“Great place to stay in Niagara!”
Review of The Rex Motel

The Rex Motel
Ranked #1 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Toronto, Canada
“Great place to stay in Niagara!”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

We knew we'd found a great place to stay when we were given such a warm welcome from Emi when we arrived. She was professional and friendly and provided us with directions and dining recommendations. The rooms were lovely, spotlessly clean and very comfortable. We even had fresh pastries waiting for us! This place is an absolute find - great value and super service.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Stayed here for two nights, a diamond of a motel, set in a nice neighbourhood, yet only 10mins drive from the glitz and hustle of downtown Niagara.
We were made to feel totally and genuinely welcome immediately upon our arrival by Emily and all the staff, who gave us excellent first-hand advice, directions and information regarding anything and everything we wanted to do during our visit to the area.
We didn't have a Canada-friendly cellphone, but no problem! Emily and Simeon were only too happy to suggest restaurants and make any phonecalls and reservations for us - no charge!
The room was absolutely spotless, cleanliness is not an issue. and the friendliness and attentiveness we received would put many 4 or 5 star hotels to shame! Would not hesitate to return.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Brossard, Canada
Reviewed October 15, 2013

The only place where I can book hotel in Niagara Falls is Rex Motel, because the service is fantastic. My husband, friends and I, we feel there very special guests. The rooms are super clean, the beds are big and comfortable like at home. The owners Emi and Simeon are very hospitable and professional.This hotel is first on the list for the services and cleanses.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Riverview, Florida
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Granted you are about a mile from the Falls, but this friendly, mom and pop motel, was perfect for us. Freshly baked pastries as a welcome gift. Help with driving and parking and attraction advice from Emilia, and even help making reservations for dinner, as we didn't spring for a Canadian phone, so could only use ours when near the Falls. Only 17 rooms, and each decorated uniquely. We were in the Sun Room, as we brought the sun and lovely weather during our stay the end of September. A note, the rooms do have A/C and heat, but it is controlled centrally rather than by room thermostats. We were very comfortable, with the heat and A/C coming on at appropriate times. Free fast WiFi and free parking, and in a regular neighborhood rather than the touristy areas.

Room Tip: Reserve early, the motel was full up on the weekend we were there. Our room, #16 had a view of the...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
easton, pa
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We spent 2 nights at The Rex (10/12 & 13). At first it seemed out of the way, but Emi, the owner, gave us excellent directions to all of the sights. We were actually just a 10-15 minute drive away from everything we wanted to do. It was actually a good thing to be away from the craziness of the falls area. As soon as we arrtived, Emi asked us what our plans were & what we'd like to see & do. She showed us on a map of the area exactly where we needed to go & where to park. Then she advised us about some other areas that we should see. Her directions were very thorough & her advice was very good. Our room was, as everyone has said, spotless. The entire family was cleaning rooms when we arrived. We got the 'Mexican' room which was brightly colored & nicely decorated. The room was small, but everything was in place (table & chairs, coffee pot, small refrigerator & flat screen TV). The king size mattress was very comfortable. Bathroom was small, but again, spotless. Emi even provided a lovely swan towel & homemade pastries. I would definietly stay at The Rex again & we have already recommended it to friends. The price is incredible.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Salina, Kansas
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I booked my room solely because of the rave reviews on tripadvisor and I wasn't disappointed. Owners personally greeted and welcomed me upon arrival and I had fresh pastries waiting for me in my room.

Emily and Simeon are friendly and helpful. You can really tell that they love their motel. And the comments about cleanliness is so true. My room and bathroom was spotless. The sheets were so soft and the bed was very comfortable. I was concerned that I would hear the traffic from the road, but didn't hear any noise from the traffic. I noticed there was no thermostat in my room, but Emily kept the temperature comfortable. Because I traveled alone, I would have felt more at ease if a deadbolt would have been on the door to my room - my only criticism.

Another reason I chose The Rex was because of the value. Room rates are considerably lower than hotels just blocks away near the Falls. It only took minutes to drive and park in the Falls area, so I was thankful to save a little on my room so I could use my money for other things/activities.

I would recommend anyone to stay here and I would stay again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank tinyfin
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I booked this motel following reviews on Trip adviser and was not disappointed. Anna has done a superb job in turning this motel into something special and I wish her nothing but the best.

The location is right by the main highway but rooms are far back enough that I did not notice any traffic noise - across the road there are peoples houses which looked like they were used in films about crack houses so its not a great area - hopefully the appearance of this spotless motel will rub off to the locals and they can spend an hour with a tin of paint and a paintbrush to tidy up their places to revitalise this area . The rooms are spotless as is the bathroom - very very clean. She takes pride in her rooms & the individual themed rooms.

The parking's free here (as its a motel) and is ideal to then drive into Niagara and park at the Fallsview Casino $5 a day - if you spend $1 in the casino on the slot machines, they validate your parking (plus you have a chance to win $$$). At the casino its a short walk down to the Niagara falls which you can sit for hours and just admire. I'm not a great "Scenery person" but I was blown away by the Power, beauty and grace of the Falls - simply stunning (spent hours watching it which is something I never thought I would do).

Personally, I preferred the Doubletree resort by Hilton as for an extra $20 a night (including the $12 parking fee), you got HUGE rooms, very very comfortable beds, amazing views of the city , free breakfast (see my other review on how to get the free upgrades and breakfast for that hotel), plus a wonderful swimming pool and fitness centre & the location was spot on.

Will I be back to Rex's motel - no but I do wish Anna all the best as she is an amazing host.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family