My rother, myself and our wives decided to drive from Indianapolis, IN to Niagra Falls and then to stay on the Canadian side. When we take these trips we like to sort of roll with the punches and not do a lot of planning, "usually" more fun that way as we can decide on a detour and not sweat losing deposit money - this works well for us, typically. This time, not so much. We had an iPad in the car as we drove towards Niagra Falls and looked up hotels on Hotels.com. The best sounding room was pricey (my opinion) at $111 per noght, billed to include aan in door pool and a restaurant on site. Well ... the pool was empty and the restaurant was gone. The write up touted windows that opened and we thought that would be great: sleeping with fresh air. But wait, when I attempted to open one of the windows further (it was partially open when we got to our room) I couldn't because the window crank simply spun with no effect. I thought to myslef, "self, just open the other window". I attempted to do just that only to discover that the other window was missing its crank. The I discovered that the missing crank was meaningless because the window lock was screwed down and wouldn't have opened anyway.
I chould have known this was a bust, when we drove up the sinage was broken (busted out) and instead of, "Carriage House" the sign read, "Carriage Ho". Hmmm.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Carriage House makes affordability and high quality accommodations a reality. We offer you clean and comfortable rooms at an affordable price to suit any number of travelers to the lovely Niagara Falls area. We are conveniently located only 2 miles from the actual Falls and have many nearby attractions that will make your stay exciting! Book your dream vacation today with the Carriage House Niagara Falls! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Carriage House Motor Hotel Niagara Falls
- Carriage Hotel Niagara Falls
- Carriage Motel Niagara Falls