“Highly Recommended Rex!”
Review of The Rex Motel

The Rex Motel
Ranked #1 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

(Review from a 20 year old female) When pulling up to the motel, I was shocked, I thought I booked the wrong place! (Because of the outside appearance) - but don't judge the book by it's cover! Step inside and it is such a BEAUTIFUL place with a great homie feeling, I was pleasantly surprised! The receptionist is great, she was very helpful, very nice, and loves to chat! Highly recommend stay here also because of the amazing affordable price! The one and only downside is that it's quite a walk to the falls and main strip, but you can always drive and park at the casino for only $5 for the whole day! Hope this review helped :)

• Stayed: January 2014
11  Thank Alicia F
There are newer reviews for The Rex Motel

Reviewed January 18, 2014

Stayed there for one night last June on a quick visit to see the falls. When we arrived, the owner was just cleaning rooms, so we got to choose. We saw that each room was decorated with a different theme. For example, there was the Medieval room, the Paris room, and we chose the Mediterranean room. The room was clean, comfortable, and had free wifi. The owner was very friendly and helpful, by suggesting places to visit and cheap places to park. The main attractions are about a 10 minute drive. We probably could have walked it, but it happened to be raining that day. We took a taxi back into town that evening, and that also was fairly hassle free. So all-in-all, I would definitely recommend this as a great place to stay when visiting Niagara Falls for excellent value, and one of the nicest motels I've stayed in.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Claire N
Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I went to Niagara Falls for a night before heading further north to see my family for Christmas. He has never been, I've been there a dozen times so I knew that the winter is Low tourist season and I know hotels are still crazy expensive and charge for parking. Found this little gem here actually. It's a little outside Clifton Hill. They have various themed rooms and don't charge for parking. They
Don't serve breakfast but do provide fridge, microwave and coffee in room. From the outside it looks like a run down motel. The inside rooms are just beautiful. We stayed in the Greek Isle room. We were originally in a queen room, I forget the theme but she upgraded us at no charge to a king size. Very clean. The lady who owns the place was extremely nice. Our room for a weekend night was around $50 CN. It's close to the free parking station to view the falls and you can walk from there (by botanical gardens) all the way to the falls and Clifton Hill. Would go again in a heartbeat. Thank you Rex Motel!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Stephanie W
Reviewed December 17, 2013

By boyfriend and I stayed at the Rex Motel on December 12, 2013, arriving at 2 a.m. I made our reservations 2 days prior, and spoke with the owner Emilia. She is a very sweet woman and owns this lovely bed and breakfast. Because we were arriving so late she had made accomodations for us and left the key in a secure area along with the Wi-Fi password should we have needed it. The room was very cozy and a very nice size for 2 people. It was extremely well kept and very clean. The surrounding area was quiet and needless to say we got an excellent night's rest. Morning check out was at 11:00 a.m., so we packed up our stuff and went to hand in the key. We had the pleasure of meeting Emilia in person- she was VERY helpful, helping guide us with places to go and what to avoid. The drive to the falls was only 15 minutes from the Rex. We stayed in Embassy the following 2 nights (separate reviews are written). Though this Motel does not offer a view of the Falls, it makes up in everything else. The location is only minutes from the Falls and the rest of Ontario. It is extremely affordable, but do not let the price full you. People may think that because it is less pricey that it must not be a good place to stay, but that is absolutely incorrect. This is the whole package- a great price, a great room, and a short distance from everything to see! I would 100% recommend this to anyone visiting Ontario/Niagara Falls.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Kristina Z
Reviewed December 2, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights in June. The motel is fantastic!! The owners are very friendly and accommodating and went out of their way to assist us with any of our needs including organising a car (advised this was a better option as taxi's can rip you off) to the bus station on our final day. The rooms are all individually themed (we stayed in the Africa room) and was extremely comfortable. It was great to also have free wifi. The only negative factor would be that it is a 30 minute walk (although it very easy, flat and we quite enjoyed it) to the falls however the cheaper price justifies this distance (Hotels near the falls start from about 5 times more). Would highly recommend this motel to anyone visiting Niagara and would definitely stay here again in the future if we were to return.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank AlanaVickers
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I had read the awesome reviews this motel had before making a reservation. So off we went traveling from Burlington! Vt to South Dakota planning to spend one of the nights in Niagara Falls.

When we got to the border the custom's agent asked where we were staying, when he heard it was the Rex he warned us against it saying it wasn't great and that he neighborhood was not a good one. Needless to say, we got a little nervous.

When we drove up to the Motel our doubts grew. From the exterior it did not look that great, but I wanted to give it a chance since I had read all the reviews.

I was greeted by this really nice lady, very welcoming. I asked to see the room and was pleasantly surprised when it turned out to be everything I had read. I loved it! So we stayed at the Italy room since all of them have a theme. It was spotless and full of great details. Located very close to the happening area. Loved the fact that it had free wi-fi and parking. Planning to stay there on our way back!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Elsa C
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Recently went to Niagara Falls and stayed here for two nights. My husband and I had one room and my friend had another. BOTH WERE IMMACULATE !! They would have both passed the "white glove/white socks" test. Even the vents were pristine. Our shower was amazing-(we stayed in the African themed room and it has a super nice shower). There was WIFI and cable. There was a "towel animal" waiting for us and we had fresh towels/washcloths along w/ shampoo/conditioner/ and lotion everyday. The owner/manager was very helpful in giving us cost effective information on how to experience ALL OF NIAGARA- not just the "falls". All in all, the three of us were very pleased w/ our stay and would highly recommend it to everyone. Plus, it was only about 5 minutes from The Falls... for the price- it's an awesome deal. !!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends