“You get what you pay for”
Review of Glengate Hotel

Glengate Hotel
Ranked #74 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed September 29, 2013

The staff was very kind and helpful. Location was good, only 17 min walk from Fallsview casino. Beds were stiff, 2 out of 3 lamps were broken. Bathrooms had mold. Didn't try breakfast but they did have quite a selection. Wouldn't stay here again unless I was desperate

• Stayed: September 2013

Reviewed September 18, 2013

We weren,t expecting anything too great but it wasn,t too bad. our room was clean. Bedding was clean.Air conditioning worked well. Walls are very thin. We could here neighbours upstairs walking. Parking lot was tiny. The walk to the falls wasn,t that far at all. Only 20 mins to everything.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2013

A little rough around the edges but all in all this was a good experience. My friends and I shared a 2 x double bed room and were quite comfortable. Good air con, ok beds, clean bathroom.
Glengate was about a 20 min walk to the falls (about 10 to top of town), but the walk is easy and did us good after pigging out on all the bad food in town.
Breakfast was the normal toast, cereal, muffins etc. The only noticeable annoyance was that the wifi didn't seem to work in our room... I told management so hopefully all is good now.
Good cheap comfortable place if you don't mind a walk!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Basic room. Large bathroom. Clean, and the staff was friendly. Breakfast is coffee, juices, cereal, and assorted carbs. A good value for the area if you just need a room for a night. There is an outdoor patio area for relaxing. Underground parking for small cars.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

We went to this hotel for my sisters birthday, the hotel we usually stay in was completely booked for a wedding. We found this hotel on Expedia and it looked ok from the pictures. We were very surprised when we got there! It was so dirty!! The rooms were very small, and the hotel was run down looking and old! We got a room with a balcony, because I smoke. The balcony was there, but it was surrounded by chicken wire, probably to try and keep people from jumping from being so depressed by staying in this hotel! There was some kind of makeshift pipe on the balcony, making it look like people had been doing drugs there before we got there and housekeeping didn't go into the room to clean it up! We did end up staying, and the morning after sleeping in the bed, I woke up covered in some kind of a rash all over me, except my face! Needless to say, I will never be going there again!

The staff was not helpful! Not outright rude, but not pleasent either. The manager did nothing when I told him that I was very unhappy with my room, saying that I should have looked more into the hotel before coming!

I was not given the mini fridge I requested, nor the microwave. Don't all hotel rooms come with these things nowadays?!? I thought so!!!

The location is also not ideal! It's very far from the excitement that is Clifton hill and all of the tourist attractions! We decided to walk it during the day, it took about 25 minutes!

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I stayed over the Canada Day long weekend. The hotel was easy to find from HWY 420. just few mins away. Easy access to and from Hwy 420, no queues to get in or out. I have no problems check-in or check-out. My room had two queen beds and they were comfortable. The room was clean, a big washroom, two people can move around comfortable. No problem with the T.V, you had many choice of channels to view your favourite shows. Breakfast was adequate, whole wheat and white bread, bagels, muffins, and croissants, and you had a choice of juices or coffee/tea. Staff was always replenishing food. There was big patio which you can choose to sit and enjoyed your breakfast. The hotel is about 20 mins away from the falls, it can be daunting to walk back on a hot humid day, but the upside, it is a good exercise after eating ” junk food” . Parking is little tight for bigger vehicle, there is no eating place next to the hotel; you have to walk to Ferry street. So on a rainy day, you can be hold-up in the hotel for a while. If you have kids, it would be wise to walk with snacks.
If you ever go to Casablanca restaurant, please take note of this, if you are planning to use your interac or credit card, please pay careful attention when you are doing your transaction. Do not insert your PIN. Ask the cashier first before you doing anything. From experience, I inserted my PIN and it was shown on the receipt as a tip, which I did not approve. This happens to a number of customers.
At Curry Queen, the included tip on their receipt, do not tip them after paying.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the 3rd floor facing the Niagara Falls info. centre. It was quiet. No problem with...