“Great Weekend”

Ranked #1 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Toronto, Canada
“Great Weekend”
Reviewed July 22, 2011

Spent a weekend there with my girlfriend. Had a great time. The rooms are very clean and tidy. The couple that owns and runs the places is so kind and welcoming that next time we plan a trip to Niagara we are definitely staying there again, I want to bring my whole family there. It's worth it!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 21, 2011

Room was amazing. It was decorated in an African theme. Very clean, was just able to go in, drop bags and relax! :) Close to Fallsview casino and Marineland. Would definitely recommend :)

1 Thank SMolto
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed July 18, 2011

The room, the rates, and most importantly, the hosts were all perfect! Very cozy and clean. I liked the fact that we got a microwave, small fridge, parking and Wi-Fi all included. All of these were hit and miss or additional charges for the larger expensive hotels. Plus, very easy to get to the Falls. The hosts were very accommodating and gave great suggestions for us as a family. I loved how she let us settle in with the kids first before dealing with the "paperwork." She even let our children play on her children's swing set, which was super sweet. For the price and the service, I don't think we could stay anywhere else when we go back!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Sherbrooke, Canada
Reviewed July 15, 2011

We chose this motel after reading the good reviews on tripavisor. I do not regret our choice. The highlight of this hotel is the hospitality of the owners. You won't find any other Hotel/Motel in Niagara with such a welcome:

-They gave us all the information (and more) that we needed for our stay in Niagara. Emi's advice were a great help to readjust our planning.

-They help us to stay one more night at their motel in hosting us in their beautiful house because the motel was booked.

The room was really clean and well organized.
The motel is quiet and the clientele is respectful.
The rates are really too low

1 Thank GabrielChasse
Canton, Ohio
Reviewed July 15, 2011

I found this hotel on TripAdvisor and so I had high expectations based on the reviews from past guests. We booked two rooms - one for me and my partner, and one for my mother. The booking process was easy and very pleasant. All of my requests (king size bed for us, a specific room for my mom) were taken into consideration and upon checking in, everything was just right. Emily, the owner, is truly a delight. She clearly loves what she does and is the epitome of a "people person". She made several wonderful recommendations as to our visit, which became highlights of each day's excursions. Each evening upon returning to the room, we found delicious fresh-baked homemade pastries, just the right size for a midnight snack or morning treat. Each room has a small fridge, coffee pot, and microwave. The beds in both rooms were very comfortable. The rooms were spotlessly clean - I worked in the hotel business for years and have stayed in many hotels rooms at every price point, and the rooms here were beyond any others. The decor is beautiful and unique in each room. A 5 minute drive (2 turns only) gets you to the Falls area. My partner said yesterday, and I agree, that we will only stay here when returning to the area. Motel prices, boutique bed and breakfast experience, and a convenient location - what else could you ask for?

Room Tip: The Knight's room has a great king bed and a medieval style. The Provence room is just beautiful...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank mchmjc
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed July 9, 2011

Nice family owned place, friendly service. Good rooms considering the cost which is dirt cheap (60$ a night when we stayed in June). The rooms are small and nicely decorated each with their own name and theme. Comfy beds and free wi-fi. It's not very far from the falls and clifton hill, about a 5 minute drive. I booked this place at the last minute in a rush on the same day I stayed there trusting the reviews and I'm glad I did. The lady at the counter was very friendly, she suggested some restaurants and bars in the area and even brought us some pasties to our room which I found was a nice touch. Would stay there again if I was to visit the Niagara Falls area.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Jersey
Reviewed July 5, 2011

To celebrate our wedding anniversary, my husband and I wanted to take our first trip to Niagara Falls. Prices for most of the downtown hotels were at least double the rate of the Rex Motel. After reading the positive reviews, we decided to book 2 nights there. About a 5 minute drive from the main Falls area, the Rex is located away from the touristy noise and bustle. A welcome retreat after a long day of walking and site-seeing. The hotel is operated by a family who are extremely nice and personable. Emi, the owner, graciously welcomed us and took time to acquaint us with a very helpful map of roads and areas of interest. The room itself was cozy, equipped with a comfortable bed, TV, minifridge, and microwave. Overall, we enjoyed our stay and would recommend the Rex Motel.