“Okay”
Review of Glengate Hotel

Glengate Hotel
Ranked #74 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed June 5, 2012

The hotel wasn't what I expected but the staff tried to do whatever they could to make the stay a decent stay the bed was hard and the breakfast wasn't saying much

• Stayed: May 2012

Reviewed January 30, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Glengate for one night. It was nice, but I found the room a little dirty, the bathroom, and juccuzzi tub were not very clean, and the bed was a little hard. The contenental breakfast was gross, all that was available were some stale bagels and muffins, we ended up going out for breakfast. And there are only a handful of parking spaces, so if you go out and return late there may not be any parking available on the property. It was good for the price we paided, but I would not pay more than I did, ($89 Can) for the honeymoon suite. If your looking for an average place for good value then I would recomend the Glengate.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LisaGillard
Reviewed September 5, 2011

After arriving from Marine-Land for the day with my wife and two children, I checked into the room I had already reserved for two evenings and everything was good. The A/C wasn't working as cool as we wanted it, but to be fair, we were there during a heat wave. Well, everything was good until the next morning when we noticed bite marks on our children's legs. I mentioned it to the manager and he said they were probably bitten by mosquitoes or something while we at Marine-Land. I agreed as my wife and I were fine and knew the kids were all over the place the day before in their shorts near the water. I asked if the housekeeping staff could change our sheets while they were making our room which he immediately agreed.

The second evening after taking my family to the Butterfly Museum and Water park, we came back to the room and the outside temperature was a lot higher than the night before and we were all sweating as the room was very warm. We all went to bed normally but thins night I woke up at 3am with an itch on my neck. I turned the light on and seen a black bug on the sheet the size of an apple seed. I turned all the lights on and didn't see anymore. I went on to YouTube and found how to look for them; I looked at the mattress seams and seen all the black speckles they showed on YouTube. Let's just say it was hard for me to go back to sleep. The next morning we were all covered in bites (even after I killed the one one I thought doing it!) and my kids were crying to leave even if they had to use the bathroom at the gas station. I took my family home the next day and bites didn't go away for two weeks.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Barry P
Reviewed August 15, 2011

We were two couples staying one night. For high season, I wasn't expecting to find much for $150/night. The Glengate was a lovely surprise. Very clean, super courteous, easy to find. I have no complaints.

For those looking for a hotel right on the strip, this was a little further out (but still walking distance - we walked everywhere). And the Intercontinental Pancake House was a block away, and also a good score.

Overall I had a great trip and I thank the hotel for their service.

Room Tip: It might cost more, but ask for a balcony. We didn't and wish we had.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LenitaK
Reviewed August 7, 2011

Looks nice at first glance. The comforter had stains on it the bathroom is old chips in bathtub and sink they skimp on shampoo and soap no microwave or fridge in room although you are welcome to use the communial microwave.
Price was 130.00 night for a Saturday night I think it was a little high for what you get it wasn't horrible but not nice. It needs updating and they need to clean all the little details. You are about a 20 minute walk from niagara falls and all the bars and restaurants.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed July 29, 2011

The hotel was very nice and clean inside. The rooms were a nise size. The hotel from the outside did not say what it is inside. I would stay there again.The people there were vey nice.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed February 7, 2011

1. No long distance phone calls allowed, regardless if they have your credit information or not for billing.
2. Drainage is poor. Even after a quick shower, you are standing in water over your ankles.
3. Request for pillows, we were advised it would take ten minutes....we received them 45 minutes later and only after we went down to get them
4. Bathroom is not equipped with soaps, shampoo's or conditioners....what you would expect from hotels.
5. Parking is poor and don't even enter if there is snow...you won't get in or out without sliding right onto Stanley into on coming traffic.
6. House Keeping is poor. One bed was made, the other was't when we came back from sight seeing. If we'd known that, we would have made our own beds.
7. Didn't have internet access
8. BUGS, read other reviews. Absolutely gross!
9. One out of three attendents were customer friendly. Otherwise, be prepared to feel like an inconvenience.
10. All non smoking rooms, yet the second floor smelled like a tabacco company.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business