“Par for the price” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Stratford, Connecticut
“Par for the price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

The pluses: price, location, helpfulness of the staff.
The minuses: location, cramped, noisy one of 2 nights.
The motel is on a main thoroughfare, so traffic can be a problem in a one story place. The owners were accommodating, friendly and gave good tips about parking in town, but you have to drive to e attractions. The room was clean but cheaply appointed.
As value goes, you will get what you pay for. Is is not a negative, just don't expect any fancy amenities or convenient location.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank DebbieGT203

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Ashland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stayed at the Rex Motel while vacationing in Canada for our 10th wedding Anniversary. Our room was breath taking when we opened the door. We felt very safe and enjoyed our chat with the owner and very thankful for the map she provided us to help us get around Niagra Falls. There were fresh baked pastries waiting for us each day and we were delighted! When we visit Canada again we will definately stay at Rex Motel!

Room Tip: Each room is decorated and named.
1 Thank Marjie C
Amherst, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

Unique motel only a few minutes from the falls via McLeod & Stanley. We stayed three nights in early September. The price was very reasonable and we were more than welcome and taken care of . Rooms are more than adequate but don't expect a Hilton. They have everything you need and if they don't the owners are more than willing to supply you needs. Each room is decorated seperately and we had out choice when we arrived. There are restaurants in the vicinity - one across the street, a Tim Hortons a few blocks away and an excellent Chinese restaurant a few blocks from there. Lundy's Lane is not far away where we enjoyed "Oh, Canada", the museum and our favorite The Flying Saucer restaurant. Thank you, Rex Motel.

1 Thank ralphieohio
Smiths Falls, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

Stayed 2 nights late September and would highly recommend the Rex.Lovely, clean and nice sheets. Great little gem of a Motel. Would stay again. We were glad of the quieter night location with only minutes to the centre of town and the beautiful Falls and parkway.

England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

We booked into the Rex Motel for one night in September and extended it to two nights upon arrival. The owner of the motel is very welcoming, friendly and helpful and personally showed us to our room. We were given maps of the local area, advice on the best place to park to see the falls and generally what to do in the area.

Upon entering our room there was a lovely clean aroma, fresh washed laundry which was lovely and something you don't always get. The room was immaculate, not a spec of dust in sight and it felt like you were staying in a friends guest room rather than a motel. The bed was very large and comfortable and the room was decorated and furnished very tastefully.

The bathroom was again very clean with a shower over the bath and plenty of toiletries provided. The microwave and fridge (with a separate freezer compartment) were both clean and useful.

A couple of fresh home baked pastries are left in your room each day which are yummy and it's a really nice touch. Also, as we didn't drink coffee we were left with a variety of tea-bags instead.

The falls are about a 5 minute drive from the motel. The motel is just off the main road however, you don't hear any noise from the road and it feels very safe.

I cannot praise this motel enough, the service is excellent and the owners put a lot of effort in to keep it all spic and span which is appreciated by the customers. I would not hesitate to stay at the Rex Motel again and am glad we chose it for our stay, it's excellent value for money.

2 Thank y0dagreen
Philadelphia, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

My mother and I stayed at the Rex for two nights to celebrate my birthday. Thanks to tripadvisor reviews I decided to stay there and I was not disappointed. The owner is a wonderful woman and service and care is number one on her priority list. She knew my name and brought me the keys to my room before I even got out of the car. The room had wonderful personal touches and was everything I needed. I will definitely be returning to the Rex. I just wish I had taken a picture with Amelia and her family before I left so I can put it in my photo book. I can't wait to see them and stay there again. By the way, I knew I was going to be impressed the moment I booked the room. I explained after booking that I was celebrating my birthday and there was no better way to celebrate than with my mom. Emilia called me (I booked online) just to say she was happy that I love my mom so much and that she could not wait to meet us. Her call made my day.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank FutureChef316
Haifa, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

My wife, 2 kids an I were visiting Niagara Falls and selected the Rex following the great reviews here, and we were glad to discover that everything is true. The room was comfortable and clean, the owner was out of her way to make us feel welcomed. She even treated us with a fresh Bulgarian pastry every evening. The location is great, with easy access to the falls, and very close to supermarkets as well (Walmart, Basics)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family