“Repeat Guest”

Imperial Hotel & Suites
Ranked #78 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed July 12, 2005

Good Value for the Money. Large, Clean Rooms. Ours had 2 queen beds and a pull out couch - fit my family of 6 fine. Free Breakfast was the basic: eggs and sausage, pancakes, etc., but was informed by the desk this will be discontinued soon.

Location is great - close to Clifton Hill for the kids and several restaurants. No view. Parking Lot is rather small and I hear that soon they will be charging $5 per day to park.

I've stayed here 5 times with my family over the years. Always satisfied. Pool and hot tub are great - lots of fun. Staff friendly and even loaned us a corkscrew after we went on a wine tour and made a purchase. They have a small gym with newer-looking equipment located near the pool.

I've stayed at other Niagara hotels and this was the best room at a good price.

• Stayed: January 2005
4  Thank Chris B
There are newer reviews for Imperial Hotel & Suites

Reviewed June 23, 2005

I stayed at the Imperial for one night with my two young children. One of the clerks at the desk was very nice while another was not all that friendly. The hotel is a short walk to the falls and right in the middle of the downtown action (shops, food, activities, etc). It was noted to be 1 block from the falls but it is a bit more than that, maybe 5 minutes down Clifton Hill. All in all I would stay here again since the price was right ($74 US) for the night.

Stayed: June 2005
4  Thank ritewinger
Reviewed May 18, 2005

We were a group of about ten women who decided to meet in Niagara Falls, Canada for a get-together. We chose the Niagara Imperial Hotel for it's location and it's reasonable rates (for four nights).

The hotel is tourist class, not fancy but well staffed and helpful. While we were there they allowed us to meet and convene in the lobby and turned over their restaurant to us, during off hours, for a gathering.

They put us all on the same floor with rooms in close proximity to each other. They took calls, ordered out and opened wine bottles. They were the most accommodating hotel !!

There was also a lovely pool and hot tub (large) on the premises.

We all had mini-suites, and several of our rooms overlooked the American Falls (this was early May and the trees were not fully leafed-out; it's possible that in the summer you can not see the Falls from the hotel). We will stay there again. This hotel is close (easy walking distance) to many of the main attractions in town, including the river walk between the two falls.

Only one thing seemed a bit off - the hotel's web-site proclaims "free breakfast". This is not true. The front desk gives you a '$5. off' breakfast coupon when you check in.

The rooms were quiet and comfortable and furnished with everything that you need.

3  Thank carolart
Reviewed May 10, 2005

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Imperial from May 4 - 6 and it was absolutely amazing! The suite was a pretty decent size and the cleanliness was above average. The only downside to the room was that the matress was extremely hard and the blankets were a tad rough.
The hotel itself has a game room, fitness area and pool/hottub, which I would all recommend. It's about a two minute walk to Clifton hill and a 5 minute walk to The Falls.
The "included" breakfast is not so inclusive. The hotel gives you $5.00 vouchers per family. And, the menu is extremely overpriced. I suggest eating elsewhere for breakfast. There are an abundance of restaurants around the area.
Casino Niagara is real close to the hotel too. It's about a 7 minute walk. My boyfriend was quite impressed because they had a poker room, where texas hold em' was played.
If you like shopping (clothes) there isn't much in the area. I would suggest a 15 minute drive to St. Catharine's, where they have the Penn Centre or a 25 minute drive into Amherst, Buffalo. Amherst has a really great mall called the Boulevard mall and it was extremely easy to find from the hotel. I really recommend doing this if you're into great shopping!!
Overall, it was a great experience and I would totally recommend this hotel to everyone!!!

• Stayed: May 2005
6  Thank IslandEvader
Reviewed April 20, 2005

From a person that is use to staying in nothing but Hilton brand hotels, this was not bad to spend time with the family and save a few dollars. The room was clean, and spacious for 5. It had a refrigerator to keep our drinks cooled, but I would have preferred to have a microwave as well, but what do you expect for $99 CND for two nights on very short notice. The pool/jacuzzi was clean and was not crowded at all and we were able to walk to Clifton Hills and all attractions while there, which was nice considering the wonderful wehather we had.

We didn't eat breakfast at the hotel as we prefer a specific restaurant to eat.

Overall if I had to do it all over again or recommend it for others I would.

• Stayed: April 2005, traveled on business
7  Thank Johnny H
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 13, 2004

The hotel is being renovated, so some rooms are very much in disrepair. Our worn non smoking room was unclean, so we were upgraded to a renovated smoking suite. The room smelled terrible, even with the air cleaner. The bed was very soft, and we did not sleep well. The jacuzzi was lovely, and clean. The room itself was renovated, but looked worn. All of our stuff ended up smelling smoky by the time we left. It was noisy due to proximity of clubs.

Breakfast was mediocre at best. No brewed decaf! The breakfast meats were of poor quality, and we needed an immediate antacid chaser. The hotel calls itself 3 stars, but I would say it is no better than a 2 star.

The staff were excellent and extremely accommodating. They tried to make us less unhappy.

Service and jacuzzi, great.

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Fort Wayne, IN
Reviewed November 14, 2004

We stayed at the Imperial Hotel & Suites for 2 nights (Nov. 12-14th). We were greeted by a friendly, helpful staff. I made the reservations through infoniagara for a cheaper price than the hotel gave ($59.95 CAD for Friday, $75.00 CAD for Saturday...plus taxes and parking fee ) for a Junior Suite with one King bed. Room was clean, on 10th floor in back of hotel. Not a pretty view of the back parking lot, but a quiet room!! Room came with microwave, fridge, hair dryer, iron and board, coffee maker (they provide coffee, cream and sugar), 2 - 25" TV's (one in bed area and one in sitting area), and has a half wall dividing the bedroom/bathroom and sitting area with pull-out sofa, TV and table with chairs. (I sleep on a pillowtop mattress at home and the bed was a bit too firm for my liking....so I slept on the sofa....and had a good nights rest.) Plenty of towels and extra pillows in the room. Lots of storage drawers (7 total).

The hotel has a jacuzzi whirlpool and swimming pool on the "B" floor which was open during our stay (very clean and not crowded). It had been closed the week before for painting. There's a game room and and fitness room, too.

The complimentary breakfast is served at a restaurant within the hotel with a choice of five different meals....... (1) - 2 eggs, toast, ham or sausage, (2) - 2 pancakes, ham or sausage, (3) - 2 pieces of French toast, ham or sausage, (4) - cereal (don't remember what else it offered), and (5) continental-type breakfast. Breakfast included choice of coffee or tea - with free refills.....and the staff was very prompt with refills and were very friendly. EXCELLENT FOOD and plenty for adults (can't comment on child's portion). You can order other food or drinks off their menu at an additional cost.

Old casino is about a 5 minute walk away...same with the Clifton Hill attractions. New casino and Falls are about a 15 minute walk. We ate at the new casino....the buffet was exceptional! Cost was $45.88 CAD including tax for 2 of us to eat....and eat....and eat!! We had never gambled but thought it would be fun to do. We exchanged our US money for Canadian, ask the cashier for assistance on what to do and put $5.00 in a slot machine. First time we used it....won $20.00. Cashed out on that machine and moved to another. Took two times to win an additional $200.00. We left with our earnings!! Not bad for 5 minutes of gambling!

We will definitely stay at the Imperial Hotel & Suites again.....and recommend it to friends and family. It's a great value, close to the falls and other attractions, and has clean rooms, pool and jacuzzi and a friendly staff.

• Stayed: November 2004