“Great MOTEL”
Review of The Rex Motel

The Rex Motel
Ranked #2 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Just returned from the Rex MOTEL. I normally don't stay at motels but, with the great reviews I couldn't pas up the $63.00 a night rate I found on booking.com. I actually cancelled a previous reservation at a chain hotel that would of cost me $189.00 a night. My wife and I were amazed at how clean our room was, absolutely spotless! The owners were exttreamly friendly, kind and helpful.
Please keep in mind, this is a budget MOTEL. Not a HOTEL. Our king room was adequate, with a comfortable king bed. There was a small fridge, microwave and coffee maker in the room. The rooms are small but has everything one needs, if your looking for a large suite with fancy amenities, go pay 3 times this price. If your looking for a C L E A N comfortable bed to lay your head for the evening, this is a great place to stay.
I read the reviews before we went and took heed. The motel is close to a busy road, and there is a central heating system with ducts that go from room to room, so we brought ear plugs and weren't bothered by noise at all. Since the heating is central, you have no control of the tempature, but we found it very comfortable, and it went down into the 30's at night.
Upon check in, the owner explained that there were no clocks in the rooms, but if we wanted one, she would provided one, as well as an iron and board, if needed.
We returned to our room every evening to find home made pastries, what a nice surprise!
If you don't have your own transportation, this is probably not a good choice, if your going to the falls, the motel is approximately 1.3 miles away.
If you're budget minded and want a spotless place to stay, please consider all of the pluses, and consider some of the negatives and stay at the Rex MOTEL. Again, this is not a fancy spacious chain hotel and doesn't try to pretend to be. Take it for what it is, an affordable, ultra clean, budget motel.

1  Thank EastlakeOpie
There are newer reviews for The Rex Motel

Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

I know that the prices at this hotel may lead one to believe that the quality levels may not be to standard-- this is simply false!! We read reviews and booked with Emilia- she and her family own and operate a top quality, clean and comfortable establishment about ten minutes from the falls. Emi pointed us in the direction of 5 dollar parking and some amazing restaurants that we may have missed- being as we didn't know the place. If you are considering staying anywhere near the falls- I give this place the biggest thumbs up! Rooms have wi-fi, fridge, micro, coffee maker, walk-in showers and the most comfy beds I have ever experienced at a hotel. Definitely check this out!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Great Value, friendly staff, good location and clean rooms. I did stay two nights and at best could only get warm water for my shower but it didn't spoil my stay and the room was clean and well decorated. We were recommended to go to Mandarin restaurant along the road and I can highly recommend it. If you are travelling from overseas it is unlikely you have seen anything like it, there is also a cinema there too complete with IMAX. The falls are amazing and Niagara on the lake is an absolute must.

Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

I was looking for where to stay for cheap while on vacation but not sacrifice cleanliness. This place was amazing! It is super clean and the rooms are so nice. To top it off the manager is the nicest lady I have ever met and she was super helpful. If you are in niagra falls you should definitely stay here!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Max D
Reviewed October 21, 2013

So back in August of 2013 I was looking to book a hotel in Niagara Falls Canada.....needless to say Hotels are expensive......and I needed three rooms......well I found the Rex!!!! Great price....great place....wonderful owner......small throwback motel from the fifties....totally renovated and CLEAN....CLEAN....CLEAN.....if you want marble floors and crystal chandeliers not here.....if you want a great price....clean rooms.....and road trip atmosphere....book the REX....I have stayed in some of the best hotels in America and the bathroom in my room at the Rex was the cleanest freshest bathroom I have ever been in at a Hotel......My adult picky children even liked it.....my hat is off to Amelia the owner and her welcome pastries were to die for!!!!! Going to Niagara Falls?....want an experience?.....want to save money?.....then by all means BOOK THE REX MOTEL!!!!! Oh...ps. Amelia my finicky older daughter wanted a larger mirror......

Room Tip: Each room is different.....so be surprised.....
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 20, 2013

If your priority is cleanliness, this is it!!! I have never found a hotel or motel this immaculate. I can usually find something that is not spotless, but, not at the Rex. Our room at the Rex was totally SPOTLESS. No germ and dirt laden carpeting. Clean and new wood flooring.
Since this is an older motel, the room and bathroom size reflect the floorplan and size of the time. HOWEVER, the cleanliness, artistic decor and homemade pastry far outweigh the size. It is not crowded, just not spacious. Since most people stay here to visit the Falls and other sites, you don't stay in your room for long periods of time.
The location was fine. We drove and parked to see the Falls and restaurants were in driving distance.
The room is not boring like the chain motels/hotels. The creativity of the owner is amazing! It is a fun place to stay! I hope to get back there soon!!!
The owners are friendly,welcoming and helpful. They couldn't be nicer.
I stay in hotels/motels/B&Bs quite a few nights per year, and I can't find another motel to match the Rex!

Room Tip: Pick a decor that you like. They are all different. All rooms have parking at the door.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Diane L
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We chose this motel by its Tripadvisor rating. It was a great choice. The motel was clean and comfortable. Amelia the manager was wonderful. Each of the rooms had its own personality. You parked for free in front of your room and there was free WiFi. The rooms were very reasonably priced. It was a short drive to the falls. A great place to stay when you are on a budget.

Room Tip: I like a softer bed. Room 11 was good for me.