“Blah. Needs renovations and updated furniture ”
Review of Glengate Hotel

Glengate Hotel
Ranked #71 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Ottawa
“Blah. Needs renovations and updated furniture ”
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

Really unpleasant experience. Hotel room was dirty. I asked for a blow dryer and the first one didn't work.. The second one exploded as I was drying my hair. Cigarette burns in the sheets. Beds make noise and you can hear people on the upper floors. I heard that niagra has very run down hotels. This was not a good experience for me. I've stayed in nicer hostels in Europe. I paid too much for this hotel (335 for 2 nights).

Stayed August 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Hungarian first
East Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed August 4, 2014

I chose this hotel because it's a near-the-fall hotel with free parking. I got a 1-BR King for a bit over $200 for two weekend nights.

Location is just OK. It's not too far away from the Fall but it does take almost an hour for a round trip. I would rather stay a bit far away and drive to the fall instead. After a long day at the Fall, it doesn't worth walking back in the dark with my sore legs. Parking is just $10 a day if you know where to find.

Room is huge but there is nothing special about it. It's clean but bed is not that comfy. No bed bugs though. However, wall is not that thick and I did hear loud noise every time my BF or the guest on adjacent room use a shower.

Breakfast is not worth it. The room only opens from 8-10 AM. Only cheap bakery, cereals and cheap juice. I only went there one day and decided that I would go eat somewhere else and enjoy the Fall in the morning when there was no waiting lines at the attractions.

Overall, I think it's just an OK hotel if all you need is a place to sleep and free parking.

Room Tip: We got ours on the 3rd floor. Less crowded so more quiet.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cho_R4T
Seattle, Washington, United States
Reviewed May 5, 2014

This is a basic budget hotel in Niagara Falls. Our room was fine. Nothing special, old furniture and the room was pretty dark. Cleanliness could be better. Since we were looking for a hotel for one night only and we knew we will spend the night only there, we didn't have very high expectations. It was a good price, but keep in mind it was a good price for Niagara Falls which is expensive in general. I think it's worth half the price at any other location, I would extend this statement to other hotels in NF though.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Ewa D
Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

We booked this place from bookings.com and got a good deal on it. The weekend we were suppose to stay there turned out to be the first winter storm of 2013. We got there at 1 even thought check in time was 4. The concierge had everything ready and we got in early. The next morning, the parking lot was covered with snow, so when we had to leave, there was no one at the front desk at 11 30 am. We had to shovel the drive way by ourselves all the way to the sidewalk in order to get out. The room was small and the jacuzzi tub jets did not work. Do not go during winter!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Fidhama
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I went to this Hotel a few days ago. The hotel in general is nice, clean, and cozy. As always, you should know what to expect for the price you pay.
You won't get a five stars hotel, but you won't pay like you pay for a five stars hotel either.

The only thing that bothered me the most was the mattress, they could be better, but overall I'm happy with my stay there.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Location okay; no phone in room; clock radio didn't work; towels thin; bathroom dirty, door was filthy, tub and shower curtain needed cleaning, mold, floor dirty; parking lot small; wouldn't stay there again, nor recommend.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 29, 2013

The staff was very kind and helpful. Location was good, only 17 min walk from Fallsview casino. Beds were stiff, 2 out of 3 lamps were broken. Bathrooms had mold. Didn't try breakfast but they did have quite a selection. Wouldn't stay here again unless I was desperate

• Stayed September 2013