“Not a Normal Motel”
Review of The Rex Motel

The Rex Motel
Ranked #2 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed April 27, 2011

this motel from outside looks like many motel in the USA and Canada ... but it is different.

The staff take care of you for example explaining what to do in the Niagara fall area without any interest (they did not ask me to tell to the restaurant I was coming thanks to the Hotel).

The rooms are clean and nice ... they are different one from the another and even if the forniture are cheap ... they looks preatty.

In few words .... Not a Motel even if it look like and excellent quality vs price

Room Tip: Call the guest
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Luka67
There are newer reviews for The Rex Motel

Reviewed April 5, 2011

We we're just looking for cheap motel to crash in after an event in St. Catharines (all there were $90 plus) and this was perfect find. The rate was great, the room was better than average (for a motel) and the delicious pastry Emilia delivered was a nice touch.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mikey J
Reviewed March 18, 2011

this was an unexpected find. a motel at the fall with a reasonable price. the owners are very freindly and super nice people. this is truly a family business. Even their mom baked us fresh pastry of our morning coffee. I will look forward to my next stay at the REX Motel. kevin and nancy

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank novomoto
Reviewed February 23, 2011

Hello! I needed accommodations back in my home town of Niagara Falls, Canada - somewhere near my parents, and a walk away from a grocery store, so I could mind my pennies while back in town. The Rex is PERFECT. Having grown up in the neighbourhood, I was curious to see how the renovations transformed the place, and did they! Each motel room comes complete with everything they promise on the website. The kitchenette is a life and money saver, wifi is free and excellent (I work from room), free cable TV with tons of channels and really big TV in my room and free parking right outside your door! Super clean, cozy and bright, with the owners Emily and Simeon available and responsive with any request! Clearly the best rates in town if you need a weekend away, transition home, cool neighbourhoody place! Would stay again in a heartbeat and am sure I will be back! Thank you Rex!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank MannyToronto
Reviewed February 22, 2011

If you are not high maintenance and if you don't mind driving a few kilometers into the center of town, this motel is great. The owners are a major part of why this is place is a winner. This couple is super friendly and pays attention to detail. The grandmother even gave me homemade food such as pizza during my stay.

They offered to let me choose between the 2 available rooms that they had after showing me each one. Each room is decorated w/ a different theme, a nice difference from the standard motel room.

The motel is older and has some tired furniture so a high maintenance type may prefer to stay elsewhere. The room included a kitchenette. I need to have a fridge available when for leftovers, etc. when I travel so the kitchenette was more than enough.

Internet service was free and reliable. The place was clean, had hot water, etc., etc.

Stay here while in Niagara Falls, Ont., it's a great bargain.

Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank brnpelican
Reviewed February 7, 2011

One of the nicest motels I have ever stayed in!
The motels are uniquely decorated. Free WiFi and cable. Microwave and fridge. Very clean, including the bathroom. The hosts are very nice and are willing to help you with whatever you need, they make sure to check in on you and make sure you have everything. Definitely will go back!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Cleo288
Reviewed January 13, 2011

Niagara was my second stop in Canada and I was so thrilled to have stayed in Rex Motel. The rooms were neat, clean and nicely decorated. WIFI service was also included which kept me connected.

Emily and Simeon are hospitable so many ways. The nice cookies and pastries we found everyday in our room, recommendations on where to go and even giving us a lift to Mandarin to have this awesome Chinese buffet around the vicinity.

The only catch about staying there is that the easiest way to travel around is by cab and each way is USD 8 per trip. It also tends to be a little quiet in the motel but it's fine with me.

I would recommend others to stay there if you are in Niagara. It's well worth for the money.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends