“What a mistake I made”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Niagara Falls
Carriage House Motor Lodge
Ranked #82 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Indianapolis, Indiana
“What a mistake I made”
Reviewed October 4, 2011

My rother, myself and our wives decided to drive from Indianapolis, IN to Niagra Falls and then to stay on the Canadian side. When we take these trips we like to sort of roll with the punches and not do a lot of planning, "usually" more fun that way as we can decide on a detour and not sweat losing deposit money - this works well for us, typically. This time, not so much. We had an iPad in the car as we drove towards Niagra Falls and looked up hotels on Hotels.com. The best sounding room was pricey (my opinion) at $111 per noght, billed to include aan in door pool and a restaurant on site. Well ... the pool was empty and the restaurant was gone. The write up touted windows that opened and we thought that would be great: sleeping with fresh air. But wait, when I attempted to open one of the windows further (it was partially open when we got to our room) I couldn't because the window crank simply spun with no effect. I thought to myslef, "self, just open the other window". I attempted to do just that only to discover that the other window was missing its crank. The I discovered that the missing crank was meaningless because the window lock was screwed down and wouldn't have opened anyway.

I chould have known this was a bust, when we drove up the sinage was broken (busted out) and instead of, "Carriage House" the sign read, "Carriage Ho". Hmmm.

Room Tip: Stay across the street, there's a Travel Lodge for half the price and twice the value: the indoo...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Mike G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 23, 2011

This was by far the worst place I've ever stayed in my life!!! Will never go back..... ever! It's a shame really because from the outside, it appears to be quite charming. The inside however, is dingy, dirty, outdated and disgusting. Yes, we found a cockroach!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Niagara Falls hotels

Paris, Canada
Reviewed August 16, 2011

on first impression i thought we were in for a rough weekend. we came for a soccer tournament with the kids, and when we pulled in i saw the people in the back who are permanent residents. the area looked a bit shady and run down. upon arriving in our room we were pleasantly surprised very clean.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Otter Lake Quebec
Reviewed October 31, 2010

My husband recently started working in Niagara Falls,so I went to spend 10 days with him. He is staying at the Carriage House,a very affordable and clean motel .It has a very nice outdoor and indoor pool. The owners and the staff are some of the nices people I have ever meet!
I will be going back to the Falls shortly and I defenetly will be staying at the Carriage House!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 21, 2010

i stayed at the carriage house for about 3 months. the people that live here parrty all the time, they let their kids run wild. the outdoor pool is dirty and so is the indoor one. the jacuzzi doesnt even work. i had to beg to get a bigger tv in my room and to get rid of the extra bed in my room. there are spiders in the rooms, and the phones dont even call any numbers that start with 289 they hold your any checks that come in unless they cash it for you. its a horrible place to stay.

• Stayed September 2010
2 Thank babykisses
wheatley, ontario
Reviewed September 19, 2010

Will never stay here again, told maintenance about toilet leaking and was never fixed whole time we stayed there, we had to put towels on floor to soak up water. look like they rent it out as apartments now. scary, shady people there. did not feel safe.

• Stayed September 2010
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 24, 2010

This place was dirty had old dried semen stains on the linens. This "motel" is used for street walks on Lundy's lane. basically they use the same sheets when the rent the room by the hour.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family