“Depressing” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #67 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Boston, Massachusetts
“Depressing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2012

I should have read the TripAdvisor reviews before I booked a night in the Glengate. As others have pointed out, the photos and info on the Glengate website are misleading at best. Our room (king with a balcony) was shabby and dirty. My wife and I both woke with mysterious itches. The breakfast was a joke. Definitely the low point of our visit to Niagara.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BrianMcW

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Hungarian first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2012

The hotel wasn't what I expected but the staff tried to do whatever they could to make the stay a decent stay the bed was hard and the breakfast wasn't saying much

• Stayed May 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Orangeville, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Glengate for one night. It was nice, but I found the room a little dirty, the bathroom, and juccuzzi tub were not very clean, and the bed was a little hard. The contenental breakfast was gross, all that was available were some stale bagels and muffins, we ended up going out for breakfast. And there are only a handful of parking spaces, so if you go out and return late there may not be any parking available on the property. It was good for the price we paided, but I would not pay more than I did, ($89 Can) for the honeymoon suite. If your looking for an average place for good value then I would recomend the Glengate.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LisaGillard
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2011

After arriving from Marine-Land for the day with my wife and two children, I checked into the room I had already reserved for two evenings and everything was good. The A/C wasn't working as cool as we wanted it, but to be fair, we were there during a heat wave. Well, everything was good until the next morning when we noticed bite marks on our children's legs. I mentioned it to the manager and he said they were probably bitten by mosquitoes or something while we at Marine-Land. I agreed as my wife and I were fine and knew the kids were all over the place the day before in their shorts near the water. I asked if the housekeeping staff could change our sheets while they were making our room which he immediately agreed.

The second evening after taking my family to the Butterfly Museum and Water park, we came back to the room and the outside temperature was a lot higher than the night before and we were all sweating as the room was very warm. We all went to bed normally but thins night I woke up at 3am with an itch on my neck. I turned the light on and seen a black bug on the sheet the size of an apple seed. I turned all the lights on and didn't see anymore. I went on to YouTube and found how to look for them; I looked at the mattress seams and seen all the black speckles they showed on YouTube. Let's just say it was hard for me to go back to sleep. The next morning we were all covered in bites (even after I killed the one one I thought doing it!) and my kids were crying to leave even if they had to use the bathroom at the gas station. I took my family home the next day and bites didn't go away for two weeks.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank Barry P
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2011

We were two couples staying one night. For high season, I wasn't expecting to find much for $150/night. The Glengate was a lovely surprise. Very clean, super courteous, easy to find. I have no complaints.

For those looking for a hotel right on the strip, this was a little further out (but still walking distance - we walked everywhere). And the Intercontinental Pancake House was a block away, and also a good score.

Overall I had a great trip and I thank the hotel for their service.

Room Tip: It might cost more, but ask for a balcony. We didn't and wish we had.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LenitaK
Shillington, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2011

Looks nice at first glance. The comforter had stains on it the bathroom is old chips in bathtub and sink they skimp on shampoo and soap no microwave or fridge in room although you are welcome to use the communial microwave.
Price was 130.00 night for a Saturday night I think it was a little high for what you get it wasn't horrible but not nice. It needs updating and they need to clean all the little details. You are about a 20 minute walk from niagara falls and all the bars and restaurants.

• Stayed August 2011
Kearny, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2011

The hotel was very nice and clean inside. The rooms were a nise size. The hotel from the outside did not say what it is inside. I would stay there again.The people there were vey nice.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family