“Dirty sheets”

Ranked #71 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Felton, Pennsylvania
“Dirty sheets”
Reviewed June 10, 2010

The bathroom floor had hair all over it. The sheets and pillowcases were wrinkled, looked as if they were slept on. The walls are thin, the person above us was taking a shower and it sounded like a dam had been opened.

1 Thank mindymin4164

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Hungarian first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 31, 2010

I Just got back from a 3 night stay with my fiancé at this hotel. The first night we both got bitten by bed bugs at night on the second floor. We told the man at the reception and he said with a smirk on his face and I quote "maybe a fly or something bitt you outside". Than we requested to be moved to a room on the 3rd floor. They gave us the room which was smaller in size and the second bed was an inflatable one from canadian tire. When we looked down at the stairwell at the back/bottom of the hotel we noticed 2 spring boxes and a mattress leaning against the wall. We did not get bitten the 2nd two nights but....

Definately this place HAS BED BUGS.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
GlengateHotel, General Manager at Glengate Hotel, responded to this review, June 1, 2010
Dear Guest
Firstly, let me apologize for the inconvenience you experienced staying at our hotel. Upon receiving your concern, the room was thoroughly checked by owners and a professional and licensed pest control company(hired by hotel on a contract) and found no evidence of any kind of bed bugs.Also, our housekeeping staff are trained to inspect rooms upon vacancy to detect any bed bugs infestation. I apologize on our handling your concern initially as you should have been moved to a larger room or a suite and not to a room which has an extra bed(cot-which is inflatable). I would like to guarantee you that this is an isolated situation and hope it does not deter you to come back and stay with us. Please feel free to contact me directly. Thank You- General Manager
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 28, 2010

We booked a room with two beds and they gave us a room with one very small bed. After discussing and waiting the staff offered us a room with one Kingsize bed because the hotel was fully booked. We didn't agree on this offer because we did booked a room with two beds. Finally, after a long time waiting they gave us a room wiht two beds. When we came in the room, the room has a terrible smell. The sheets had stains on it and the room smelled like a combination of urine and shi* that has been in the room for a week and it was like 40 celcius degrees/ 104 Fahrenheit in the room whole week.
They didn't clean the room, somebody has pissed in the toilet and did not flush!! It was really GROSS!!!
First, I didn't believed when I saw the bad reviews, but after staying here I know it is all true. Dont't go to this hotel/ motel. And don't believe somes sites they say that they are a 3 star hotel, this is not true. It is a 2 stal motel.

Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed May 26, 2010

Hotel in general was nice but few things kind of disappointed me. I went with my husband, mom, sister, and 4kids, stayed in two rooms.
Good part: Price/night was reasonable (avg. $110/night), Clean, Friendly staff, Nice breakfast (free for kids, $4/adult) with variety of food
Bad part: Limited parking, no garbage can in the rooms, coffee supply was not refreshed 2nd day, sugar/coffee mate pack was openened by us the 1st night and it was not replaced by a new one, no klenix

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 26, 2010

I just came back from Niagra Falls and I must say i didnt have the experience I thought I was going to have. Firstly the only thing good about this experience was the price "$64". The staff was non-accomodating, the sheets had stains on them, my room smelled like a combination of syrup and mildew (go figure). People please DONT forget any products at home like "toothpaste" as there are no real compliments at this hotel. The ATM that is in the lobby charges $1.75 to take out money which is not unusual since Im from NY, but the attendant told me that it charges 50-75 cents, when I put my card in, to my surprise $1.75 was charged along with my canadian money, the attendant laughed at me. I asked what was so funny after I spent my hard earned money in your machine that you lied about?? Dont go here people you will be unhappy!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
Ottawa
Reviewed April 17, 2010

Do check this hotel out, we were a bit wary at first based on the price and the pictures and reviews on the website but we were pleasantly surprised. The hotel was small but charming and the hotel staff were incredibly nice and welcoming. This is a great hotel for the budget conscious traveller. Why pay high prices if all you want is a place to store your stuff and a bed at night. Save your money since Niagara Falls is quite expensive. We were surprised at the size of our suite. The room was very clean and the bed was really comfortable. The only negative comment I would have is that the walls are quite paper thin. There was a large family staying in most of the rooms on our floor and they were constantly slamming their doors, talking loudly in their rooms and hallway. Thankfully, they left the next day so we were able to enjoy the rest of our stay. We would definitely consider this hotel for a return visit to the area. A lot of the negative reviews we had read about the hotel concerned the parking garage. We were offered a spot in the parking lot behind the hotel and never had a problem. The hotel is not that far from Clifton Hill (15 min walk) so we left the car in the parking lot (free parking) and walked.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
NY
Reviewed April 1, 2010

Really loved my stay, i was not expecting this kind of service ,cleaniness etc..but dont have enough words to thank them.
Highly Recommended...