“Would definitely stay again”
Review of Susan's Villa

Susan's Villa
Ranked #34 of 69 Niagara Falls B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Stayed in first floor suite two days. Very nice place all around.

Edwin was quite entertaining and helpful, ESPECIALLY about what to see in our limited time. (Don't miss Niagara-on-the-Lake!)

Easy walk to the Falls, fireworks and downtown.

Only regret was that we had to leave too early on our final day in order to catch the Muskegon MI ferryboat and missed breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Susan-R-Edwin, General Manager at Susan's Villa, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write this great review.

We hope that you got the ferry boat and everything went well.

Susan and I wish you the BEST for the future.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

We have just returned from a wonderful 2 night stay at Susan's Villas in Niagara Falls. We were 4 adults and 2 children aged 5 & 7, and stayed in the spacious 2 bedroom Domino Suite which suited us perfectly. We were welcomed by Edwin, who kept us entertained through our stay with his lovely cheeky nature and jovial banter. Thanks you also to Susan - there was not a spec of dirt to be found here and the breakfast was absolutely excellent! Perfect location, central to everything, free wi-fi, plenty of parking spaces. Thank you for a great stay and making our family feel so welcome.

1  Thank sonia3144
Susan-R-Edwin, General Manager at Susan's Villa, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

Thank you Sonia for this great review.

It is easy to be friendly to nice and great people!
You are welcome here anytime.

Susan and I wish you the BEST for the future.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

Our family of five stayed at Susan's Villa in Niagara Falls and we loved it! Edwin and Susan are wonderful hosts! We stayed in the Domino Room, which had 2 bedrooms, and it was very comfortable, plenty of room and we never felt crowded. The room was very clean, and the closets were very nicely sized. It really felt like I was staying at a family member's house, and we made a lot of use of the common room outside of our room, which was great for relaxing and hanging out. It was so good to go there after a long day of walking around.The location is just a short walk to the Falls and Clifton Hill. Susan made an excellent breakfast each morning, we couldn't stop talking about the bacon! Edwin and Susan were both so sweet and friendly, it was sad saying goodbye, and the big hugs we got from them made me feel like I was leaving my mom and dad's house :) It really made a big impression on me. We will definitely make this our home away from home when we return to Niagara Falls!

1  Thank tina197
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

Thank you very much for this great review.

Susan and I liked you very much too!
Hope to see you again.

All the best for the future to all of you.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

The location of Susan's villa is really great. You can walk to the falls and the centre of Niagara from there very easily. There is parking next to the house too. We had two rooms, one of which slept 4 and had a fold out bed in the wardrobe too. There was a bathroom in between the two rooms, and the other room had a double bed too. The place was really comfortable. We got there quite late at night though and I was led to believe that arriving after 11 would mean that nobody would answer the door. There was free Wifi and breakfast was served at 9 sharp. There was a problem with the hot water there, so I had a freezing cold shower with the force of Niagara Falls behind it! I am sure that was a temporary problem though and overall I have to say that it was a great place to stay!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

Thank you for this nice review.
I hope to see you again.

Reviewed November 7, 2011

very spacious room with 2 bedrooms, private bathroom, fridge and tv in the room, extremelly clean.
Family trip with a toddler and he loved it!
The breakfast was tremendously huge and delicious (and we have a very big appetite!)
They gave us very good tips for our tours, free parking and the keys to come and go whenever we wanted to.

We look forward to stay here next time.

Couldn't ask for a better location, everything is at walking distance.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank M4risol
Susan-R-Edwin, Manager at Susan's Villa, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2011

Thank you very much for staying here and for this super review.

We hope to see you again. We also would welcome referrals very much.

Thanks again, Edwin

Reviewed October 21, 2011

We stayed there 5 days with a 7 months-old baby. They had a foldable crib and a high chair, as well as a standard bath in our suite to accomodate the baby's needs. Susan was absent and Edwin agreed to let us cook our own food, since I have a very strict diet to follow (soy and milk proteins intolerance). It is located about 10 minutes walk to the waterfalls, therefore very practical. Less luxury than at some condos, but much more accessible for our baby and our wallet.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank nathpick
Susan-R-Edwin, Manager at Susan's Villa, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2011

We have great guests. Testimonials sent by past guests to many web sites besides trip advisor show that. If something could be changed for the better we change. Our guest must be happy!
Now, we tried to help nathpick and…..BIG mistake as you saw! I feel like stabbed in the back and really hate to write this response!
This woman calls, writes, and calls. She needs something cheap. The cheapest room. No Breakfast for her, the boyfriend and the baby. I felt very sorry for them and still do. Send them to a hostel? No, I took them in.
The regular price of the suite we gave her was $ 120.00/N. For her I charged ONLY $ 80.00 (eighty)/night, 5 nights. Big saving!
I bought a highchair and a crib. I picked them up from the railway station. We let them use the kitchen. Cleaned the dining room after them times and again. Laundered plenty of towels for her. Let them wash their own stuff, and…….
Both, my cook and I were always there when they needed something, even milk. Free of charge. Just helping. Always! They were happy here. Always!
Now she complained, writes a bad review. WHY? Makes me very sad after what we did. Service not good enough? She got the BEST possible. Worth 7 out of 5. Value: worth 8 out of 5. Cleanliness: could not be better. We have the cleanest place around! Sleep quality, rooms: I quit commenting! Too depressing!
They left when everyone was still asleep. Missing was the phone and 2 towels.

What did we do wrong? Being too helpful? Quit helping in future? NEVER, WE KEEP ON DOING WHAT WE ALWAYS DID! Do the BEST we can to keep our Guests happy! This is our mission!

Reviewed September 8, 2011

If you're looking for a CLEAN, comfortable, safe place to stay close to the falls than this is it. Edwin & Susan are impeccable hosts...informative, friendly, accommodating...I've been home for a week now & miss them! Susan doesn't speak much English but she makes the most incredible breakfasts, make sure you are HUNGRY in the morning as she always has way too much food on the table.

I brought my mom who is 62 & my son who is 12 with me on this vacation and all 3 of us loved the place. It was less than a 10 minute walk to the falls and Clifton Hill. We parked the car when we arrived & didn't get back in it until we drove up to Niagara on the Lake...which I highly recommend...thank you Edwin for telling us about it!

We stayed in the suite that could sleep 5. There were 2 bedrooms; 1 with a queen bed & the other with a twin bed & fold out couch. The room was very tight with fold out couch opened up, but we didn't need it (it was uncomfortable anyway) so we closed it up & there was so much space. The bedrooms & bathroom were all VERY clean which is so important to me. The back deck is a great place for relaxing with a good book it's nice & shady too.

I am excited to return and will definitely reserve a room with the two of them again!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
rogerNiagaraFalls, Manager at Susan's Villa, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2011

Thank you Kelly for the great review.
We miss you too!