at the reception, we were notified that there is ample parking in back on the holiday which is also accessible via a back door entrance. This is a big plus, not that the walk around the corner was a big deal, but every bit of convenience is a plus. The first room that gave us was on the ground floor close to an exit door, immediately I knew this was bad, but decided to go in, upon entering, and opening the drapes, we saw parking lot. This was a no-no, since we did not want headlight beaming into our room at night, nor did we want to hear the door opening and closing so close to our door in addition to a privacy concern. Kudos to Eli, who helped changed our room to the second floor away from any exits. As for the new room, it was a bit dated, but one big minus for us was the lack of electrical outlets in the living quarters. We had to unplug the alarm clock in order to make use of the outlet. The available outlets were available inside the bathroom, and right outside of the bathroom, where the coffee maker and hairdryer were plugged in. In today's age, everyone has a cellphone and/or ipad device and would require daily charging, it was doable, but not as convenient or efficient as it could have been. Note to self: Bring a surge outlet on next trip. As for the free internet service, the wifi signal was very weak in our room, but seemed to be stronger as we approach out door. It was weak, but usable, and fulfilled our purpose of checking emails, browsing and facebook postings. Enough of the negatives, we were surprised that the hotel was close and within walking distance to most if not all the attractions were interesting in seeing. The Skylon tower was right down the block, the Fallsview Casino was right across the street. We even walked to the Maid of Mist boat tour, I believe it took 15-20 minutes, and that was while were taking in the views on River Rd. The day I parked our car was the last day I moved it because we were able to walk everywhere. Our stay was a short stay, only 2 nights. Overall, I rated it 3 star because the hotel is very much dated, but what it lacked was made up for it amenities and location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the brand new Holiday Inn Niagara Falls, we've just completed an extensive renovation. You can't beat our location - steps from the Falls, one of the most magnificent natural wonders of the world. Our hotel is located in the heart of Niagara Falls, perfect for taking a short stroll down to the Falls. Ride to the top of the adjacent Skylon Tower for the best view in town or walk over to the Fallsview Casino. We are also located very close to the IMAX Theatre, Clifton Hill, and Queen Victoria Park which features magnificent floral displays at the Greenhouses. Families love the free parking and Wi-Fi along with our beautiful indoor and outdoor swimming pools, sauna and whirlpool. At our full service hotel, enjoy breakfast, lunch or dinner at Coco's Terrace Steakhouse. Our famous Wood fired Pizza is not to be missed! After a long day of exploring Niagara Falls, enjoy a refreshing beverage on our patio featuring nightly live music. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Niagara Falls - By The Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Niagara Falls - By The Falls Hotel Niagara Falls
- Niagara Falls Holiday Inn